Photo

The Rangers Circus Continues

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#331 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,959 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

given that you are totally clueless about how Rangers fans could have saved the company then you can forgive me discounting your opinion.

Cool. 

I discount all your opinions in Indy Ref threads as you don't even live in Scotland and can't vote :ok: 

#332 Larky Masher

Larky Masher
  • 7,779 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Through liquidation

So how could the fans have stopped liquidation?

Zombie company: A company that is kept alive by lenient creditors and low interest rates even though it is too weak to invest or

expand e.g. Aberdeen F.C. "Available from lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=zombie company" [3-November-2013]

#333 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

True fans will buy:

http://sport.stv.tv/...offering-fails/

Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP

#334 SMcoolJ

SMcoolJ
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

I don't want to see any club die, including Rangers.  Though it does stun me that they have the squad they do and are paying the wages they are.  I'm visualising a moth flying repeatedly into a lightbulb.

Seems a case of bad things happen when good men do nothing.  Not blaming the fans, but surely some questions over spending and wages have been raised? 

#335 ShedTA

ShedTA
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

Whilst I'd contest the sweeping generalisation of  "But their desperation to cling onto past glories has lead to the current situation" I'd agree with the rest of that.

ok fair point. I dont think the rangers fans on here represent the above but there was a desire by the support in general, and possibly understandably to hold onto the success and history at all costs.

A fresh start would have been better and probably accepted by a lot of the more free thinking fans.

however easy to say in hindsight. finding someone to lead the set up without taking as much as they could get would always have been the difficult bit. Charlie Green was just the easy option.

#336 ShedTA

ShedTA
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

I don't want to see any club die, including Rangers.  Though it does stun me that they have the squad they do and are paying the wages they are.  I'm visualising a moth flying repeatedly into a lightbulb.

Seems a case of bad things happen when good men do nothing.  Not blaming the fans, but surely some questions over spending and wages have been raised? 

the thing is we are now in the position again, where the club does not have enough money to complete half the season. what does the sfa do? what does the league do? sit on their hands and hope for he best?

surely at the moment we are heading straight for another train crash. they cant this time say they didnt see it coming and so will not be blameless if it ends in carnage.

#337 Squirrelhumper

Squirrelhumper
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

Surely all football fans will get behind fans. .

Nope

#338 Larky Masher

Larky Masher
  • 7,779 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Nope

Boom, tish......

Zombie company: A company that is kept alive by lenient creditors and low interest rates even though it is too weak to invest or

expand e.g. Aberdeen F.C. "Available from lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=zombie company" [3-November-2013]

#339 ShedTA

ShedTA
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

The most bizarre thing here is that they need this share issue to pay current £2.7m of debts and yet they have the second highest wage bill in Scotland.

Its just crazy stuff, which most of us could see happening over a year ago, apart from of course Ally, seemingly the rangers board (which i dont believe) and the scottish main stream media who seem terrified of actually calling it like it is.

#340 EddardStark

EddardStark
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

The most bizarre thing here is that they need this share issue to pay current £2.7m of debts and yet they have the second highest wage bill in Scotland.
Its just crazy stuff, which most of us could see happening over a year ago, apart from of course Ally, seemingly the rangers board (which i dont believe) and the scottish main stream media who seem terrified of actually calling it like it is.

its been pretty well covered in the media. Allys basic fault is he cant pick a team nor build one. As for wages then I don't think that is the key driver of our predicament.

#341 faircity

faircity
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Deid yet?

#342 Redz

Redz
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

Sounds like a lack of any form of respect or humility (By the majority) across the board is going to bite hard - Any goodwill (if ever there was) has long since gone.

Feel for the good guys though, of which there are a few on here.......

#343 ShedTA

ShedTA
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

its been pretty well covered in the media. Allys basic fault is he cant pick a team nor build one. As for wages then I don't think that is the key driver of our predicament.

eddard can you point me to any mainstream media articles which have actually stated that rangers would run out of money before the end of the season? seems to me from what I have seen on twitter Phil Macgiollabhain is the only one who has been accurately predicting any of this. but of course he is just a mad man who makes stuff up.

Ally is living in a fantasy past.

the wages may not be a key driver but THE key driver is balancing the books. spending on the squad you have is about as far away from that as it is possible to get.

#344 EddardStark

EddardStark
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Not at the moment but there are plenty. Phil is stating the obvious but there are literally hundreds if threads on FF discussing the same thing. Also the board of rangers predicted the very thing to happen earlier this year.Hence a number of bridging loans. Do you remember the campaign by fans re the punitive interest charges and security granted over these loans?

#345 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

Deid yet?

Show a best of class!

Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP