Photo

Commentators And Pundits

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#31 Toepoke

Toepoke
  • 12,798 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

Don't mind Robbie Savage, comes across as more of a punter...

#32 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,335 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

Don't mind Robbie Savage, comes across as more of a punter...

Agreed, and he's a bit daft too which is funny.
Signatures are gay

#33 Lone Caledonian

Lone Caledonian
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

Savage is fine - says it as he sees it. Liked him arguing with Henry that French player should have been sent off (correct) and Henry's bias saying he shouldn't.

Strachan of course is always great to listen to and Shearer gets it spot on a lot of the time as well. Ian Wright though is the biggest fud since the year dot.

#34 sbcmfc

sbcmfc
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

While cannavaro is a World Cup winner, and I don't doubt his knowledge of the game, I'm not sure his English is of a high enough standard to be a pundit on British tv.
I want to do a poo at Paul's!!

#35 EvilScotsman

EvilScotsman
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

While cannavaro is a World Cup winner, and I don't doubt his knowledge of the game, I'm not sure his English is of a high enough standard to be a pundit on British tv.

Aye. I think he's just a bit nervous about speaking in his 2nd or 3rd language with the cameras there, as he sounds quite fluent then seems to forget the word he's looking for. Hope his confidence increases as the tournament goes on.

I'm the googlebot, only guests see me.
Register to remove me.

#36 Toepoke

Toepoke
  • 12,798 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

I wouldn't want to be the person who told him that though!

#37 neilser

neilser
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Robbie Savage, Andy Gray and Alan Green are a trio of wänks. All three have referred to England as "we" and "us" during games.

Tony Pulis was at it on 5Live last night too... 

Administrators Duff and Phelps then negotiated a sale of assets to a consortium led by Charles Green for £5.5m.
He has since formed a new club, now playing in the Scottish Football League Third Division.

#38 wheres the pies

wheres the pies
  • 743 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Robbie savage :rollsmile:

#39 nek

nek
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

leonardo was good in previous tournaments, pity couldnt have got him again, suppose he will be in demand being in Brazil

i have no doubt cannavaro would offer some excellent insight if he could express himself a bit better, as it is, its all a bit pigeon.  better than i could do in italian mind u!

how do you know which cows on holiday? the one with the wee calf

#40 johnnie x

johnnie x
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

Tony Pulis was at it on 5Live last night too... 

You learn something useless everyday. I always assumed he was English.

More of a soothsayer than a pundit but the google doodle is good today.

Regan, Ogilve, Doncaster, Longmuir and Ballantyne, a quintent quartet trio of tossers - who are somehow still in a job

#41 sbcmfc

sbcmfc
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Aye. I think he's just a bit nervous about speaking in his 2nd or 3rd language with the cameras there, as he sounds quite fluent then seems to forget the word he's looking for. Hope his confidence increases as the tournament goes on.

Aye, his English isn't terrible, but he probably can't fully articulate the point he'd like to make due to his limitations, whereas some of the others don't have anything particularly interesting to say in the 1st place.

Neil Lennon, despite physically looking uncomfortable in front of the camera speaks reasonably well.
I want to do a poo at Paul's!!

#42 daddybuc16

daddybuc16
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

If he was playing. How many goals would andy townsend have scored in the opening week? Every time someone misses, he comments on it in a "i would have scored that voice"

#43 irnbruman

irnbruman
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Id rather listen to Phil Neville than Andy Townsend.

#44 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Strachan is brilliant to listen to. Very intelligent and you can see why he's been able to turn us around.

PASTA (Preston and Surroundings Tartan Army)
www.yesscotland.net

#45 Flure

Flure
  • 24,362 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

You learn something useless everyday. I always assumed he was English.

More of a soothsayer than a pundit but the google doodle is good today.

Isn't he?

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com