Photo

Warsaw Accommodation

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 BettyPars

BettyPars
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

Looking for recommendation for hotel in well-lit 'safe' but busy area for elderly fan travelling on her own. Cost not a factor, Betty

#2 peever1745

peever1745
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

I would suggest the Novotel. It's bang in the middle of town next to taxi rank and tram stop and not far from the stadium.
A difference of opinion does not make one a bigot.

#3 BettyPars

BettyPars
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for that. This is my first message board reply so hope I can find my way back to the topic later today!! (Honestly have travelled all over the world but can't navigate my PC for toffee.

#4 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

We stayed at the Novotel Centrum. Couldn't fault hotel or location.  :ok:

SCOTTISH CUFF LINKS AVAILABLE AT THE LITTLE SILVER FINGERS WEBSITE OR AT

https://www.etsy.com...leSilverFingers  :ok:

#5 BettyPars

BettyPars
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

Two out of two recommendations AND tea and coffee making facilities I will settle for that thank you

#6 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Two out of two recommendations AND tea and coffee making facilities I will settle for that thank you

You'll need to get a stash of teabags at breakfast. One bag per person per day.  :-))

Free wi-fi.  :ok:

#7 Martin63

Martin63
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

Stayed opposite the Novotel at the Metropole. Excellent breakfast - paid just under 50 quid a night. Very good value. 5 minutes walk from Central Station and Bus 175 outside goes straight to Chopin Airport - about 35 minutes journey

http://www.hotelmetr...default-en.html

#8 BettyPars

BettyPars
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

Thank you one and all. Have booked flights and hotel. See you at the game - not hard to miss me grey-haired, glasses, 5'1'', 69, lucky red jacket, Betty

#9 Eastiebeastie

Eastiebeastie
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Novotel was excellent and booked again for October.

Great location. The Nowogrodzka is around the corner. Plenty bars and restaurants including Kufle I Kapisle, a smashing Polish micro brewery.

The hotel is across the road from the Palace of Culture for some sightseeing. Very easy to get to and from the stadium.

What you looking at ?

#10 popkean1314foreva

popkean1314foreva
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

Whatever you do under no circumstances go into that "club" across the road , even by accident  or to retrieve someone`s lost glengarry . I lost 12 hours of my life and most of the content of my bank account and I have no recollection of being there .

Hopefully Interpol , my bank ( useless w@nkers ) and my contact in the british embassy will get it back though !

T.A.S.O.T.Y. 2012
I thought I was close but under further inspection it seems i`ve been running in the wrong direction

#11 PETERINNES

PETERINNES
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Whatever you do under no circumstances go into that "club" across the road , even by accident  or to retrieve someone`s lost glengarry . I lost 12 hours of my life and most of the content of my bank account and I have no recollection of being there .

Hopefully Interpol , my bank ( useless w@nkers ) and my contact in the british embassy will get it back though !

aye rite school boy error dinnae drop yer guard was it a case off kilt pulled doon c,mon take it on the chin you,ll no be the first yin lol .....

#12 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

I take it you mean the Sin Club ?  :D

#13 tattiescone69

tattiescone69
  • 288 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

Stayed opposite the Novotel at the Metropole. Excellent breakfast - paid just under 50 quid a night. Very good value. 5 minutes walk from Central Station and Bus 175 outside goes straight to Chopin Airport - about 35 minutes journey

http://www.hotelmetr...default-en.html

No free WIFI though , 20zl and had to keep typing the password in every time you came back :wtf:

#14 Martin63

Martin63
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

No free WIFI though , 20zl and had to keep typing the password in every time you came back :wtf:

That's true

#15 Angus_Young

Angus_Young
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:03 AM

Royal residence apartments we stayed in. Would highly recommend them. Very nice and worked out very cheap