Photo

Fans' Charter

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 Aarchereie

Aarchereie
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

What is the ATOL number for this trip and who is the Airline please .....

#32 WESTA

WESTA
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

What is the ATOL number for this trip and who is the Airline please .....

PM sent.

#33 Aarchereie

Aarchereie
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

ok ...so thanks for the reply.

First I can assure you that I fully accept that the efforts of WESTA are well intentioned and you mean well . HOWEVER......

I note that you state that " we don't know yet which airline will supply the aircraft . That will be the brokers job to source one " .... I thought you had a choice of a 180 seat or a 235 seat plane ? so why does a broker now need to source one for you ?

In order to help you a little the following have nil availability and would not quote,  Monarch , Thomsons ,Thomas Cook , Jet2 , Flybe , British Airways and various airlines in Holland , Belgium , and France . Titan Airways do have availability at something around £900 -  £1,000 per seat .

There would be NO reputable broker in the UK who would suggest that you would be able to get an aircraft to cover you for this route at £489 per seat   for 3 days in the first week of September , especially with those days being Thursday Friday and Saturday. Any broker with half a knowledge of the market should warn you that this is a very difficult request ... So basically the current status is you have no plane but I guess the promise of a plane from someone who clearly has minimal knowledge of the air charter market at the start of September . The suggestion that they will just find you one is fine if the game was mid November but really seriously at the  start of September its just too risky to be making this promise .  Your price is wonderful but whether it is achievable or not is open to question ...there is no mention of airport tax and air passenger duty ..... I assume you broker has informed you that the combined cost of tax and duty ( this flight falls into the £67 price band ) will be approx. an additional £100 to the seat rate given by your airline .

Now the ATOL .... You say that you are "reluctant to give out the ATOL number of the company we are dealing with at the moment- until such times as we have a final cost per person from them " . You are now taking deposits .... your ATOL holder will tell you that to do this you need to provide an ATOL number . In fact an ATOL holder pays a huge amount for a license and  ATOL holders are ordered by the CAA to give their number to everyone who books a flight . No ATOL holder would ever approve of withholding an ATOL number.... it makes the system pointless !!

As I said at the start I have no doubt that your offer is well intentioned but I do suggest that you source and aircraft ASAP  and provide an ATOL number to go with the offer .

#34 WESTA

WESTA
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

Thank you for this.

We have most of the points in this post covered, but we'll go back to double-check our position and will communicate with all those who have expressed an interest in joining us.

#35 jenblueeyes

jenblueeyes
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

First I can assure you that I fully accept that the efforts of WESTA are well intentioned and you mean well . HOWEVER......

I note that you state that " we don't know yet which airline will supply the aircraft . That will be the brokers job to source one " .... I thought you had a choice of a 180 seat or a 235 seat plane ? so why does a broker now need to source one for you ?

In order to help you a little the following have nil availability and would not quote,  Monarch , Thomsons ,Thomas Cook , Jet2 , Flybe , British Airways and various airlines in Holland , Belgium , and France . Titan Airways do have availability at something around £900 -  £1,000 per seat .

There would be NO reputable broker in the UK who would suggest that you would be able to get an aircraft to cover you for this route at £489 per seat   for 3 days in the first week of September , especially with those days being Thursday Friday and Saturday. Any broker with half a knowledge of the market should warn you that this is a very difficult request ... So basically the current status is you have no plane but I guess the promise of a plane from someone who clearly has minimal knowledge of the air charter market at the start of September . The suggestion that they will just find you one is fine if the game was mid November but really seriously at the  start of September its just too risky to be making this promise .  Your price is wonderful but whether it is achievable or not is open to question ...there is no mention of airport tax and air passenger duty ..... I assume you broker has informed you that the combined cost of tax and duty ( this flight falls into the £67 price band ) will be approx. an additional £100 to the seat rate given by your airline .

Now the ATOL .... You say that you are "reluctant to give out the ATOL number of the company we are dealing with at the moment- until such times as we have a final cost per person from them " . You are now taking deposits .... your ATOL holder will tell you that to do this you need to provide an ATOL number . In fact an ATOL holder pays a huge amount for a license and  ATOL holders are ordered by the CAA to give their number to everyone who books a flight . No ATOL holder would ever approve of withholding an ATOL number.... it makes the system pointless !!

