You are viewing the Archive Board. To visit the new board CLICK HERE

Photo

Zero Tolerance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
171 replies to this topic

#16 Mod11

Mod11
  • Moderators
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

I agree. Zenit have plenty of decent fans who are not racist.

Borderline. If any Rangers fans take offence at this post and report it then it may influence whether or not the mods consider it to be "banter" or antagonistic.

I'm making this post here to highlight this for all to help everyone see where the line is being drawn.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln

#17 vanderark14

vanderark14
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

Borderline. If any Rangers fans take offence at this post and report it then it may influence whether or not the mods consider it to be "banter" or antagonistic.

I'm making this post here to highlight this for all to help everyone see where the line is being drawn.

are you joking????

you have opened one big can of worms here.

It’s little wonder to me that the No campaign wants to sandbag the debate at every turn, because if they become embroiled in an open discussion with the Yes campaign and the people of Scotland, their lies will unravel in an instant, just like they did for me and so many new Yes voters.

#18 Rossy

Rossy
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

Consider Rossy's post "humour" and the image posted by Jo Mo advertising the UEFA Cup final with Zenit as racists and Rangers as bigots completely unacceptable.

Threads about flags, chants and songs at tomorrow nights game might get people in trouble as well. It depends which mod is on the board and how they interpret the posts. We're not trying to censor valid discussion, but we are trying to protect the integrity of this board.

Like I said, if in doubt then don't post.

Kai posted a "rule" a couple of weeks ago - if it isn't acceptable to shout out in a crowded pub then don't post it on here. Feel free to bear that in mind.

I like you. You're my pal.
Please don't argue back about this as I am 100% correct.

#19 thplinth

thplinth
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

So can folk posts threads about songs, flags and chants in AOB?

I can see this being nightmare to enforce - what's funny to some on here is pish patter to others. And inevitably the old hands will get cut a lot more slack than the newer folk.

Ach well...
God made everything out of nothing... but the nothingness still shines through

#20 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

So basically, if the mod that reads a post wakes up in a bad mood the person is fecked?

#21 Mod11

Mod11
  • Moderators
  • 333 posts

This quote is from a locked thread - just in case anyone missed it.

For information we are currently discussing whether or not we should close this forum altogether. This thread is a perfect example of how this forum creates divisions and antagonises people, which over spills into all the other forums.

This isn't an idle threat, we consider that this forum is affecting the integrity of the whole board and there are too many posters who put club ahead of country. This is a Tartan Army board and everyone should post here on the understanding that everyone else on here is first and foremost a fellow Scotland fan.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln

#22 Jimbo

Jimbo
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:53 PM

:lol:

Mods are doing a great job

C`mon Zenit

#23 thplinth

thplinth
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

:lol: aww come on, that was subtle and quite funny.
God made everything out of nothing... but the nothingness still shines through

#24 denhaagdavid

denhaagdavid
  • 782 posts

Aye, and while we're at it, how aboot a wee favour ?

9 o'clock the morns night we all get together and move the messageboard to another place, so when the Masons re-appear they cannae find us again ?

That would solve so many problems.... :lol:

Disclaimer : This was humour and banter. Even though I really meant it. No, but really..

got the barbeque ready for the quadruple celebration party on the 22nd yet Rossy ??? If not we'll just go to your neighbours or drive up and down outside your house tooting horns, could even get some of the orange bunting you love so much up in preparation for Euro 2008 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reeky and Rossy say hello from the naughty corner

#25 Rossy

Rossy
  • 12,753 posts

Look....can I just take a ban just now and get it over and done with ?

'cause I'm telling you there's just no way short of keeping ma hands in boxing gloves that I'll be able to shut up the morns night. :lol:
Please don't argue back about this as I am 100% correct.

#26 AJ101

AJ101
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

Kai posted a "rule" a couple of weeks ago - if it isn't acceptable to shout out in a crowded pub then don't post it on here. Feel free to bear that in mind.

I admitted having a w^nk 8 times a day on here but wouldnt shout that out in a pub??? U were awrite wi that???
I did not like that.....

#27 vanderark14

vanderark14
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:58 PM

This quote is from a locked thread - just in case anyone missed it.

This isn't an idle threat, we consider that this forum is affecting the integrity of the whole board and there are too many posters who put club ahead of country. This is a Tartan Army board and everyone should post here on the understanding that everyone else on here is first and foremost a fellow Scotland fan.

agreed but that doesnt mean we will all agree on club matters which will be discussed in the non TA football section.

some people take offence to things that others wont. for instance the post about Zenit and Rnagers fans would not offend me at all as nothing offends me. it was a picture and not anything that could harm anyone. theres a thread about sheep shagging on here and i find it funny and not offensive.

It’s little wonder to me that the No campaign wants to sandbag the debate at every turn, because if they become embroiled in an open discussion with the Yes campaign and the people of Scotland, their lies will unravel in an instant, just like they did for me and so many new Yes voters.

#28 Pete Zazuppa

Pete Zazuppa
  • Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

jeezo - banter now anned on the TAMB?

what's the board for if it isn't for this? Rangers get into the UEFA cup final and we're effectively banned from discussing it.

If some people canny hack it, that's their problem. Indeed MODS, who actually has the problem?

The rangers fans are glorying in their current run of success, the non rangers fans are in turn having a go at them back. I don't see any problem with this at all. If some of us find some certain things (flags/songs/orange polo shirts) as ridiculous why shouldn't we be allowed to mock them or at least comment on them?

#29 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

I admitted having a w^nk 8 times a day on here but wouldnt shout that out in a pub??? U were awrite wi that???

Aye, but if anyone had called you a w@nker, they'd have got banned even thought you admitted it :lol:

#30 vanderark14

vanderark14
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

jeezo - banter now anned on the TAMB?

what's the board for if it isn't for this? Rangers get into the UEFA cup final and we're effectively banned from discussing it.

If some people canny hack it, that's their problem. Indeed MODS, who actually has the problem?

The rangers fans are glorying in their current run of success, the non rangers fans are in turn having a go at them back. I don't see any problem with this at all. If some of us find some certain things (flags/songs/orange polo shirts) as ridiculous why shouldn't we be allowed to mock them or at least comment on them?

agree 100% :lol: