You are viewing the Archive Board. To visit the new board CLICK HERE

Photo

Football Team Gb 2012 Olympics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you support the entry of a football Team GB at the olympics? (198 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support the entry of a football Team GB at the olympics?

1. Yes (8 votes [4.04%])

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

2. No (186 votes [93.94%])

Percentage of vote: 93.94%

3. Undecided (4 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 save_the_whale_chris

save_the_whale_chris
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

Maybe it was just really stupid people who misread the question?

Most TAMB AWOL.

#17 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:49 PM

So tell us how you voted?

:blink:
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#18 andymac

andymac
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:13 PM

Er, right, this is the TAMB. You want somebody with a minority view to 'fess up? Don't be f'ing daft, crusifiction would be the order of the day.

Before anyone has a go at me. No pumping Team GB

Chris tell them I am on-side.

Life was easier when I didn't have a clue....

#19 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

Er, right, this is the TAMB. You want somebody with a minority view to 'fess up? Don't be f'ing daft, crusifiction would be the order of the day.

They should grow some baws and argue their point :blink:
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#20 Saint George

Saint George
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

Who voted for undecided? :blink:

#21 aljay

aljay
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:49 AM

Posted Image

i cannae understand the concept and jist dinny get whit it wid achieve furr embdy involved. furr these reasons, ah'm out.
waverley tea-rooms unofficial part time tartan army

#22 tartan diamond

tartan diamond
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

They should grow some baws and argue their point :blink:

obviously more balls than someone who sitsbehind a computer screen constanty looking for posts to have a dig at.

i don't live on here hence the reason i haven't posted back until now.
i have explained my opinion on this a number of times on other threads, but since you feel the need to have yet another pop i'll say it one more time just for you..........
i support having a UK football team at the olympics because we are represented at most other sports in them, as long as we keep Scotland for fifa and uefa competitions.

why aren't you slating the likes of Craig Gordon, who has said he would love to represent GB at football in the olympics?

however it's not a subject i will get all worked up over and protest for or against, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. it's not a matter of life or death for me wether we do or don't have a football team in it.

Edited by tartan diamond, 02 October 2008 - 09:12 AM.

#23 Jagtag

Jagtag
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:23 AM

Definite NO!

#24 save_the_whale_chris

save_the_whale_chris
  • 549 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

obviously more balls than someone who sitsbehind a computer screen constanty looking for posts to have a dig at.

i don't live on here hence the reason i haven't posted back until now.
i have explained my opinion on this a number of times on other threads, but since you feel the need to have yet another pop i'll say it one more time just for you..........
i support having a UK football team at the olympics because we are represented at most other sports in them, as long as we keep Scotland for fifa and uefa competitions.

why aren't you slating the likes of Craig Gordon, who has said he would love to represent GB at football in the olympics?

however it's not a subject i will get all worked up over and protest for or against, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. it's not a matter of life or death for me wether we do or don't have a football team in it.

I respect your right to disagree with most of us on this, but how do you feel about the questions I raised. Are you aware of the issues behind this - the pressure on FIFA for us to continually compete as a UK, the comments made by the Scottish/Welsh/NI associations?

Most TAMB AWOL.

#25 tartan diamond

tartan diamond
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

I respect your right to disagree with most of us on this, but how do you feel about the questions I raised. Are you aware of the issues behind this - the pressure on FIFA for us to continually compete as a UK, the comments made by the Scottish/Welsh/NI associations?

yes mate, that's why i say i'm for it as long as we keep Scotland for fifa and uefa competitions

#26 Loz2906

Loz2906
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:39 AM

Just for information:

LORD COE MUST CONSIDER HIS POSITION

Reacting today (Thursday) to comments reportedly made by Lord Coe in The London Paper that he would disregard objections by the Scottish and Welsh Football Associations and push ahead to create a GB football team, SNP Spokesperson on Sport at Westminster Pete Wishart MP said:

“These reported comments from Lord Coe are outrageous and show an utter contempt for the position of the SFA and the Tartan Army. His foul language clearly encapsulates his derogatory view of the Celtic nations and their wish that there should be no team GB in the Olympics. If he thinks he can ride roughshod over this he is sorely mistaken.

“Scots have already seen over 150 million pounds of lottery money for good causes raided to help meet the ever growing cost of the London 2012 Olympics. On top of this they are now expected to put up with proposals like this.

“I repeat my call for British Olympic Association to respect this decision and stay out of the internal footballing matters of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. In light of the tone reportedly taken by Lord Coe, he should consider his position.

“There is no support in Scotland for a GB team that would jeopardise the very existence of our national side.”

NB: On Tuesday it was reported in the London Paper that when asked about the Scottish and Welsh objections to team GB Lord Coe replied “F***’em!”
So I thought, why not?

#27 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:07 PM

:blink:

#28 save_the_whale_chris

save_the_whale_chris
  • 549 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

yes mate, that's why i say i'm for it as long as we keep Scotland for fifa and uefa competitions

But it is not for us to decide. FIFA make the rules and FIFA are under pressure for Scotlan/England/Wales and NI to compete as one. That is why the SFA etc, ATAC etc are against that. How do you answer these concerns?

Most TAMB AWOL.

#29 car17

car17
  • Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:34 PM

What happens if we don`t have a Football team in FIFA after it? Would that be worth protesting about?
RBoS, payback for Darien!

#30 buckfast warrior

buckfast warrior
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

no
The Warrior is back