3 Points ?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Donaldo87

Donaldo87
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

:blink: http://taboard.com/f...howtopic=151155

Aye but it is nice to hear from your own association now and again regarding such trivial matters...

#17 runningtings

runningtings
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

I've got 1 and I am expecting a ticket.

TAMB Best Looking Glaswegian 2009

#18 Langtonian

Langtonian
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

I do not think this game will be as popular this time around.

Friendly at least had a air of charm about it as was first time we had visited Warsaw for a game in a long time and flights were mega cheap.

This time around there is not much in the way of mega cheap flights to Poland, and know a number of people not going as its just to close after the friendly, so charm is kind of lost over the visit.

Think this will go right down to 2, maybe 1 point, at the most.

I disagree,I think this will be as popular as the the friendly
there were thousands that didn't go last time that will go this time.i know number of people who are not going to Dortmund but going to warsaw instead

#19 Squirrelhumper

Squirrelhumper
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

5 of us going who never went to friendly.

#20 Langtonian

Langtonian
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

ditto,4 of us going that never went the last time

#21 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

I disagree,I think this will be as popular as the the friendly
there were thousands that didn't go last time that will go this time.i know number of people who are not going to Dortmund but going to warsaw instead

I think numbers will be slightly higher, but will be people who didn't go replacing those who did, rather than a whole load of new people being added on.

Know a fair amount of people not going, and being honest, I am not all that frilled about going back to Warsaw so soon. My Mrs is not to pleased about me visiting same place just 6/7 months apart, but as I am only in Warsaw just over 24 hour, as visiting Krakow.

If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#22 1ANDYP

1ANDYP
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

I was at the last game and going to this game, what difference does it make to your wife where the game is.

#23 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

Nothing as I am still going  :D but as I said, I am not entirely excited at the prospect of going to Warsaw again (nice place, but was done to death at the friendly and being honest I would much rather be going somewhere new).

As I said, know a number of folk not going for a similar reason.

Edited by wanderer, 13 August 2014 - 08:49 AM.

If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#24 daslondon

daslondon
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Some sad analysis here but if as your "normal" you take it that 100% of 10 pointers go, 90% of 9 pointers etc then if we get 2940 tickets there will be sufficient to cover all the way down to those on 2 points with a ballot on 1 point (without adjusting for revsied points ladder post Germany game).

If you view it as a glamour game and think more people than usual might try and attend -  albeit its a midweek game so needing 2 days off work  and we were there relatively recently -  then we only need c.3% more than "normal" of those on 3 points and above to want to go to make it a ballot on 2 points. For it to be a ballot on 3 points then you need c.29 % more than "normal" of those on 4 points and above wanting to go. 

For comparison, Germany take up was c. 158% of "nomal" for those on 3 points and 157% of normal for those on 2 points and above. This was the tie of the draw though, we havent been there for ages and you only need to take the Monday off work.  

Dave

#25 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

Nothing as I am still going  :D but as I said, I am not entirely excited at the prospect of going to Warsaw again (nice place, but was done to death at the friendly and being honest I would much rather be going somewhere new).

As I said, know a number of folk not going for a similar reason.

I was more than pleased we got Warsaw again. Loved it & another trip to the Copernicus Centre with my son.  :ok:

SCOTTISH CUFF LINKS AVAILABLE AT THE LITTLE SILVER FINGERS WEBSITE OR AT

https://www.etsy.com...leSilverFingers  :ok:

#26 wheres the pies

wheres the pies
  • 743 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

So you think some one on 2 points will get a away end ticket ?Looking at flights right now from Bristol only £55 return out Sunday back on the Thursday

#27 TartanDoz

TartanDoz
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Hoping 3 points will be enough. Since the Wales game will have dropped off which had an allocation of 5000+, will that not help the current 3 pointers?

#28 irnbruman

irnbruman
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:25 AM

I think this game will be popular with the home crowd considering there was approx. 41,000 for the friendly.  Had a great time in Warsaw - this time I'm flying to Krakow so might spend a night or two there first and flying back from Warsaw.

#29 deecie

deecie
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

I've had a simulation running overnight and it says that twice as many Scotland fans will go to this one than went in March.

So if you're on less than 6 points, you should consider short term panic.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#30 Bristolhibby

Bristolhibby
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Didn't go last time as I had a family holiday not long after the game.

Booked up for October. Never been to Poland so looking forward to it.

A wee stop off in Berlin the day after.

Should be great!

J