You are viewing the Archive Board. To visit the new board CLICK HERE

Photo

George Burley Poll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
201 replies to this topic

Poll: George Burley Poll (622 member(s) have cast votes)

Should George Burely continue as manager?

1. Yes (320 votes [51.45%])

Percentage of vote: 51.45%

2. No (217 votes [34.89%])

Percentage of vote: 34.89%

3. Undecided (85 votes [13.67%])

Percentage of vote: 13.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 WeeBarrysGotAnMBE

WeeBarrysGotAnMBE
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

Lithuania away, his tactics were all wrong until injuries in the first half forced him to change things.

He still had to adjust his tactics and he adjusted them in a way that won us the match.

France at home he got lucky. The way he had the team set out was if he had no intention of trying to win the game.

Of course we were lucky against France but that was the only way we were going to win the match.

#32 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

You are, as always acting like yourself, a petulant bairn who who goes in the huff in anyone disagrees. Nice of you to start name calling. :rolleyes:

Is Burley doing a good job, yes or no? I think not, hence the poll.

You can agree or not, but stop acting like an idiot and save your crap for someone who gives a shyt about what you think.

Maybe you can actually start discussing the issue like an adult and back-up your opinion with facts if you're going to make claims such as "series of disasterous results" and series of this and series of that.

Instead we get the juvenile pish such as "any negative comments heres Reeky to defend them" or "Sorry for disagreeing with you oh mighty reeky" just what I expect that from a teenager, not from you.

At least you are in the minority when it comes to sacking him.

Edited by ReekySporran, 12 October 2008 - 04:58 PM.

Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#33 PeteBMitchell

PeteBMitchell
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

Why are we being so negative? Were not the English :worried:

What good would switching managers do us now anyway?

Weve got Holland and Iceland next, no-ones expecting a win in Holland anyway, and Iceland at home should take care of its self. Taking 4 points from 12 (assuming worst case scenario in Holland) is very dissapointing, but weve only played 1 game at home so far.

However, if we get beat by Iceland at home, its still pretty pointless to sack the manager, as finnishing 2nd will more or less be out of our grasp :rolleyes:
just sack him at the end of the campain

#34 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:02 PM

Bid ask there. Remember GB said 17 pts will get us qualified. That now means 4 wins and a draw from our last 5 games including 2 games against Holland and Norway away. Do you think that is likely with our current performances?

I dont think we need 17 points to get into the play-offs, 15 may just about do it and that is very achievable. I dont think we'll get 17.
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#35 fierypict

fierypict
  • 495 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

Bid ask there. Remember GB said 17 pts will get us qualified. That now means 4 wins and a draw from our last 5 games including 2 games against Holland and Norway away. Do you think that is likely with our current performances?

I think the players are good enough to win all the remaining games....Just not under Burley.

It feels more like Bertie under him, than it actually did under Bertie, if you know what I mean. Burley has never convinced me from day one, neither talking nor, more importantly, with his teams/tactics/style of play....It summed it up for me yesterday when the camera showed him talking to Butcher presumably?, about tactics..? I just thought, oh no, we're really fckd now.. :rolleyes: Fair enough letting Butcher take the players for training, but please keep him away fae the tactical side....!!!!

If we persist with B & B, we won't finish 2nd..Simple as that!!!!
"I'm Scottish first........&........ I'm Scottish second"

#36 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,271 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

Maybe you can actually start discussing the issue like an adult and back-up your opinion with facts if you're going to make claims such as "series of disasterous results" and series of this and series of that.

Instead we get the juvenile pish such as "any negative comments heres Reeky to defend them" or "Sorry for disagreeing with you oh mighty reeky" just what I expect that from a teenager, not from you.

At least you are in the minority when it comes to sacking him.

How can I back up disasterous results with facts? Please tell me. We have lost two players because of him, we have slipped up in two games, we will not qualify for the world cup, we will be lucky to retain second seeding for the next draw.

You have been Mr Jambo in the past, you defended mad Vlad like a bairn, you defended Pressley like you were related, you defended Rix, you even defended Neilsen. But im wrong for mention anything. If Burley was at Hibs, I doubt you would defend him, but hey its only an opinion.

Also lets cut this anti English crap, but we are Scottish and we like not winning, isnt that fun.

Let 2014 be the start of a better Scotland.

#37 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

How can I back up disasterous results with facts?

You're making the claim, tell us what series of results under Burley have been "disasterous"? it should be pretty easy. Tell us what series of subs have been disasterous etc etc

We have lost two players because of him,

No, 2 players have gone in the huff because they weren't selected. Did any of the other 7 players who didnt get on yesterday go in the cream puff?

we have slipped up in two games, we will not qualify for the world cup, we will be lucky to retain second seeding for the next draw.

:rolleyes: Mr.negativity

You have been Mr Jambo in the past, you defended mad Vlad like a bairn, you defended Pressley like you were related, you defended Rix, you even defended Neilsen. But im wrong for mention anything. If Burley was at Hibs, I doubt you would defend him, but hey its only an opinion.

