Photo

Brazil V Holland

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 Scotty CTA

Scotty CTA
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Guess it would be nice to finish third...

There are sports in the Olympics where the fourth place team has to watch the third place team collect their Bronze medals.

I believe that third is worth fighting for.

:lol: I know you're a fantasist Scotty, but come on...

Denmark ( a nation of 5 million) didn't even qualify for Euro 1992, yet they beat Germany in the final.

Anything can happen.

Never say never.

ATHEIST MATHS... no one x nothing = everything CHRISTIAN MATHS... faith + nothing = Salvation
JOHN 3:16 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved! EPH 5:11 9/11 was an inside job!

#47 Scotty CTA

Scotty CTA
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

Aye, let's fix the important stuff :rolleyes:

Lets fix everything. :)

my faither bangs on about this all the time.

Sounds like he knows his stuff.  :ok:

ATHEIST MATHS... no one x nothing = everything CHRISTIAN MATHS... faith + nothing = Salvation
JOHN 3:16 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved! EPH 5:11 9/11 was an inside job!

#48 mcsheep

mcsheep
  • 220 posts

Time to can the charade that is the 3rd/4th place playoff?

With a few quid on RVP and 3-0, I respectfully disagree!
Makes up for Muller 3-0 in the last Brazil game.

#49 Scotty CTA

Scotty CTA
  • 7,967 posts

Enjoy your waxing.

#50 Scotty CTA

Scotty CTA
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Oh, look… medals.

#51 DaveyDenoon

DaveyDenoon
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

There are sports in the Olympics where the fourth place team has to watch the third place team collect their Bronze medals.

I believe that third is worth fighting for.

I don't believe football should be an Olympic sport. Let's leave the third place honours for the sports that belong in the Olympics.

I think both teams would've preferred to go home on Wednesday/Thursday and leave the stage set for the finalists instead of hanging about for a match that means little more than a friendly.

Just my view of course, although i do agree if the match really does have to be played you're as well to win it I suppose.

Edited by DaveyDenoon, 12 July 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#52 redstevie007

redstevie007
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

Lets fix everything. :)

:ok: Absolutely, starting with the cheats like Suarez and Robben.
'The future of a country is safe in the hands of those to whom her past is dear' - William Ralf Inge
Sola Virtus Nobilitat

#53 DaveyDenoon

DaveyDenoon
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

With a few quid on RVP and 3-0, I respectfully disagree!
Makes up for Muller 3-0 in the last Brazil game.

In some cases it's well worth it then! I'll give you that :) enjoy....

#54 DaveyDenoon

DaveyDenoon
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Oh, look medals.

Oh, look... Adverts!

Not like itv to miss stuff eh

Edited by DaveyDenoon, 12 July 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#55 Scotty CTA

Scotty CTA
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

I don't believe football should be an Olympic sport. Let's leave the third place honours for the sports that belong in the Olympics.

The point being that one team would get an award and the other wouldn't.

The fourth place team would have to watch the third place team collect their medals.

I didn't realise that the third place finishers would get medals right after the game today until I just saw it on the TV (so it's even better).

Oh, look... Adverts!

Not like itv to miss stuff eh

I'm watching CBC.

#56 Scotty CTA

Scotty CTA
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

And the team that conceded the most goals this World Cup… Brazil.  :wave:

#57 DaveyDenoon

DaveyDenoon
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

And the team that conceded the most goals this World Cup Brazil.  :wave:

Apparently only Saudi Arabia and North Korea have conceded 12 or more since the tournament expanded to 32. And now Brazil! That's bonkers.

#58 Scotty CTA

Scotty CTA
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

Yes.

Belgium had 15 past them in 1986. (24 teams.)

#59 Maq

Maq
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Don't understand the moaning about the 3rd place play off game - I love the World Cup, and it's another game of fitba to watch.
There's been a couple cracking games over the years.
And for losing semi finalists it offers a chance of redemption - not 'we lost at the semi final stages', but 'we finished 3rd at the World Cup'!
Wise men come from the East - cowboys come from the West