Price Of Beer In Ireland...

Crisps anaw.........

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Jimmy`s Lassie

Jimmy`s Lassie
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

i ll be in temple bar every night whether its ten euros a pint as thats where the action is

you wouldnt go to a party at a posh hotel and sit yourself in the pub across the road

I would if the atmosphere was better in the pub across the road!!!

Last 2 trips we drank practically everywhere else apart from Temple Bar - some really crackin local pubs across the river where we were made welcome and had live music every night.  Tended really just stop in Temple Bar during the day but go elsewhere in the evening  :cheers3:

"thats where the action is" .....................ur hugely mistaken if you think temple bar is the only place to be in dublin on night out

get up to harcourt st, camden st, wexford st, baggot st for serious craic  - loads of pubs and clubs and beer prices that are alot more reasonable than temple bar

:ok:  :ok:  :ok:

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely!

Some of us weep, some of us howl, our knees turn to jelly............................N.E.X.T........... The SAHB

#17 Dave78

Dave78
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

For those that like Irish music, go to the Cobblestones in Smithfield (10 min walk from O'Connell St). Non-ripoff prices and much better than Temple Bar (which is usually just some guy with a guitar banging out the old favourites over a PA to pished up Yanks)

#18 Deeklipse

Deeklipse
  • 991 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Wetherspoons opened a couple of weeks ago. On the outskirts I think but more on the way...

#19 in5omniac

in5omniac
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

I remember we found one when we were over for the Nations Cup last time, down near the Tara St. train station, was €3.40 a pint mostly I think.

Edit: this one: http://sublounge.ie/

Edited by in5omniac, 26 July 2014 - 06:29 PM.

2014 marathons: Belfast, Loch Ness, Yorkshire

#20 King Of Paisley

King Of Paisley
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

Found that Talbot Street was pretty reasonable for decent priced pubs. Pretty much had an old mans feel about them but were fine. O Shea's was reasonable as well from memory.

King Of Paisley - now exiled and domiciled in Clydebank....

#21 Charlie Endell

Charlie Endell
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Wetherspoons opened a couple of weeks ago. On the outskirts I think but more on the way...

Bizarrely, it doesn't sell Guinness as they couldn't come to a desk with Diageo.
Here is a box, a musical box, wound up and ready to play.

#22 Charlie Endell

Charlie Endell
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

Deal.
Here is a box, a musical box, wound up and ready to play.

#23 Debian

Debian
  • 544 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

Tara Street Bar - 3.20 a pint

#24 Jimmy`s Lassie

Jimmy`s Lassie
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

The Celt Bar in Talbot Street was another great pub - live music and reasonable prices  :ok:

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely!

Some of us weep, some of us howl, our knees turn to jelly............................N.E.X.T........... The SAHB

#25 hibee daft

hibee daft
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

As a Scot living in Dublin for past 14years I wouldn't drink in Temple Bar,thats my personal choice,its a major tourist trap and a rip off.Prices go up during the night,some pubs in temple bar charge up to 8 euro a pint,they say the extra is to pay for a guy playing music in the corner.Bollocks its pure greed,there are loads of great pubs with free entertainment,George st,Camden st,Dame st,Baggot st to name just a few areas,i sometimes frequent a pub on Aston Quay,just at Oconnell Bridge,called Fitzgeralds,nice pub,pints 3.90 for Carling,4euro for some craft ales.Also as mentioned before the Sub Lounge also called O Riellys at Tara St station sell all pints for 3.60 or something.The Living Room on Cathal Brugha Street is a great sports bar,loads of screens.

#26 HIGHTOWER 1314

HIGHTOWER 1314
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

How close are they pubs to merrion square as we are staying at a hotel up that way.

ALBA GU BRATH

#27 Jimbo

Jimbo
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

F*kin google it ya lazy sod

#28 HIGHTOWER 1314

HIGHTOWER 1314
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

:-))  :-))

ALBA GU BRATH

#29 S18LAF

S18LAF
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

Was in Ireland few weeks ago for wedding and we went into Dublin for a day, cant really remember pub or street names but was around a 5-10 min walk from O'Connell Street and prices varied from €3.75 to €5.00 which was decent, will probs head back in and around this area if I can retrace my steps when we go back depending if hotel is in the centre!

#30 wheres the pies

wheres the pies
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

F*kin google it ya lazy sod

who needs google when you have the tamb lol