WESTA
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

WESTA

West of Scotland Tartan Army

Georgia –v- Scotland

Euro Qualifier Friday 4 September 2015 at 1800

Proposed Supporters Air Charter

Recognising the travel difficulties in travelling to/from the above match, in particular the fact that Scotland have a home game against Germany on the following Monday, WESTA have liaised with Air Charter firms (ATOL Licence holders) and local transport in Tbilisi with a view to arranging a “Not For Profit” charter flight for this game. The initial details are below.

At this time we are merely seeking ‘registrations of interest’ to guide us as to potential numbers and whether it will ‘fly’. Two differing sizes of aircraft are available to us.

A modest deposit will be required when sufficient numbers are obtained and a payment plan established for those who would prefer to pay in instalments (we are a supporters club after all and we recognise these things).

WESTA have regularly arranged travel for members and their friends, including the chartering of aircraft.

DEPART Glasgow Airport at 0800 Thursday 3 September 2015.

Fly direct to Tbilisi, Georgia (approx. 5hr 20min flight).

On arrival in Tbilisi, met by coaches which will transport to a central meeting point in the City Centre. Passengers should then make their way to their accommodation.

Supporters should book their own accommodation. Our experience has shown that some prefer five star hotels whilst others prefer hostel (it’s your budget, you choose).

On match day, Friday 4 September 2015,  approx. two hours prior to kick off, passengers should rejoin the coaches at the central meeting point for transportation to the game. Drivers will stay with coaches (and luggage).

After the match coaches will transport back to Tbilisi airport to meet our flight returning directly to Glasgow.

Cost inclusive of flights, inflight meals and coach transfers circa £489.

To register interest, send full name, postal address, email address and contact telephone number to the following email address  westageorgia@gmail.com also indicate the number of seats you MAY be interested in. Please only use this email address.

WESTA will keep those registering an interest updated with the amount of interest being shown. By putting this out very early it allows supporters plenty of time to make alternative arrangements if there is insufficient interest.                     Any queries email  westageorgia@gmail.com

Edited by WESTA, 16 March 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#2 Squirrelhumper

Squirrelhumper
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Definitely interested.

#3 France here we come

France here we come
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

As am I.

Can I just clarify that it's scheduled to arrive back in the early hours of the Saturday?

#4 WESTA

WESTA
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

As am I.

Can I just clarify that it's scheduled to arrive back in the early hours of the Saturday?

Yes it is, obviously dependant on when we get away, flight time and time difference - plan would be to arrive back when public transport is getting started.

#5 France here we come

France here we come
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Yes it is, obviously dependant on when we get away, flight time and time difference - plan would be to arrive back when public transport is getting started.

Thank you.

I shall be in touch then

#6 WESTA

WESTA
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

For clarification, this is not restricted to WESTA members.

#7 Grianaig Jacobite

Grianaig Jacobite
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

What charter company are you using? I may be interested.

#8 jock strap

jock strap
  • 8,512 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Could be a goer this for me and the mad ones.

Tad dearer than what I've been looking at but so much saved on convenience. :ok:
Wallace : why am I a traitor when I swear no allegiance to eng**nd ?

#9 rasberryheed

rasberryheed
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

E-Mail sent,  :ok:

www.churchofmaradona-ta.co.uk/

#10 Falkirk till I die

Falkirk till I die
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

E-mail sent, cheers.

Free the Didsbury 1

#11 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Email Sent

#12 FraserM

FraserM
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Email Sent!

#13 QoSFan

QoSFan
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Email Sent

#14 Mark frae Crieff

Mark frae Crieff
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

E-mail sent.  :cheers3:

i believe only Smarties have the answer..............

#15 Squirrelhumper

Squirrelhumper
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Email sent