Scotland V Roi

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Ally Bear

Ally Bear
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Thank you for your e-mail.

It has not yet been decided where the qualification matches this year will be played. With regards to tickets, as you can imagine we cannot offer all members the chance to purchase an extra ticket, as we do not have enough seats in the stadium to cover this. As soon as we have full information about our qualification matches we will let all members know.

Kind regards
The Scottish FA

"A Noble Spirit Embiggens the Smallest Man"

"The Bird is the Word"

"If your so keen on normalizing something, why don't you start with your face?"

#17 France here we come

France here we come
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

With regards to tickets, as you can imagine we cannot offer all members the chance to purchase an extra ticket, as we do not have enough seats in the stadium to cover this

That's fairly obvious but they could give all members a chance to purchase an extra ticket on a first come first serve basis.

#18 Green_Tide_Rising

Green_Tide_Rising
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Nice preparation for Scotlands visit to Dublin

Ireland V England - Dublin June 2015 - Confirmed

http://www.rte.ie/sp...gland-at-aviva/

#19 glasgow jock

glasgow jock
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

Potential for "soapy bubble" me thinks ?

#20 Green_Tide_Rising

Green_Tide_Rising
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Potential for "soapy bubble" me thinks ?

"soapy bubble" ----- its either a laundrette or scottish slang i dont understand - care to tell good sir?

#21 Gary Stirling

Gary Stirling
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

"soapy bubble" ----- its either a laundrette or scottish slang i dont understand - care to tell good sir?

Trouble...

#22 Green_Tide_Rising

Green_Tide_Rising
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Trouble...

Ah cheers Gary mate 

Well the english will be welcomed to Dublin and I look forward to us hosting them and their fans and having banter and a beer with them pre and post match

Was over at wembley last year for our 1-1 draw with  them - I cudnt complement the english enough and their fantastic hospitality which they showed to us.

They will get it in return when they come to dublin  - there was no crowd trouble in wembley and there wont be any in Lansdowne road either

Please god the days of 1995 are long gone

#23 France here we come

France here we come
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

The vast majority of the English support are a decent bunch these days. It's getting harder for the knuckle draggers who're intent on mindless violence now thankfully  :ok:

Edited by France here we come, 09 April 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#24 Green_Tide_Rising

Green_Tide_Rising
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

The vast majority of the English support are a decent bunch these days. It's getting harder for the knuckle draggers who're intent on mindless violence now thankfully  :ok:

I raise a glass to that good sir

#25 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

I have to agree. Was pleasantly surprised last August in London.

SCOTTISH CUFF LINKS AVAILABLE AT THE LITTLE SILVER FINGERS WEBSITE OR AT

https://www.etsy.com...leSilverFingers  :ok:

#26 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

I have to agree. Was pleasantly surprised last August in London.

August was a pleasure, absolutely no sign of grief. Just the same as the Brazil game and i am sure the Nigeria game will be the same.

I am also expecting nothing but friendly banter with our Irish friends when we meet, some of our more "local" tricolour wavers may be a different story though.

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#27 glasgow jock

glasgow jock
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

I concur....Wembley last August was a pleasant surprise, good banter, fans mixed well & they didn't seem too upset at 20,000 Scots taking over Trafalgar Square on a warm August afternoon.

#28 1320lichtie

1320lichtie
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Was not really feeling the whole 'love in' with the Engerlish in August, there was a load of bottles thrown at me and others when at Trafalgar square on the Tuesday night by a big gang, after a whole lot of sand dancing that followed the Polis turned up and stopped anything from happening. Also seemed to be a huge amount of knobs at the ground pre match.

ETA: Although I did have a good laugh with a Jamiacan/English bloke on the walk back to the tube after the game who complimented us on our performance as fans! :ok:

Edited by 1320lichtie, 22 April 2014 - 10:15 AM.

#29 Dr V

Dr V
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

A crazy decision. I remember the game in 2003. Sitting in the west enclosure next to the Ireland fans and half them were wee glasgow neds with Celtic tops on calling us orange bastards. Horrible atmosphere and I have not seen so many angry scottish fans at a home game.

Playing it at Celtic park is all about money and the sfa should be ashamed, it should have been I fox with the Georgia game at Celtic park. It will be like a home game for Ireland and the sfa have sold their souls for cash

#30 Slide Tackle

Slide Tackle
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Exactly, its an efin joke