Photo

Cheap Flights Still Available

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 CraigTay1969

CraigTay1969
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Booked the Modlin bus from airport to centre . think it worked out about £5 - £6 return.

#17 shimmy63

shimmy63
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Me and missus on east mids flight also with 2 others , we booked taxi last time at friendly and it cost 110zlotty £22 ! In warsaw you are getting 5+ zlotty to the pound far better than here

#18 DoubleSC

DoubleSC
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Many thanks. 

If we can make up numbers then a taxi looks good, otherwise the bus or train is favourite.

#19 DoubleSC

DoubleSC
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Hi Wanderer,

The Modlin airport site claims up to 42 trains per day in to Warsaw to choose from. You get a bus from the airport to the train, then to Warsaw.  Maybe a recent thing.

#20 DoubleSC

DoubleSC
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi Wanderer,

Not sure if I've double posted due to being new to the site, but the Modlin Airport website claims up to 42 trains per day to Warsaw with a bus taking you from the airport to the train station.

Maybe something recently started.

Seems I have double posted - Need to read the instructions.

Edited by DoubleSC, 17 August 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#21 malky24

malky24
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

Hi Wanderer,

Not sure if I've double posted due to being new to the site, but the Modlin Airport website claims up to 42 trains per day to Warsaw with a bus taking you from the airport to the train station.

Maybe something recently started.

Seems I have double posted - Need to read the instructions.

Best of luck with the train. The bus to the station leaves you there and the trains arrn't that regular. Best bet is taxi, settle the price before you agree to get in it. Try and get 4. But the bus is ok. You might have to wait a bit, but cheapest option by far. The taxi drivers are pretty fair. In March ours even gave us a quick tour before dropping us at the hotel, no extra charge. Even arranged a time to pick us up at the hotel and take us back to the airport. About 35 Euros each way. I would stay away from the rail option.

#22 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

Hi Wanderer,

The Modlin airport site claims up to 42 trains per day in to Warsaw to choose from. You get a bus from the airport to the train, then to Warsaw.  Maybe a recent thing.

Ahhhhh I see.

I would not really classify that as a airport train, as probably once you take the time and hassle of getting from airport to bus, bus to train station, train station to train and then to Warsaw, you are probably saving nothing time wise, when the airport bus as good as drops you off at the same location as the trains do in the heart of Warsaw. 

If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#23 deecie

deecie
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

DO NOT GET THE MODLIN TRAIN.

I CANNOT EMPHASISE THIS ENOUGH.

IF YOU WISH TO USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT USE THE DIRECT BUS.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#24 DoubleSC

DoubleSC
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

DO NOT GET THE MODLIN TRAIN.

I CANNOT EMPHASISE THIS ENOUGH.

IF YOU WISH TO USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT USE THE DIRECT BUS.

Ahhhhh I see.

I would not really classify that as a airport train, as probably once you take the time and hassle of getting from airport to bus, bus to train station, train station to train and then to Warsaw, you are probably saving nothing time wise, when the airport bus as good as drops you off at the same location as the trains do in the heart of Warsaw. 

Thanks for that folks,

If we can get 4, then a taxi looks favouite.  If only the 2 of us, the the bus will do.

Cheers,

ps - I tried to reply earlier using my moblie twice, but it did not post after I pressed post. Hope you don't get anothe two replies! 

#25 Modlin Lotnisko

Modlin Lotnisko
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

Hi,

I would like to confirm, that my company provide transfers from Modlin Airport to Warsaw.

We offer good comfort for reasonable price - transfer for 1-4 people cost only €35/£30.

It would be an honour for us to realise transfer for Scotland fotball team supporters.

Our drivers will give some advice about Warsaw attractions, nightlife and how to spend good time in Warsaw.

We also prepared Warsaw city guide brochures and small football gifts for You. Just write "Tartan Army" on booking form.

Please let me know if You have any questions about our services.

Marcin

www.ModlinTransport.pl

#26 PETERINNES

PETERINNES
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Hi,

I would like to confirm, that my company provide transfers from Modlin Airport to Warsaw.

We offer good comfort for reasonable price - transfer for 1-4 people cost only €35/£30.

It would be an honour for us to realise transfer for Scotland fotball team supporters.

Our drivers will give some advice about Warsaw attractions, nightlife and how to spend good time in Warsaw.

We also prepared Warsaw city guide brochures and small football gifts for You. Just write "Tartan Army" on booking form.

Please let me know if You have any questions about our services.

Marcin

www.ModlinTransport.pl

i used this company last time superb transfer by them so if you are needing to get from airport to city ,hotel or the ground these guys will sort you out 

#27 colin standrews

colin standrews
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

We are on those flights as well. How are you getting to city centre from Modlin Colin??

There are 4 of us so I figured a Taxi would not be too pricey. Welcome to join us if they have any mini buses.

We'll do it the right way.....the Scottish way!!!!!!!!!!

#28 ankles

ankles
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

i used this company last time superb transfer by them so if you are needing to get from airport to city ,hotel or the ground these guys will sort you out 

Booked return transfers for 8 of us with them, worked out £5 a head each way. .Bargain!!

Edited by ankles, 25 August 2014 - 06:23 PM.