Photo

Stuart Hogg

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Hertsscot

Hertsscot
  • 901 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

What goes on through people's heads? I think we're going to to get absolutely thumped because of Hogg's madness.

#2 thewelk

thewelk
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Red cards completely warp a rugby match. We're looking at a double figure number of tries here.

#3 COLT NY

COLT NY
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

It that had been Owen Farrell he'd have just been told to get his timing right next time.

Red cards in rugby invariably seem to be given against the "weaker" side. I can't think of any example of that not being the case.

Aye

#4 Hertsscot

Hertsscot
  • 901 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

Red cards in rugby always seem to have a disproportionate effect, in football you just reorganise, take off an attacker and hit the opposition on the break.  Doesn't seem to work like that in rugby.

#5 DonnyTJS

DonnyTJS
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

It that had been Owen Farrell he'd have just been told to get his timing right next time.

Red cards in rugby invariably seem to be given against the "weaker" side. I can't think of any example of that not being the case.

Bollocks, can't get the link to work. Any road Wales v France, World Cup semi-final 2011, Sam Warburton (Wales captain) sent off with an hour to go. Wales lose by one point.

Edited by DonnyTJS, 15 March 2014 - 04:00 PM.

"Agencies are attempting to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself." Glenn Greenwald.

#6 thewelk

thewelk
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

I think it looked a hell of a lot worse in that dramatic slow motion camera angle. That plus the reaction of the crowd influenced the ref. Biggar didn't look that bad a minute later.

Anyway, now getting completely spanked by England's mini-me.

#7 Rossy

Rossy
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Hmm. Hogg was a fool and was deservedly red carded.

However, with 5 minutes to go in the Italy game, Farrell grabbed an Italian player by the throat from behind and threw him backwards....far more dangerous than Hogg's rash jump.

Farrell was merely warned. 

I also have my doubts that a Welsh player would have been red-carded for the challenge that Hogg made.

Please don't argue back about this as I am 100% correct.

#8 Rossy

Rossy
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

Can I just add that I f*cking hate the Welsh, and that immensly irritating wee c**t Jonathan Davies.

Please don't argue back about this as I am 100% correct.

#9 redstevie007

redstevie007
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Can I just add that I f*cking hate the Welsh, and that immensly irritating wee c**t Jonathan Davies.

:ok:
'The future of a country is safe in the hands of those to whom her past is dear' - William Ralf Inge
Sola Virtus Nobilitat

#10 Hertsscot

Hertsscot
  • 901 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

I also have my doubts that a Welsh player would have been red-carded for the challenge that Hogg made.

Unfortunately that's true for football as well, just emphasises the importance of keeping a cool head when the home crowd is (justifiably) going to be upset about one of their players being taken out and putting pressure on the ref

#11 thewelk

thewelk
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

I've never really held a lot of affection for them. Can't really explain why.

And this constant cutting from the game to bottle blonde hags in the crowd isn't helping much.

#12 COLT NY

COLT NY
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

This.

I stopped watching after the red card. Can't abide losing to the Welsh, they'll be lapping it up as if it means something.

Aye

#13 COLT NY

COLT NY
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Bollocks, can't get the link to work. Any road Wales v France, World Cup semi-final 2011, Sam Warburton (Wales captain) sent off with an hour to go. Wales lose by one point.

In fairness to the Welsh that performance was from another planet.

NZ are/were undoubtedly a stronger team, and the point I was making is that the stronger team (or the favourites to win ahead of the game, if you like) never gets a player red carded.

Scotland get referee decisions against them more often than most, for sure. It's been that way since we stopped had any active top class referees.

Edited by COLT NY, 15 March 2014 - 04:32 PM.

Aye

#14 thewelk

thewelk
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Luckily that 3 points was put on the board early on...

#15 DonnyTJS

DonnyTJS
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

NZ are/were undoubtedly a stronger team, and the point I was making is that the stronger team (or the favourites to win ahead of the game, if you like) never gets a player red carded.

I know what you're saying but it was against France (who'd struggled in the pool stages) not NZ and Wales were the stronger team.

"Agencies are attempting to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself." Glenn Greenwald.