You are viewing the Archive Board. To visit the new board CLICK HERE

Photo

Kemal Karic - Match Mascot At Italy Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#1 Mazz

Mazz
  • 314 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Some longstanding tambers will know of Kemo and the great rallying of Tartan Army to raise funds for his prosthetic limb(s). It was this Kemal Karic Appeal that grew into the Sunshine Appeal so that footsoldiers could carry on fundraising for other children.

http://tasunshineapp...uk/projects.htm click on Kemo at the bottom of all the countries for more info.

Kemo was to come over for the previous Italy match but needed some medical treatment so couldn`t make it to Scotland. Thanks to some kind donations held back from that time, he will be here as a guest of T.A.S.A and of course the SFA as mascot at the match against Italy.

When Kemo didn`t get over the last time, he was visited in Sarajevo by a couple of footsoldiers who started a short film about his connection with the Tartan Army. It is hoped this can be now completed with filming of his trip to Scotland and his day amongst the Scotland Supporters as well as being a mascot. If all goes to plan this film will be available on a DVD to raise a bit more money for the Sunshine Appeal.

There will also be limited edition badges to mark the occasion of Kemo being at Hampden.

Although delayed his visit now comes at a fitting time, at the close of almost 5 years of the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal being in operation. Let`s hope it`s marking the start of the qualification era as well!

Hope he gets a big cheer and is suitably impressed by the noise we are all making! :spin:
Me, me, me, me, meeeeee

#2 Andy North Croy

Andy North Croy
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

BRILLIANT :spin:
Independence for North Croy.

#3 chaff

chaff
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

Thats's great, totally forgot that he was meant to be coming over the last time, good to hear that he is coming over now. :spin:

YES!

#4 Jimbo

Jimbo
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image

#5 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

Brilliant news.

Mirza mentioned in Paris that he was hoping this would happen.

#6 Longrow

Longrow
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

Brilliant Mazz - I was looking forward to his visit at the last game, now having seen some of what TASA do, it makes his visit this time even more meaningful. He'll have a great time.
Never a Serf

#7 Govanhill Jacobite

Govanhill Jacobite
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:33 PM

Sis
That is brilliant news and sure he will get a big cheer :spin:
Prosperity for Scotland and no to the Union
( Engraved on the Jacobite Soldiers Broadswords)

#8 Lamia

Lamia
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:39 PM

I am so pleased he is finally going to make it over. I hope he has a great time. :beer2:

It seems so long ago that a simple thread and started it all off. Just goes to show that its not all just hot air on here. :spin:

From which we'll rise, over love, over hate through this Iron Sky that's fast becoming our mind. Over fear into freedom. - Paolo Nutini

#9 Padre Andrew

Padre Andrew
  • 737 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

Mazz, that's brilliant :spin: .

Well done.

www.shianquest.com  Fantasy fiction / Scottish folklore. Book 2 - 'Jack Shian and the Mapa Mundi' - was published February 2014. 'Destiny Stone' is due out September 2014. Find the Shian Quest Trilogy on Facebook.

#10 McTeagle

McTeagle
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:08 PM

But this is depriving a Scottish kid from being a mascot!!!

Just kidding, great stuff, and another feather in the cap for the folk behind the various appeals that go on (who all give up their time). Lamia hits the nail on the head - from little acorns and that.

#11 Mazz

Mazz
  • 314 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

I can`t take any credit for anything much other than enthusiasm about it all and doing the "reporting" on here - it is down to one or two others who had the idea, donated specifically for the purpose, and are behind the scenes pulling all the strings :beer2:

But I did design the wee badge today in about 1 hour`s time to meet a deadline. Hope folk will buy it - it looks better than you would expect a badge design thought up over an hour would look - (well I would say that.....)

Very waterproof mascara for me on Saturday the 17th! Won`t need it at the end of the game though :spin:

Edited by Mazz, 01 November 2007 - 08:31 PM.

Me, me, me, me, meeeeee

#12 Mazz

Mazz
  • 314 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:24 PM

Blatant BTTT for a bit.........
Me, me, me, me, meeeeee

#13 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:29 PM

Blatant BTTT for a bit.........

Careful........ :beer2:

Good news :spin:
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#14 Baztac

Baztac
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:19 PM

Had read about him a number of times in the past and was sorry to see he could not make the previous encounter. Hope he enjoys this one.
Wishing All The BestFor Him :spin:

#15 dave the bankie

dave the bankie
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:31 PM

Well done to all involved :beer2: brings a tear to an old codger :spin: