Photo

Sports Options

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DoonTheSlope

DoonTheSlope
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Had a look earlier and they said they will have details on all the qualifiers soon. It could come in very handy for Georgia depending on the prices

Edited by DoonTheSlope, 01 March 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#2 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Had a look earlier and they said they will have details on all the qualifiers soon. It could come in very handy for Georgia depending on the prices

i would consider one for Germany with it being a late Sunday KO.

SCOTTISH CUFF LINKS AVAILABLE AT THE LITTLE SILVER FINGERS WEBSITE OR AT

https://www.etsy.com...leSilverFingers  :ok:

#3 kayjay

kayjay
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

If they get organised and come up with trip details in plenty of time they should fill a few planes for each trip like Passport used to do. If they leave it to the last minute they will pick up late bookers and day trippers.

#4 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

If they charter a flight to Georgia, surely they could offer a package before schedule flights are released.
Hope they offer a 2 or 3 night package

#5 tartanpar

tartanpar
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

I am going to guess a charter to Georgia will be at least £700.

It was the same again in 2013 but hopefully the Black can get a bit closer in 2014!

#6 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Did I read on here its about £60,000 to charter a flight.

Works out about £300pp on a 200 seater.  :blink:

#7 Robroysboy

Robroysboy
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Did I read on here its about £60,000 to charter a flight.

Works out about £300pp on a 200 seater.  :blink:

I understand that it not only depends on how far you travel but the parking fees for the aeroplane at the destination airport. If a plane has to sit about for three days waiting for the return journey the price can become too expensive for a charter.
Think that's why an in and out trip like the one on offer to Poland may be the way forward,but I reckon no one would want to travel all the way out to Georgia for a day trip.

https://www.youtube....h?v=0PcpeiJsADM

Alba GU Brath, vote YES.

#8 Mark frae Crieff

Mark frae Crieff
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

I understand that it not only depends on how far you travel but the parking fees for the aeroplane at the destination airport. If a plane has to sit about for three days waiting for the return journey the price can become too expensive for a charter.
Think that's why an in and out trip like the one on offer to Poland may be the way forward,but I reckon no one would want to travel all the way out to Georgia for a day trip.

The charter company would look to have the plane working... Think more like a City link bus wi wings. Drop off and pick up 3 days later. 

i believe only Smarties have the answer..............

#9 Robroysboy

Robroysboy
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

The charter company would look to have the plane working... Think more like a City link bus wi wings. Drop off and pick up 3 days later.

That was my thinking but when we went to ukraine with passport in 2006, the plane stayed at the airport.

The reason i know this was that we went out drinking with the cabin crew.

https://www.youtube....h?v=0PcpeiJsADM

Alba GU Brath, vote YES.

#10 ST#7

ST#7
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

Would be interested in using Sports Options for the Georgia trip were it available.
She comes from Elderslie, Just outside Paisley, She reads the Scottish news on STV and Jackie Bird was jealous when Shereen pulled on the stripes .

#11 ST#7

ST#7
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

If they charter a flight to Georgia, surely they could offer a package before schedule flights are released.
Hope they offer a 2 or 3 night package

Good point. We all tend to plan out the booking of trips and await flights etc becoming available. If they could be in ahead of this it would make everything so much easier.
She comes from Elderslie, Just outside Paisley, She reads the Scottish news on STV and Jackie Bird was jealous when Shereen pulled on the stripes .

#12 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

Would be interested in using Sports Options for the Georgia trip were it available.

I got an email from them saying they would be announcing details of trips next week.

#13 heid

heid
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Notice they cant get a plane for Georgia, well done WESTA for sourcing one :ok: