You are viewing the Archive Board. To visit the new board CLICK HERE

Photo

East Coast Main Line Ruined My Life!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 Epsta Stirly

Epsta Stirly
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

Just want to say a BIG thank you to those lovely transport geniuses at East Coast Main Line, who allowed me to sit drinking lager on their 3pm to London train at Waverley on Saturday for a full three hours before kicking me off. It was warm and comfortable, and I suppose, if I had just the most teensy weensy wee complaint, it would be that the train never managed to get anywhere near to King's Cross!!

WHAT A BUNCH OF MUPPETS :angry:

Lost my hotel money, my return flight money and my ticket money, and all these jokers offer is the train fare back again.

Flights for me from now on.
I'll eat a million pies
For one of your shies
Oh S-C-O-T-L-A-N-D!

#2 Ally Bear

Ally Bear
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

Aye it was murder however you should have just done the same as us and a few other TA that were on the train and no move.

The train eventually got through to Newcastle and after another 2-3 hour wait we got a train to Kings Cross & arrived about 2am

Felt as if the whole train was absolutely pished by that point as everyone had drunk there carry oots

Ours were finished at Waverley !

Oh and we will be claiming them for full refunds as well
"A Noble Spirit Embiggens the Smallest Man"

"The Bird is the Word"

"If your so keen on normalizing something, why don't you start with your face?"

#3 simmy100

simmy100
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

My Son nd cousins were on the 11.06 from dundee ,were stuck on a train in newcastle for 3 hrs ,were then told buses were going to take them to York ,waited in a que of around 700 ppl ,so decided to take a taxi to York ,fare was 160 ,eventually got to york nd made the 20.15 to london,arrived at 11pm, were told by eastcoast that anyone delayed an hr or more can claim fares back and any other expences occurred

#4 manewhut

manewhut
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

start filling in your forms ------ download from here........... :angry:
vitalenergytherapies.co.uk
edinburghmathstuition.co.uk
mediatarts.com

#5 GhostZapper

GhostZapper
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

My Son nd cousins were on the 11.06 from dundee ,were stuck on a train in newcastle for 3 hrs ,were then told buses were going to take them to York ,waited in a que of around 700 ppl ,so decided to take a taxi to York ,fare was 160 ,eventually got to york nd made the 20.15 to london,arrived at 11pm, were told by eastcoast that anyone delayed an hr or more can claim fares back and any other expences occurred

not sure a taxi to York will be classed as an acceptable expense however, especially if East Cost were putting on buses

#6 simmy100

simmy100
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

not sure a taxi to York will be classed as an acceptable expense however, especially if East Cost were putting on buses

7 of them shared the taxi nd all have seperate receipts think he said 25 each ,was told by brish rail this will be covered as a reasonable expense, 25 included a tip for the driver lol

Edited by simmy100, 28 March 2011 - 11:50 AM.

#7 Ilhan

Ilhan
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Got the 2pm one from Edinburgh, didn't get yo Newcastle til about 7! A lot of boys contemplated going back up the road but we all ended up staying in Washington, some place haha!
Anyhoo, early rise, back into Newcastle for half 7 for the train down to London, I've had enough of travelling for wee while!
SAOR ALBA

#8 Epsta Stirly

Epsta Stirly
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

Aye it was murder however you should have just done the same as us and a few other TA that were on the train and no move.

The train eventually got through to Newcastle and after another 2-3 hour wait we got a train to Kings Cross & arrived about 2am

Felt as if the whole train was absolutely pished by that point as everyone had drunk there carry oots

Ours were finished at Waverley !

Oh and we will be claiming them for full refunds as well

So the train eventually LEFT Edinburgh?? Now I'm even more annoyed than I was at the time!! :mad:
I'll eat a million pies
For one of your shies
Oh S-C-O-T-L-A-N-D!

#9 Ilhan

Ilhan
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

Form filled in and sent, ah want ma 50 bucks back! :beer2:
SAOR ALBA

#10 almo

almo
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

it would seem that according to this form that they will only refund ticket costs (and even they suggest this will be by East coast train vouchers :shocked: ) surely they must have an obligation to passengers stranded overnight fro york northwards ? similiar to the airlines or are trains excempt from this. I would have thought they should pay after all if you claim via any holiday insurance policy they would just claim from them.

Anyway suggestion for best way to progress (i.e would letter plus documentation be suffice?) or are there other options

#11 pogo

pogo
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

Me and 3 others were on the 1200 from Edinburgh ,stayed the night in Newcastle and we lost our hotel money for the Saturday in London . Phoned east coast yesterday they says if you write in with all your original receipt's and what happened to you ,they will look at each case individuality . Were putting in for our unused match tickets as well :)

#12 Tartan Bairn

Tartan Bairn
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

I got on the east coast train that left at the back of 7 going to newcastle as we thought wed get as far down as possible, as we got towards newcastle they announced the service was extended to kings cross which was a bit of a result.

would imagine it may take a while to get refunded as it wasnt east coasts fault, once east coast look at the claims they will then get passed onto network rail id imagine

#13 almo

almo
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

Me and 3 others were on the 1200 from Edinburgh ,stayed the night in Newcastle and we lost our hotel money for the Saturday in London . Phoned east coast yesterday they says if you write in with all your original receipt's and what happened to you ,they will look at each case individuality . Were putting in for our unused match tickets as well :)

we were exactly the same except left edinburgh 1pm we were probaly all sitting on the same train at one point !!! thanks for info

#14 swarrander

swarrander
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

10am from aberdeen, 2pm in newcastle. i had to organise a mini bus to take me, my 2 friends and 13 randoms who i had never met before to doncaster. should have been in london by 5pm, eventually got there at 11pm and 15 worse off for the mini bus.

#15 OLAS

OLAS
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

Left Glasgow at 13:50 got to Edinburgh and waited 2 hours on the train.

Decided to jump on a Cross Country train to Taunton but that was also subject to Newcastle termination.

Fortunately there were 7 Scotland fans in total on the train and we jumped a taxi.... to London.

70 each. Not too bad.

Individual receipts from Newcastle to York so we'll see how that pans out.

Cheers to the guys in the taxi (and to the top class driver!) - good banter all the way down :ok: