Photo

Stuart Hogg

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 COLT NY

COLT NY
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

I know what you're saying but it was against France (who'd struggled in the pool stages) not NZ and Wales were the stronger team.

:-)) Oh yeah, forgot that! ..France were my pregame favourites for that one anyway!

Aye

#17 Rossy

Rossy
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

The difference is that we have a coach who is such a massive bawbag he could almost be Welsh.

The worst 6 Nations ever. I'm billing the SRU for the money I spent watching that f*cking shite.

Please don't argue back about this as I am 100% correct.

#18 COLT NY

COLT NY
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Looking at the incident again, and I still don't think it's a red card. He's turning his back away at the point of contact to try to get out of the collision. 

Also, never seen a ref issue a yellow then change it to a red with one look at the video. If he decided it wasn't a yellow would he have let him back on the pitch?

Aye

#19 Orraloon

Orraloon
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

Definite red card. It was just sheer luck that it didn't result in a serious injury. It's hard to see how you can blame the coaches when players continue to make so many basic stupid decisions.

#20 Duncan Blackheart

Duncan Blackheart
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

He didn't hit him hard enough.
All imbeciles are more or less Thompsons from Sunderland.

#21 giblet

giblet
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

Can't stand the Welsh. A nation who bend their head to the English In All walks of life.

We had a player hit off the ball in the English game. Nothing was done.
    • ​​"On 18th September 2014 between the hours of 7am and 10pm, absolute sovereign power will lie in the hands of the Scottish people."  J Sillars 2014

#22 Chico

Chico
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

Only a couple of angles in a .gif, and noticed two things:

● looked accidental, to the degree that Hogg wasn't trying to shoulder barge the boy in the coupon rather than block him from chasing the kick.

●why did the ref give a yellow card having seen the incident with a completely unobstructed view and then change his mind after seeing a replay? I am assuming the replay he saw is the second angle I saw, where it's just as clear, if not more, that the intent from Hogg wasn't to hit the guy in the face.

#23 COLT NY

COLT NY
  • 761 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

●why did the ref give a yellow card having seen the incident with a completely unobstructed view and then change his mind after seeing a replay? I am assuming the replay he saw is the second angle I saw, where it's just as clear, if not more, that the intent from Hogg wasn't to hit the guy in the face.

Well, the answer to that is that he had one look at it on the big screen while 50,000 Welsh in a closed arena were screaming at it because they were seeing in for the first time.

Hard to think of a more obvious example of being swayed by the home crowd, and it ruined the game as a spectacle completely.

To use video evidence doesn't he have to refer to the TMO for an opinion? Not saying the TMO wouldn't have come to the same conclusion, but the fact is that he'd made his call already and hadn't asked for it (as you say he had a perfect view).

I thought Cian Healy's armless lunge on Picamoles neck was equally bad in the next game, and it would be good to see a compendium of all the cheap shots off the ball that Owen Farrell has made in his short 6 Nations career. I don't necessarily think any of those are bad enough for a red card, but the point is that none of them seem to merit even a yellow... and I'm thinking that those refs could all have seen them on the TV with the fans as well.

Aye