Looking Forward To Our First Game Against Gibraltar

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Larky Masher

Larky Masher
  • 7,779 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

I think this will be my away trip of the campaign, golf and football excellent

Zombie company: A company that is kept alive by lenient creditors and low interest rates even though it is too weak to invest or

expand e.g. Aberdeen F.C. "Available from lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=zombie company" [3-November-2013]

#17 Flure

Flure
  • 24,362 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

I think this will be my away trip of the campaign, golf and football excellent

How comes this?

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com

#18 scotswarrior31

scotswarrior31
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

My boss was there last week and some of the locals seem to think that the game will be playing on the rock! Apparently they are currently building a stadium which should be ready for next year! 

Edit: Just had a wee google and everything I can find about new stadium says it should be completed by 2016.....not sure why they thought that! 

Edited by scotswarrior31, 07 March 2014 - 10:15 AM.

#19 washboarder

washboarder
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

apart hotel monica Isabel 9th to 16 all inclusive albuferria  now up to 208 pp  le ss than 30 quid a day,

#20 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

My boss was there last week and some of the locals seem to think that the game will be playing on the rock! Apparently they are currently building a stadium which should be ready for next year! 

Edit: Just had a wee google and everything I can find about new stadium says it should be completed by 2016.....not sure why they thought that! 

For the sake of argument, let's say this stadium was ready in time. What's the capacity? 

Whisky, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray, Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae, O whisky, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

#21 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

For the sake of argument, let's say this stadium was ready in time. What's the capacity? 

Isn't it something like 8k to meet some FIFA minimum requirement?
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#22 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Sounds about right, anything bigger would be a monumental white elephant. Better hope it's not ready, it'll be an 8 pointer minimum. 

Whisky, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray, Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae, O whisky, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

#23 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

Sounds about right, anything bigger would be a monumental white elephant. Better hope it's not ready, it'll be an 8 pointer minimum. 

Details of it are here,

http://soccer.si.com...r-uefa-stadium/

Looks not half bad, but sticks out like a sore thumb  :-))

If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#24 Sanquharman

Sanquharman
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

I'm going to Praia de Rocha in September, and will be making enquiries about transport to and from the game for next year.

NO TEAM GB

#25 Bristolhibby

Bristolhibby
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

F that S. I'm (and many non 8 pointers) are happy with the Algarve.

J

#26 Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

Gala Tartan Army (Borders)
  • 466 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Looking to book flights and hotel . Just need you guys to put me in the picture exactly where the ground is and who normally plays there , so we can get a local hotel .  Cheers

#27 hannibal smith

hannibal smith
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

the ground in the Algarve, the Algarve Stadium is between Faro and Loule and is the home of Farense

Running a Loch Ness Marathon for the Sunshine Appeal  https://mydonate.bt..../alasdairsmith1

www.faircitytartanarmy.com

#28 Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

Gala Tartan Army (Borders)
  • 466 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Cheers Hannibal what is the best place to base ourselves Faro or Loule . Don't know the area  .

#29 hannibal smith

hannibal smith
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

If you are going for a week I would go Lagos, albufeira, alvor or one of the resorts, there is not too much around the faro/loule area.

I would imagine most of the TA will be in albufeira, that's where I am going anyway. There will be buses a plenty running from most resorts I would imagine

Running a Loch Ness Marathon for the Sunshine Appeal  https://mydonate.bt..../alasdairsmith1

www.faircitytartanarmy.com