As I said at the start I have no doubt that your offer is well intentioned but I do suggest that you source and aircraft ASAP  and provide an ATOL number to go with the offer .

Can I just remind everyone that we used the same broker to provide a successful day trip to the Faroe Islands?  

Genuinely the most viewed member profile on the TAMB - 16,500 and rising!

#36 dundeelad88

dundeelad88
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

me and 1 maybe 2 others interested in this(have sent email and had response) but after reading the above post and then reading that sport options cant get a plane i think the people organising the charter from WESTA need to get this info posted on here when they get it....

#37 WESTA

WESTA
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

me and 1 maybe 2 others interested in this(have sent email and had response) but after reading the above post and then reading that sport options cant get a plane i think the people organising the charter from WESTA need to get this info posted on here when they get it....

Of course.

And we will.

Any deposits submitted so far are being held by WESTA and have not been passed to a third party.

When we have details and have to hand over a deposit to charter the aircraft, everyone who has paid their deposit will be kept fully informed.

We have re-checked our information and we are comfortable that we are on solid ground and that the charter will go as planned.

#38 dundeelad88

dundeelad88
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

Of course.

And we will.

Any deposits submitted so far are being held by WESTA and have not been passed to a third party.

When we have details and have to hand over a deposit to charter the aircraft, everyone who has paid their deposit will be kept fully informed.

We have re-checked our information and we are comfortable that we are on solid ground and that the charter will go as planned.

my above post wasnt a dig at you guys in anyway as said couple of us interested in this trip.. Just with reading above.

#39 Goozay

Goozay
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Has anyone who has sent an expression of interest to westageorgia@gmail.com NOT received an acknowledgment?

I sent an email this morning but haven't received an acknowledgment.

Have I missed the boat, or plane in this instance?

#40 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

I emailed WESTA a few days ago and got a reply within 10 minutes. The flight is full, but I'm on the reserve list. I've no doubt they'll get back to you soon. 

Whisky, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray, Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae, O whisky, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

#41 Shotts56

Shotts56
  • 938 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Steady on, WESTA have successfully ran charter flights in the past.  Its not like they're new to this game.

I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land.

#42 Padre Andrew

Padre Andrew
  • 737 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Transferred deposit for two on Saturday 29th. Are we on the reserve list?

www.shianquest.com  Fantasy fiction / Scottish folklore. Book 2 - 'Jack Shian and the Mapa Mundi' - was published February 2014. 'Destiny Stone' is due out September 2014. Find the Shian Quest Trilogy on Facebook.

#43 Robroysboy

Robroysboy
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Deposit paid, non profit fans charter ran for the benefit  of the supporters.

I will have some of that thank you very much.

I have no concerns over the validity of this offer and can vouch for the people behind this wonderfull event.

SportOptions and Thomson Sports travel must be shitting themselves!

:ok:

https://www.youtube....h?v=0PcpeiJsADM

Alba GU Brath, vote YES.

#44 Mark frae Crieff

Mark frae Crieff
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Deposit paid, non profit fans charter ran for the benefit  of the supporters.

I will have some of that thank you very much.

I have no concerns over the validity of this offer and can vouch for the people behind this wonderfull event.

SportOptions and Thomson Sports travel must be shitting themselves!

:ok:

i think one of their number have posted... I too have paid my deposit and have total faith in this en devour. If not we get our monies back whats to loose??

Though i am struggling to work out how they will get the carry oot for approx 250 thirsty travelers  :cheers3:  :beer2:

Edited by Mark frae Crieff, 31 March 2014 - 01:00 PM.

i believe only Smarties have the answer..............

#45 Shotts56

Shotts56
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, in the good old days you could just take your carry-out through security.  Now you can't, and you have to be creative at the duty frees and getting bottles of coke from WH Smith. 

I don't think there's anywhere airside at Glasgow Airport that sells cans/bottles of lager to take away, is there ?

I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land.