Photo

Rabo Direct Pro 2012, Season 2012-13

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#31 biffer

biffer
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Pity about the Glasgow bonus points but six wins out of seven is excellent.  Good to see Edinburgh win as well, even if scraping past Zebre at home and missing out narrowly on the bonus point.  The games in the international breaks are always going to be difficult, though.

There's only one game in the November break this year. Edinburgh are away at Ulster, where we'd expect a kicking, but they will have been hit worse than us by international call ups, so you never know. Glasgow have the Dragqueens at home, should beat them comfortably even without the internationals.

I awoke in the night with a fever .....

#32 thewolf_1980

thewolf_1980
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

Good wins for both Glasgow and Edinburgh last night. Edinburgh in particular absolutely thumped Connacht.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

#33 Duncan Blackheart

Duncan Blackheart
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Good wins for both Glasgow and Edinburgh last night. Edinburgh in particular absolutely thumped Connacht.

Aye - seems to be like edinburgh got stronger in the last 15. Glasgow's win was good. 17 unanswered points (or something) after going behind. Hope Lamont not too injured.
All imbeciles are more or less Thompsons from Sunderland.

#34 biffer

biffer
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Connacht heads went down in the last ten and edinburgh took advantage. Good to see.

#35 biffer

biffer
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

Great win for Edinburgh tonight. Always an achievement to beat any Leinster team, no matter what the selection.

Glasgow game called off for Warthogs and high winds

#36 biffer

biffer
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

Edinburgh's first win in Newport since 2006 last night. Matt Scott seemed to be the difference between the two sides, although another useless Irish ref tried his best to give it to the home side.

#37 thewolf_1980

thewolf_1980
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Excellent bonus point win for the Warriors against Treviso last night (first BP win of the season, remarkably) despite a few players being out. Munster and Treviso (away) and Ulster, Embra and Zebre (home) left so I'm quietly confident of securing the play off spot...
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

#38 Deedee

Deedee
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

I was there last night. My ears have almost recovered from the noise of the pa system  :blink:

Can you hear Talvin Singh?

#39 Pool Q

Pool Q
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

My wife keeps on buying me a season ticket for Edinburgh. I've asked her not to, but she keeps on doing it.
8 bars on the piano

#40 TartanTeddy

TartanTeddy
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

After a disappointing afternoon at the fitba, an absolutely stunning result for Glasgow at Thormond tonight!!

Looking good for a return to the playoffs!!   :ok:

TT

Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers. Bill Struth (1875 - 1956)

#41 biffer

biffer
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

Yeah great win for Glasgow. Not many go to Thomond and win, and by 17 points as well. Looking good for no welsh teams in the playoff. It's always nice to laugh at the welsh.

#42 dan cake

dan cake
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Is it right Edinburgh are going to be playing all their games at meggetland and boroughmuir have applied for permission to install another 1400 seats? Not a rugby punter just a concerned resident

the club with no shame

#43 biffer

biffer
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Is it right Edinburgh are going to be playing all their games at meggetland and boroughmuir have applied for permission to install another 1400 seats? Not a rugby punter just a concerned resident

They're playing the last game of the season v Munster there and putting in temporary seating. Not sure about the future.

#44 dan cake

dan cake
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

They're playing the last game of the season v Munster there and putting in temporary seating. Not sure about the future.

Might go for a pint in the canalside this afternoon and see what the bar staff have heard

Beautiful sunny day in this part of the capital

the club with no shame

#45 biffer

biffer
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Might go for a pint in the canalside this afternoon and see what the bar staff have heard
Beautiful sunny day in this part of the capital

When I say not sure about the future, Edinburgh rugby aren't sure what they're doing themselves yet. Anything else you might hear is just speculation at the moment.

I think in a few years time Edinburgh will go to Accies redeveloped ground in Stockbridge.