You are viewing the Archive Board. To visit the new board CLICK HERE

Photo

George Burley Poll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
201 replies to this topic

Poll: George Burley Poll (622 member(s) have cast votes)

Should George Burely continue as manager?

1. Yes (320 votes [51.45%])

Percentage of vote: 51.45%

2. No (217 votes [34.89%])

Percentage of vote: 34.89%

3. Undecided (85 votes [13.67%])

Percentage of vote: 13.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

One bad result, im not even going further than that, you think we have had one bad result :rolleyes:

I aso cant help but think you love because your a jambo, Neilsen, Pressley etc, any negative comments heres Reeky to defend them.

Well that's your credibility just disappeared down the plug hole, although it took you longer than I expected with the Jambo accusation :worried:

Either argue your point based on facts or dont bother.

We have had ONE bad result (Macedonia). We got a decent result and performance against Croatia, we had a B team out against the Czechs away from home, Northern Ireland was disappointing, we won in Iceland and drew at home with Norway. One result could maybe be described as "disasterous" - Macedonia - two "disappointing" - Norway/ Northern Ireland and the other three would have been no different under McLeish/Smith. Certainly not a "series of disasterous results" as you claim.

I'm still waiting for you to back up your claims of a series of appalling decisions and subbies?

Edited by ReekySporran, 12 October 2008 - 04:23 PM.

Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#17 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

They also displayed some brilliant tactics.

Which game did Smith display brilliant tactics?

There's also no way he'll be sacked anyway. Burley is to Gordon Smith what Vogts was to David Taylor, and Smith knows that his reputation is on the line as well.

Not even a similar scenario. Vogts had to rebuild from scratch as Brown's team was dead on it's feet.

Burley has to guide a team that he inheritied that was doing well along the right path.

#18 buckfast warrior

buckfast warrior
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

3 games in get a grip

nae hutton ferguson or miller
The Warrior is back

#19 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,271 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, Ive mentioned the jambo stuff before, havent I :rolleyes: Question, will Burley get us there, yes or no?

I dont mind friendly games

Tactics
Macedonia - awful
Iceland - fluked a win, then could easily have beaten us
Norway - awful

Results
Macedonia - awful, weakest team in the group
Iceland - good
Norway - awful, drawing with your opponents for second place at home

Subbies
Macedonia - awful, Commons put on ahead of Maloney or Boyd when we need a goal
Iceland - no complaints
Norway - awful

3 games, 4 points, not good enough

Let 2014 be the start of a better Scotland.

#20 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

Yeah, Ive mentioned the jambo stuff before, havent I :rolleyes: Question, will Burley get us there, yes or no?

I dont mind friendly games

Tactics
Macedonia - awful
Iceland - fluked a win, then could easily have beaten us
Norway - awful

Results
Macedonia - awful, weakest team in the group
Iceland - good
Norway - awful, drawing with your opponents for second place at home

Subbies
Macedonia - awful, Commons put on ahead of Maloney or Boyd when we need a goal
Iceland - no complaints
Norway - awful

3 games, 4 points, not good enough

Well thanks for that "evidence" :worried: and yes, we will finish second.
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#21 WeeBarrysGotAnMBE

WeeBarrysGotAnMBE
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

Which game did Smith display brilliant tactics?

From what I can remember, away to Norway, Slovenia and Lithuania and at home to France, his tactics were spot-on.

#22 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,271 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

Sorry for disagreeing with you oh mighty reeky :rolleyes:

Cant believe you think he is doing a good job, also, you didnt answer the question.

#23 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

Cant believe you think he is doing a good job, also, you didnt answer the question.

FFS you're acting like a juvenile :worried:

#24 Antonine's Wall

Antonine's Wall
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

Who do you suggest replace him, I certainly can't think of anyone that actually wants the job. The last two incumbents jumped ship for club foootball rather sharpish!!!

#25 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,271 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

You are, as always acting like yourself, a petulant bairn who who goes in the huff in anyone disagrees. Nice of you to start name calling. :rolleyes:

Is Burley doing a good job, yes or no? I think not, hence the poll.

You can agree or not, but stop acting like an idiot and save your crap for someone who gives a shyt about what you think.

#26 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:44 PM

Well thanks for that "evidence" :rolleyes: and yes, we will finish second.

But will we gain enough points to get a play-off place?

From what I can remember, away to Norway, Slovenia and Lithuania and at home to France, his tactics were spot-on.

Norway away worked, but the role he played McFadden in was lucky not to see us down to 10 men.

Slovenia away was a pointless game really, he had blown it big style tactically against Belarus at Hampden, leaving us with that dead rubber.

Lithuania away, his tactics were all wrong until injuries in the first half forced him to change things.

France at home he got lucky. The way he had the team set out was if he had no intention of trying to win the game.

#27 Mod19

Mod19
  • Moderators
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:45 PM

FFS you're acting like a juvenile :worried:

You are, as always acting like yourself, a petulant bairn who who goes in the huff in anyone disagrees. Nice of you to start name calling. :worried:

Is Burley doing a good job, yes or no? I think not, hence the poll.

You can agree or not, but stop acting like an idiot and save your crap for someone who gives a shyt about what you think.

Both of you - behave. Keep it on topic and not personal, please!
If you think a post breaks the rules - report it.
Don't reply to it. It only makes it worse.

#28 Only One Stop

Only One Stop
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

Empty him now - before he causes damage on a Berti scale. At least Berti had an excuse as has been said before and gave some of our current players their International chance.

Burley has been given a decent crop of experienced players and is making an er5e of it.

This campaign is over already due to pi55 poor tactics and formations - wrong players in wrong positions.

Footballers are generally stupid - so keep it simple for them. Forget flexible systems - our lot cannot cope with that.

Burley needs to remember this is a bunch of scottish footballers not AC Milan of the Baresi era.

442 at home in games we need to win - wingers play on the side they kick the ball with, take a man on outside and hit the byeline. Its a simple game really.

No problem with 451 away from home if we are looking to pick up a point or steal a scabby away win.

#29 gkm_vancouver

gkm_vancouver
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

Well thanks for that "evidence" :rolleyes: and yes, we will finish second.

Bid ask there. Remember GB said 17 pts will get us qualified. That now means 4 wins and a draw from our last 5 games including 2 games against Holland and Norway away. Do you think that is likely with our current performances?
Mony a mickle maks a muckle

#30 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

Bid ask there. Remember GB said 17 pts will get us qualified. That now means 4 wins and a draw from our last 5 games including 2 games against Holland and Norway away. Do you think that is likely with our current performances?

Yep, even before now, 6pts was the minimum we need from our next two home games. Add that to the 4 we already have and that leaves us needing 7pts out of 9 from the two games with Holland and the game in Oslo.