You are viewing the Archive Board. To visit the new board CLICK HERE

Photo

Zero Tolerance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
171 replies to this topic

#31 AJ101

AJ101
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

This quote is from a locked thread - just in case anyone missed it.

his isn't an idle threat, we consider that this forum is affecting the integrity of the whole board and there are too many posters who put club ahead of country. This is a Tartan Army board and everyone should post here on the understanding that everyone else on here is first and foremost a fellow Scotland fan.

I actually would think it would be a good thing is they binned this forum, but technically people could open topics in the AOB - Anything one, as by definition u can discuss ANYTHING. So it would it not mean binning all forums apart from the TA one.... cant say i'd be too happy with that as i do like the banter on 'anything' but i do reckon the 'non-TA' is just a playground for everyone to slag each other and should probably be done away with....
I did not like that.....

#32 vanderark14

vanderark14
  • 4,097 posts

jeezo - banter now anned on the TAMB?

what's the board for if it isn't for this? Rangers get into the UEFA cup final and we're effectively banned from discussing it.

If some people canny hack it, that's their problem. Indeed MODS, who actually has the problem?

The rangers fans are glorying in their current run of success, the non rangers fans are in turn having a go at them back. I don't see any problem with this at all. If some of us find some certain things (flags/songs/orange polo shirts) as ridiculous why shouldn't we be allowed to mock them or at least comment on them?

agree 100% :lol:

i thought we (the TA) were known for being able to have banter.

its gettin beyond a joke when everything we say seems to offend someone on a internet forum.

It’s little wonder to me that the No campaign wants to sandbag the debate at every turn, because if they become embroiled in an open discussion with the Yes campaign and the people of Scotland, their lies will unravel in an instant, just like they did for me and so many new Yes voters.

#33 Mod11

Mod11
  • Moderators
  • 333 posts

agreed but that doesnt mean we will all agree on club matters which will be discussed in the non TA football section.

We don't have to agree on club matters, just respect our fellow posters. From the guidelines :

There are few set rules on what can/cannot be posted on this board. All we ask is that you respect your fellow board members, even when they don't deserve it!

It's not compulsory to like everyone and it's perfectly acceptable to argue, but please refrain from abusive language and personal attacks.

"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln

#34 roland_sausage

roland_sausage
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:03 PM

I sincerely apologise for my outrageous comment. Good luck to the Sons of William tomorrow. I hope they do Great Britain and her occupied territories proud.

#35 john64

john64
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:03 PM

So the first thing I see this morning when I turn on the tv is a fat baldy kn0b in an england top in glasgow pub singing the praises of the glorious glasgow rangers, rule britania an his pish an i can't express an opinion of him alone without tarring all good gers fans.
If this is not allowed i won't post it. :lol:

PS- I'm a fat scottish blooming with the biggest anti- british chip on my shoulder you've ever seen.
SCOTLAND IS FREE MY RZ :lol:
I am ill, I have
incurable
Scottishness.

#36 vanderark14

vanderark14
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

We don't have to agree on club matters, just respect our fellow posters. From the guidelines :

once again i agree but why was "Zenit fans are not all racist" not respecting another poster? and how on earth could that statement offend anyone.

It’s little wonder to me that the No campaign wants to sandbag the debate at every turn, because if they become embroiled in an open discussion with the Yes campaign and the people of Scotland, their lies will unravel in an instant, just like they did for me and so many new Yes voters.

#37 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:05 PM

once again i agree but why was "Zenit fans are not all racist" not respecting another poster? and how on earth could that statement offend anyone.

They took it to mean that he was implying all Rangers supporters are bigots.

#38 thplinth

thplinth
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

this is beyond zero tolerance, this is madness.
God made everything out of nothing... but the nothingness still shines through

#39 denhaagdavid

denhaagdavid
  • 782 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

can you get banned for thinking something. I will not call a fellow poster a w@nker but am i allowed to say "i think he's a w@nker"

************DISCLAIMER***************
this is from a famous story about a player getting booked and asking the ref if he could get booked for thinking something, the ref said no and the player then said the above. He as booked for foul and abusive language and sent off
Reeky and Rossy say hello from the naughty corner

#40 vanderark14

vanderark14
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

seriously is there actually one rangers fan out there that would be offended by a post on an internet web page.

#41 Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

Kai posted a "rule" a couple of weeks ago - if it isn't acceptable to shout out in a crowded pub then don't post it on here. Feel free to bear that in mind.

But i drink here:

Posted Image

I only shouted: 'God save the king...'! :lol:

#42 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

seriously is there actually one rangers fan out there that would be offended by a post on an internet web page.

I think the folk from the RST might be.

#43 Beggsy

Beggsy
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

because the pictures had a picture of a zenit fan saying no black players then a picture if gers fans with no catholic players. If that isn't set out purely to antagonise and to add fuel to a sectarian fire I don't know what is.

Rangers fans have been the ones pillored for it over the years and rightly so for some of the songs that have been sung at Ibrox etc however there is plenty of fans from other clubs on here dishing it out as "banter". If Nelbo, ST Hawkeye or that had posted that picture there would have been massive uproar because they are well known on the site as Gers fans.

Just need to give it a rest, the fact Mods are willing to suspend and ban people from posting shows how far it has gone.

Sorry vanderark that wasn't all aimed at you :lol:

#44 Big Mick

Big Mick
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

For the remainder of the season we will be adopting a zero tolerance approach to moderating this forum.

This is a Tartan Army message board, not a club board. Any posts that are considered to be overtly antagonistic towards any particular group of club fans will get you suspended or banned. If in doubt then don't post. Note that as well as the posted rules/guidelines at the top of the board you need to consider the "spirit" of what you are posting. If it is deemed to be inflammatory or abusive or antagonistic then it won't be tolerated.

Humour and banter is perfectly acceptable, but you run the risk of being misinterpreted - so you better make sure that it is clear to all if you are trying to be funny or engaging in banter. Anybody trying to push the limits of acceptability will very likely end up suspended or banned. Like I said, zero tolerance.

Your cooperation will be appreciated.

:lol: :lol:

It's not before time. Although if the main protagonists could just use common sense then it would be easier to engage in an adult debate rather than a thread degenerating into petty and childish nonsense.
"You can always tell an Englishman, you just cannae tell him much!"

#45 john64

john64
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

The joke is no matter how much we wish rangers well mod has waited till the majority of dodgy posters are heading out of our country.
GOOD LUCK RANGERS, THAT'S ALL I'M ALLOWED TO SAY :lol:
I am ill, I have
incurable
Scottishness.