I think you need to get to your bed :worried:

Edited by ReekySporran, 12 October 2008 - 05:10 PM.

#38 Flat Earth

Flat Earth
  • 13,511 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

In a straight choice between Kris Boyd and George Burley I'd tell Boyd to go and f*ck himself. Last thing we need is some lazy prima donna thinking he can hire and fire his own managers. Sadly he got away with his dressing room campaign against Pen Le Guen at Ibrox and now he seems to think he can do it with Scotland too...

I wonder how many people currently calling for Burleys head (not you Kumnio, I'm thinking more of the media here) were the same ones who were describing friendlies as "meaningless"?

Burley had to wait nine months for his first competitive game, he had few decent friendlies between the Italy game and the Macedonia game to keep momentum going, and the fews games we did arrange we were hamstrung with call offs. You need games to build a team. Its not rocket science.

I wonder how many call offs we'll have for the Argentina game?

And I wonder if Gordon Smith will organise a game in February, or if Burley will again be expected to throw the players in at the deep end against Holland...
iAYE we can!

#39 gkm_vancouver

gkm_vancouver
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

I dont think we need 17 points to get into the play-offs, 15 may just about do it and that is very achievable. I dont think we'll get 17.

15 points? If we assume that we win against Iceland and Macedonia at home that leaves 5 points against Holland twice and Norway away. On our current form, and if we cant beat Norway at home, can you seriously say that is likely?

Edited by gkm_vancouver, 12 October 2008 - 05:12 PM.

Mony a mickle maks a muckle

#40 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,959 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:12 PM

15 points? If we assume that we win against Iceland and Macedonia at home that leaves 9 points against Holland twice and Norway away. On our current form can you seriously say that is likely?

If we win against Iceland and Holland it leaves us on 10. Making us need 5 from those 3 tough games

I think we could do that

#41 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

15 points? If we assume that we win against Iceland and Macedonia at home that leaves 5 points against Holland twice and Norway away. On our current form, and if we cant beat Norway at home, can you seriously say that is likely?

Macedonia - 0
Iceland - 3
Norway - 1
Holland - 1
Iceland - 3
Norway - 3
Macedonia - 3
Holland- 1

That's achievable isn't it?

#42 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,271 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

You're making the claim, tell us what series of results under Burley have been "disasterous"? it should be pretty easy. Tell us what series of subs have been disasterous etc etc

Its in a post above, its even in bold.

No, 2 players have gone in the huff because they weren't selected. Did any of the other 7 players who didnt get on yesterday go in the cream puff?

The same players didnt play every game under Smith or McLeish, but there was no problem, there is now, whats the common denominator?

:rolleyes: Mr.negativity

Absolutely. We now have to go to Holland and Norway, and play Holland, Iceland and Macedonia at home, we probably need 11 points minimum to get second place, we dont have a chance of getting that.

I think you need to get to your bed :worried:

No, I need to lose the ability to remember things, or at least acknowledge that I can remember things.

Let 2014 be the start of a better Scotland.

#43 gonzoal

gonzoal
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

flip sake, thats pathetic.

You may think so But I am sure I'm not alone in thinking that what is pathetic is putting this poll on this site thus inviting the media to have a field day with it.
Now is the time, if Berti was punted earlier we wouldnt have plummeted so far, I believe that Burley is doing the same, now is the time to question it.
Question details of what he's done perhaps but calling for him to be sacked in a public forum like this after 3 competitive matches isn't helping any cause.
Dont like it, dont read it. Im sick of being the happy loosers, sod it, we dont have to be apatheic all the time. Im not calling for him to be lynched, sacked will do just fine.
What I originally said was nothing to do with my liking what I was reading or not, neither was it about being a happy loser (that's how you spell it, by the way) or in any way apathetic. It was about the use to which this could be put others reading it. So before you have a wee rant like this again you might like to stop and consider whether it has anything to do with what you said you were responding to.
edit, response was to gonzoal, not above

Treat life like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, pish on it and walk away.

#44 gonzoal

gonzoal
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

Would McFadden have given Smith or McLeish verbals after being subbed?

Just watched the match agaion on telly and didn't see him give any verbals.
Treat life like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, pish on it and walk away.

#45 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:19 PM

Its in a post above, its even in bold.

You only listed his 3 competitive games, one a bad result, one a good result and one a disappointing result. So we're agreed, not a series of disasterous results then? what about the subbies?

The same players didnt play every game under Smith or McLeish, but there was no problem, there is now, whats the common denominator?

Rangers?

Absolutely. We now have to go to Holland and Norway, and play Holland, Iceland and Macedonia at home, we probably need 11 points minimum to get second place, we dont have a chance of getting that.

Well my cup is half full

No, I need to lose the ability to remember things, or at least acknowledge that I can remember things.

I think you have a spreadsheet like Cove Sheep :rolleyes: