Photo

Offensive T-Shirt?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 SHUGMAGLUMFER

SHUGMAGLUMFER
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:38 PM

Refused entry to pub on Saturday for Eng v Ita game on grounds I was wearing an  ABE t-shirt that "somebody might find offensive".I was told by the steward to cover it up and still wear my kagoul(It was raining outside hence the jacket).I did so reluctantly but was not about to zip it up.Nobody thought it was offensive when asked.They were still able to see it.Watched the game slowly poaching.Plenty of folk shouting for eng though.....

#2 ibelieve!!!

ibelieve!!!
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

Should of told them to ram it and taken your custom elsewhere!!
We have a dream..............................

#3 EddardStark

EddardStark
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

What city where you in?

#4 iainmac1

iainmac1
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

I wore mine out on the sat nigh just like 4 years ago. No problems at all.
diegosta.com

#5 Ormond

Ormond
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Refused entry to pub on Saturday for Eng v Ita game on grounds I was wearing an  ABE t-shirt that "somebody might find offensive".I was told by the steward to cover it up and still wear my kagoul(It was raining outside hence the jacket).I did so reluctantly but was not about to zip it up.Nobody thought it was offensive when asked.They were still able to see it.Watched the game slowly poaching.Plenty of folk shouting for eng though.....

It wasn't the Louden Tavern was it?  :wink2:

Rise now and be a nation again...... Vote Yes.

#6 wembley67lisbon

wembley67lisbon
  • 10,335 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Was this in Scotland?

#7 France here we come

France here we come
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Most pubs would refuse to let you in while wearing something football related.

#8 McTeeko

McTeeko
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

Most pubs would refuse to let you in while wearing something football related.

No during a World Cup though with all their flags, posters etc trying to get people in.

Scotland 'away' record - P30, W5, D3, L22, F15, A56.

#9 France here we come

France here we come
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

No during a World Cup though with all their flags, posters etc trying to get people in.

I think you'd be surprised.

Having a t shirt with "anyone but England" does have the potential to cause trouble among some people so it's understandable that some pubs want to avoid it.

#10 Boynze

Boynze
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Kagoul, brilliant.

#11 nek

nek
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

i got in with my suarez uruguay top no bother on friday night and was actually rewarded with several pints!  :beer2:

how do you know which cows on holiday? the one with the wee calf

#12 SHUGMAGLUMFER

SHUGMAGLUMFER
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

Kirkcaldy.Don't want to mention the pub just in case.Tried to go back to the first place we were in at the first half but we were told by the stewards it was full up,Do not want to cause trouble and look on it as just banter.

#13 SHUGMAGLUMFER

SHUGMAGLUMFER
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Kagoul, brilliant.

Boynze - get the spelling right did I?It was either that or "pacamac"

#14 George Saint

George Saint
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

It's not offensive, but it's somewhat pathetic. Why would you want to wear a t-shirt like that? :blink: Just support Scotland and don't worry about what England are doing. :ok:

In Roy we trust

#15 Flora MaDonald

Flora MaDonald
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

i got in with my suarez uruguay top no bother on friday night and was actually rewarded with several pints!  :beer2:

I would have thought you'd have been more of risk than, Shug - gan aboot biting folk. :wink2: