Photo

Scotland V Roi

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Douglasr1

Douglasr1
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Live and work in Belfast.......some of my work mates are ROI supporters and word is from them that if the game goes ahead at Celtic Park they intend making it a "home match" and reading Sunday Mail this morning JohnO'Shea is practically saying this as well.........for this reason alone we should be looking at taking this game to Murryfield or indeed Ibrox.

It is going to be to easy for ROI "supporters" to buy up tickets when they go on sale outside SSC members........what do you think...it is vital to retain home advantage?

#2 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

The SFA could quite easily make this match have a 'no public sale' & offer additional tickets to SSC members.

The problem is we think we can take over stadiums abroad but it shouldn't happen at home.

SCOTTISH CUFF LINKS AVAILABLE AT THE LITTLE SILVER FINGERS WEBSITE OR AT

https://www.etsy.com...leSilverFingers  :ok:

#3 Shotts56

Shotts56
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

I have no problem at all (like most of us) if an Ireland fan ended up sitting next to me. We do it abroad all the time.

I do have a problem though with a wee ned in a Celtic top and a Scottish accent sitting next to me cheering on Ireland.
I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land.

#4 ErsatzThistle

ErsatzThistle
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

I have no problem at all (like most of us) if an Ireland fan ended up sitting next to me. We do it abroad all the time.

I do have a problem though with a wee ned in a Celtic top and a Scottish accent sitting next to me cheering on Ireland.

Agree with this all the way.

x 1,000,000

“I may as well confess that at the back of everything I write is the dream of an independent Scotland, completely cut off from it’s present association.”

Compton Mackenzie - March 7th 1939

#5 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

I said from day 1 that this game needs to be at Ibrox or Murrayfield. This will be a huge game and I am looking forward to our Irish cousins coming over for a party. Martin O'Neill would prefer this game to be at Parkhead, so it can't be there.
SSC members will snap up the tickets if they are offered them so there is no way the Irish will turn this into a home game.

#6 stephend5587

stephend5587
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

SSC members will snap up the tickets if they are offered them so there is no way the Irish will turn this into a home game.

This is where i think if the SFA price this game sensibly and offer the remaining tickets to SSC members it could well be a sell out and limit the number of ROI fans in the home end. But i think we have to just accept its going to happen, its just a case trying to limit the number 

#7 France here we come

France here we come
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

. Martin O'Neill would prefer this game to be at Parkhead, so it can't be there.

What if it's also Gordon Strachan's and the players preferred venue?

#8 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

What if it's also Gordon Strachan's and the players preferred venue?

Fair point :ok:

#9 Jagtag

Jagtag
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

I think it should be Ibrox. For the simple fact that every little ned with a celtic top will probably head along and support the Republic in a stadium they feel at home in. I doubt they will be so comfortable going to ibrox.

#10 fringo

fringo
  • 6,094 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

Isn't this in the wrong section for starters ? Only confuses matters. :blink:

"They laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now."

#11 France here we come

France here we come
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

I think it should be Ibrox. For the simple fact that every little ned with a celtic top will probably head along and support the Republic in a stadium they feel at home in. I doubt they will be so comfortable going to ibrox.

Do you honestly think that someone who was intending to go and cause trouble would let the fact that it's at Ibrox rather than Parkhead put them off? I don't.

Quite amazing the frenzy being whipped up here based on absolutely nothing.

#12 Jagtag

Jagtag
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Do you honestly think that someone who was intending to go and cause trouble would let the fact that it's at Ibrox rather than Parkhead put them off? I don't.

Quite amazing the frenzy being whipped up here based on absolutely nothing.

I never mentioned trouble. I just think that the local Ireland sympathisers are more likely to turn out and support them at celtic park.

#13 France here we come

France here we come
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

I never mentioned trouble.

Fair enough although using the word Ned implied it.

#14 Ally Bear

Ally Bear
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

I really dont know how folk can say that the Irish will turn this into a home game.

Initially Ireland will get the agreed allocation of 8%

There are 30,000 SSC members just about

As previously stated It is possible that the SFA will not have a public sale and will give +1 to SSC members first come first served

If any public sale it will probably be limited. There will be thousands of Scotland fans wanting these too and the likelihood is you will need a Scottish address with the stipulation that any Ireland fans in the Scotland end will be ejected

"A Noble Spirit Embiggens the Smallest Man"

"The Bird is the Word"

"If your so keen on normalizing something, why don't you start with your face?"

#15 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

I really dont know how folk can say that the Irish will turn this into a home game.

Initially Ireland will get the agreed allocation of 8%

There are 30,000 SSC members just about

As previously stated It is possible that the SFA will not have a public sale and will give +1 to SSC members first come first served

If any public sale it will probably be limited. There will be thousands of Scotland fans wanting these too and the likelihood is you will need a Scottish address with the stipulation that any Ireland fans in the Scotland end will be ejected

All that would be in an ideal world......

We will just have to wait to see how it all pans out i suppose

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016