Dejan Macgregor - Living Legend

Tartan Army Croatia

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Knoxville

Johnny Knoxville
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Just got back yesterday and the shakes have finally subsided enough that I can type!

Just wanted to say how brilliant a trip this was thanks to Dejan who did so much for us all to make us very welcome in Zagreb. He arranged tickets for the game, buses, a party on Tuesday night at the Bulldog XL, another after party when we got back after the game at the Croatia supporters club, gave us many presents, showed us round when we needed it and took us to pubs and for dinner.

Most of all he gave us his friendship and we very happy that we were there. We salute you Dejan. We will be back in numbers next year.

Also not forgetting the rest of the Croatia Tartan army who both helped Dejan and gave us their friendship to.

Special mention of Zvjezdab Levinger as well who I believe learned to play the pipes in 10 months to such a level that he got on the stage with his band the Unites Colors of Tartan at the Bulldog XL party.

I urge people to take any spare kit they have out to these guys, next year, to help them spread the word. Things like cap badges and kilt pins are relatively cheap for us but for hard for these guys to get. Even old tops, sporrons, anything would be helpful for these guys a lot of which only have some of the gear. I know I have plenty of old kit in the cupboard so why not give it to these guys who will wear it with pride.

Brothers in arms.

#2 Zicoladud

Zicoladud
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

same here bud got 2 brand new croatia tops t shirt and scarf gave away signed scotland top new away top scotland hoodie cd badges and other polo top which was a cracker :ok:
ghostly workers sleep below,they hear no rain or heel or toe.think of them when the forges glow,in the glasgow of long ago

#3 Ferryman

Ferryman
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Agree with all of that.Top bloke!!!
Stevie

#4 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Top night :-) but something needs to be done about the prices for next June, as you do notice the difference drinking in their straight away (think we only got something like 3 rounds in our 400 kr kitty between 4 of us, when 450 kr got 23 of us about 2 hours worth of drinks earlier in the night)
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#5 GhostZapper

GhostZapper
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Top night :-) but something needs to be done about the prices for next June, as you do notice the difference drinking in their straight away (think we only got something like 3 rounds in our 400 kr kitty between 4 of us, when 450 kr got 23 of us about 2 hours worth of drinks earlier in the night)

aye - noticed that as well.... prices were a joke by end of the night - we ended up in a nightclub where the drinks were half the price

#6 Dunfermline Don

Dunfermline Don
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Aye peppermints on Ilica.............top music. Good effort Dejan,catch you next year

#7 Johnny Knoxville

Johnny Knoxville
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Yeah prices weren't as cheap in the bulldog as elsewhere but then it was the centre of town and therefore handy for everyone to meet. At just over 2 quid a pint it was still relatively cheap for us.

#8 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yeah prices weren't as cheap in the bulldog as elsewhere but then it was the centre of town and therefore handy for everyone to meet. At just over 2 quid a pint it was still relatively cheap for us.

We were drinking in a beer hall round the corner and was just short of 1.50 for a lt of beer
If you still use tippex

#9 MacGregor Croatia

MacGregor Croatia
  • 636 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Johnny, thank you ... :ok:

I am really touched, at the same time proud to have such friends .. :cheers3:

Thank you again

Cheers :beer2:

#10 Mairead

Mairead
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

I arrived I think before everyone else on the Sunday afternoon and went for a couple of pints in the Bulldog and paid I think about £2.50 a pint. I was delighted as I live in Denmark which is over double that price. However we did then after that drink elsewhere for a hell of a lot cheaper. Yes the Bulldog is central but the other places we were drinking were anything from 5-10 mins walk/crawl away so very accessible. But my point is, sounded like they did not raise the prices for the party which sometimes happen when we are abroad which is something. I also thought it was a really nice pub.

I did not make Dejan's party but heard that it was good. I loved Zagreb as a place and would definitely go back. I thought that everyone including the bar staff/ waiting staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly.

I would recommend to anyone that wanted to go there. BUT if you are not going with a bunch of friends to go drinking, you can see all you need to see in a day/night. It is not somewhere that I would go back to for a lot of sightseeing. For all of you that did not see it at a weekend, it really comes alive, the street were just lined with people sitting outside drinking coffees/beer from an early time on Friday and Saturday.
We dive at 5!

#11 MacGregor Croatia

MacGregor Croatia
  • 636 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

We were drinking in a beer hall round the corner and was just short of £1.50 for a lt of beer

I told you that I gonna pay you a few beer's if you don't have enough money ... :beer2:

Sorry, I didn't know that you saving money for trip to Australia (in august) so you don't have enough money for beer in Zagreb. :-))

You're too picky .... ;)
you have wanted "after party" when we come back in Zagreb (at 2:30AM) when everything it's closed and we organized 15 people for welcoming (with food and drink) and you went to hotel without saying thank you to the guy's that were expecting you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 MacGregor Croatia

MacGregor Croatia
  • 636 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

I arrived I think before everyone else on the Sunday afternoon and went for a couple of pints in the Bulldog and paid I think about £2.50 a pint. I was delighted as I live in Denmark which is over double that price. However we did then after that drink elsewhere for a hell of a lot cheaper. Yes the Bulldog is central but the other places we were drinking were anything from 5-10 mins walk/crawl away so very accessible. But my point is, sounded like they did not raise the prices for the party which sometimes happen when we are abroad which is something. I also thought it was a really nice pub.

I told before that Bulldog is not cheapest pub, but it's place it on the center (of center) of Zagreb, but i wanted to have a party in some nice place, not in some cheap, shitty bar... :wtf:

One day before I have invited them in one cheaper place (Kolding, beer costs 2 euro's), but only few of them has comed overthere and everyone else stayed at Bulldog (beer costs 3 euro's).

Posted Image

#13 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

You're best leaving it there Dejan. Those that felt you done a service will probably come back to you next year, and those that felt things were expensive or would prefer to do their own thing won't. You can't please everyone, there's no point in getting into needless arguments that may damage your reputation.
Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP

#14 MacGregor Croatia

MacGregor Croatia
  • 636 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

You're best leaving it there Dejan. Those that felt you done a service will probably come back to you next year, and those that felt things were expensive or would prefer to do their own thing won't. You can't please everyone, there's no point in getting into needless arguments that may damage your reputation.

Thank you, mate ... :ok:

I gave my best .. but next time will be even better ... :)

#15 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

I told you that I gonna pay you a few beer's if you don't have enough money ... :beer2:

Sorry, I didn't know that you saving money for trip to Australia (in august) so you don't have enough money for beer in Zagreb. :-))

You're too picky .... ;)
you have wanted "after party" when we come back in Zagreb (at 2:30AM) when everything it's closed and we organized 15 people for welcoming (with food and drink) and you went to hotel without saying thank you to the guy's that were expecting you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Money was never a problem, it was just eye opening when we ordered our first beer, after what we paid all day.

Time we got back to Zagreb, we were exhausted and in no mood to party, and though we did try to say thanks, you were to busy gathering people together for the after party
If you still use tippex