Photo

The Rangers Circus Continues

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#316 phart

phart
  • 19,762 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

But that's not what they've said is it? As of now they've said the club made loans to the players and staff, which will be taxable as income unless repaid.

In some ways I would like hmrc to lose their argument that the payments were compensation, just to see the tax bailiffs show up at Bazza and Murray's door, as well as 50 others.

The judge rules it wasn't earnings so that won't happen. The person i know who works in EBT says that instead since it was ruled as non-earnings, they have to pay inheritance tax on it, plus a lump sum as well if it it's not been paid back within 10 years, However HMRC already has one succesful appeal in the court of sessions for a similiar incident with aberdeen asset management or something.

I do not see in religion the mystery of the incarnation so much as the mystery of the social order. It introduces into the thought of heaven an idea of equalization, which saves the rich from being massacred by the poor.

#317 johnnie x

johnnie x
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

£4m desperate plea share offer out. 

Needed for working capital and to pay the loans they took out last year.

Need to raise between £20m and £30m over the next three years

£4.5m in the bank at june of which £2.72m isnt theirs.

Extra money required later this year

Not underwritten

Ouch

Regan, Ogilve, Doncaster, Longmuir and Ballantyne, a quintent quartet trio of tossers - who are somehow still in a job

#318 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

Pleasing!

Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP

#319 Fairbairn

Fairbairn
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

Pleasing!

Puzzling why you would want to see a new club in financial difficulty..

Stop stop talking about who's to blame when all that counts is how to change.

#320 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

Puzzling why you would want to see a new club in financial difficulty..

New club, same fans.  All that 'Britishness'. *shudder*

Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP

#321 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,959 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

New club, same fans.  All that 'Britishness'. *shudder*

:ok:

#322 ShedTA

ShedTA
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

£4m desperate plea share offer out. 

Needed for working capital and to pay the loans they took out last year.

Need to raise between £20m and £30m over the next three years

£4.5m in the bank at june of which £2.72m isnt theirs.

Extra money required later this year

Not underwritten

Ouch

So £2m of their own money in the bank at June, we have had two payrolls since then - how much does that leave them now? i think that share money is needed badly.

#323 EddardStark

EddardStark
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

Surely all football fans will get behind Rangers fans groups in their current battle with the board. The need for cash can be directly related to the refusal of fans to buy ST's. Big couple of months coming up.

#324 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

Surely all football fans will get behind Rangers fans groups in their current battle with the board. The need for cash can be directly related to the refusal of fans to buy ST's. Big couple of months coming up.

I would 99% back a fans takeover bid, I'd back fans takeovers of any club.  I'd 100% back a Celtic fans takeover bid of Rangers though.

Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP

#325 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,959 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Given you already let your club die, i doubt anything will be different this time. 

#326 EddardStark

EddardStark
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

Given you already let your club die, i doubt anything will be different this time.

given that you are totally clueless about how Rangers fans could have saved the company then you can forgive me discounting your opinion.

#327 Larky Masher

Larky Masher
  • 7,779 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

Given you already let your club die,  

How exactly?

Zombie company: A company that is kept alive by lenient creditors and low interest rates even though it is too weak to invest or

expand e.g. Aberdeen F.C. "Available from lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=zombie company" [3-November-2013]

#328 ShedTA

ShedTA
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

I would completely back the fans to try and sort their club out but ironically the current board are the best hope of keeping the club alive now. The real damage was done by previous parties, charlie green etc who was hailed as a saviour at the time (aggressively attacking anyone who dared to suggest he wasnt the real deal and playing to the gers fans need for revenge) and by the idiots running the club, buying top level players to win the 4th and 3rd divisions and once again spending money they didnt have.

Without that I think Wallace would probably have been able to make a go of this.

The fans should have accepted that the old club had gone and started afresh with backing for a brand new club without the need for a charlie green character. But their desperation to cling onto past glories has lead to the current situation. They were suckered into backing spivs and leeches who have and are bleeding the club dry.

#329 Maq

Maq
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

How exactly?

Through liquidation
Wise men come from the East - cowboys come from the West

#330 Larky Masher

Larky Masher
  • 7,779 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

I would completely back the fans to try and sort their club out but ironically the current board are the best hope of keeping the club alive now. The real damage was done by previous parties, charlie green etc who was hailed as a saviour at the time (aggressively attacking anyone who dared to suggest he wasnt the real deal and playing to the gers fans need for revenge) and by the idiots running the club, buying top level players to win the 4th and 3rd divisions and once again spending money they didnt have.

Without that I think Wallace would probably have been able to make a go of this.

The fans should have accepted that the old club had gone and started afresh with backing for a brand new club without the need for a charlie green character. But their desperation to cling onto past glories has lead to the current situation. They were suckered into backing spivs and leeches who have and are bleeding the club dry.

Whilst I'd contest the sweeping generalisation of  "But their desperation to cling onto past glories has lead to the current situation" I'd agree with the rest of that.

Zombie company: A company that is kept alive by lenient creditors and low interest rates even though it is too weak to invest or

expand e.g. Aberdeen F.C. "Available from lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=zombie company" [3-November-2013]