You are viewing the Archive Board. To visit the new board CLICK HERE

Photo

Loss Of Mascot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 HIGHLANDER

HIGHLANDER
  • 644 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

:mad: I had a meerkat mascot dressed in kilt, sporran, belt,plaid,glengarry (with the"30 years" supporters badge on it),Carrying bagpipes and a small pewter mug. It was sitting inside my rucksack at Milan Malpesa airport on the Sunday morning when it was removed by someone. It may have been taken as a prank so if anyone knows of its whereabouts please PM me with details of where it can be delivered/picked up from. I am not interested in who took it, just want it returned.
It is very difficult explaining to a 7 year old that someone(possibly a Scotland supporter) has stolen their mascot.
This mascot cant be displayed by anyone else at games as its attire was unique and all hand made, it also has its own a SSC membership card.

Remember...A YES vote is for Independence,not a vote for Alex Salmond

#2 pammyf

pammyf
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

:shocked: :shocked: hope you get it back George

#3 BaldySporran

BaldySporran
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Sorry to hear of the loss. The meerkat was brilliant. I remember asking you about it in the big tent in Vaduz.

:mad: I had a meerkat mascot dressed in kilt, sporran, belt,plaid,glengarry (with the"30 years" supporters badge on it),Carrying bagpipes and a small pewter mug. It was sitting inside my rucksack at Milan Malpesa airport on the Sunday morning when it was removed by someone. It may have been taken as a prank so if anyone knows of its whereabouts please PM me with details of where it can be delivered/picked up from. I am not interested in who took it, just want it returned.
It is very difficult explaining to a 7 year old that someone(possibly a Scotland supporter) has stolen their mascot.
This mascot cant be displayed by anyone else at games as its attire was unique and all hand made, it also has its own a SSC membership card.

#4 jenblueeyes

jenblueeyes
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

That's really bad news. I've been much more careful with my things since a footsoldier stole my mobile phone on the way into the ground at the Faroe islands and then ran up something like £50 worth of calls on the phone before I could get it cancelled the following morning - and I know I got off lightly compared to some others who have also had their phone stolen at a Scotland game.

Sadly - not everyone in a kilt and a Scotland top is a good guy.

Genuinely the most viewed member profile on the TAMB - 16,500 and rising!

#5 ÈcosseFCUK

ÈcosseFCUK
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

See we are still levelling accusations that someone took your mascot....There were only 8 Scotland Supporters who got off that bus and we all spoke to you regards the meerkat..........no one took it .....So I think this posting is in bad taste mate...
You spoke to us at the time and admitted you were a bit hasty in accusing us. You were going to check the cctv which I take it you never did. Did you try lost property or ask the guy who was passing on the sit on vacuum cleaner.
Yes we were on high spirits when we arrived but this does not make us thieves.
You stood over my shoulder and watched me look for flight tickets in my packed rucksack which struggled to hold my clothes for a 6 day trip round Europe never mind a meerkat . I have followed Scotland for 26 years and would not stoop so low as to steal from friends.. we spent 1200 quid all told on this trip and to take a toy for no reason seems strange..
But you can pm and I will give you my number.. but no way are you gonna bad mouth our group on here . Bring it on ..

I hope the meerkat was not a points harvester and had his own seat at matches because that will open another can of worms ..
"Were flying on a Jet Plane .......don't know when we'll be back again................"

#6 GhostZapper

GhostZapper
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

See we are still levelling accusations that someone took your mascot....There were only 8 Scotland Supporters who got off that bus and we all spoke to you regards the meerkat..........no one took it .....So I think this posting is in bad taste mate...
You spoke to us at the time and admitted you were a bit hasty in accusing us. You were going to check the cctv which I take it you never did. Did you try lost property or ask the guy who was passing on the sit on vacuum cleaner.
Yes we were on high spirits when we arrived but this does not make us thieves.
You stood over my shoulder and watched me look for flight tickets in my packed rucksack which struggled to hold my clothes for a 6 day trip round Europe never mind a meerkat . I have followed Scotland for 26 years and would not stoop so low as to steal from friends.. we spent 1200 quid all told on this trip and to take a toy for no reason seems strange..
But you can pm and I will give you my number.. but no way are you gonna bad mouth our group on here . Bring it on ..

I hope the meerkat was not a points harvester and had his own seat at matches because that will open another can of worms ..

think you've taken the comments a bit to heart - where has he accused you and your group of being theives????

#7 ÈcosseFCUK

ÈcosseFCUK
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

He did at the time mate believe it ..check his heading ...
"Were flying on a Jet Plane .......don't know when we'll be back again................"

#8 GhostZapper

GhostZapper
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

he come on here asking if anyone pinched it for a laugh, or knows the whereabouts of it, in the hope that someone has picked it up, come across it, or saw someone lifting it out his bag

He's not came on here and said "mr ecossepmup and his crew were the only ones at the airport, and i suspect them", and its a bit unfair of you to be making your threatening bring it on comments, or you say he is accusing you of being a thief. At no point has he done that anywhere.

#9 ÈcosseFCUK

ÈcosseFCUK
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

We were the only ones at the airport....lol

#10 GhostZapper

GhostZapper
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

regardless.....

youre coming on here making bring it on statements claiming he's accusing you in his post - where in his post has he directly accused you?

#11 ÈcosseFCUK

ÈcosseFCUK
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

So what are you his lawyer ...we were the only people in terminal 1 at 1 am no flights and he knows who he's accusing ... (possibly a Scotland supporter):..........
Only defending our group ....

#12 HIGHLANDER

HIGHLANDER
  • 644 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

So what are you his lawyer ...we were the only people in terminal 1 at 1 am no flights and he knows who he's accusing ... (possibly a Scotland supporter):..........
Only defending our group ....

Since when does"possibly a Scotland supporter" accuse anyone of "thieving" as you put it. If you take the time to read the OP properly then you will see that there are NO accusations and certainly NO "groups" mentioned or "bad mouthed". I have forwarded a letter to the Airport Police to view the cctv of the camera which was situated about 15 yards away.
If you want to start a slagging match then, as you put it "bring it on"
I have been following Scotland since birth and would not stoop to spouting false accusations, and if you got your trip that cheap PM me your next travel plans so I can get them cheap as well.

For your info., the meerkat was on 7 points before the Lichtenstein game and he shared his seat/ticket with me :moon:

Remember...A YES vote is for Independence,not a vote for Alex Salmond

#13 ÈcosseFCUK

ÈcosseFCUK
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

(possibly a Scotland supporter) has stolen their mascot. quote

Lol did see 6 of them on the tv the night and guess what they were all sitting.g on a plane ...lol

#14 iainmac1

iainmac1
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

I have forwarded a letter to the Airport Police to view the cctv of the camera which was situated about 15 yards away.

I'm sure the police will be right onto the case of the missing cuddly toy. For heavens sake looool, I imagine that letter has gone straight in the bin!
diegosta.com

#15 Flure

Flure
  • 24,362 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

And until you wrote that - no-one else knew it.

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com