Photo

Usa V Germany

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Big Col

Big Col
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

the soccer fans will be all confused at how Team USA failed to score a touchdown but they are through to the next round.

Edited by Big Col, 26 June 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#17 JPM

JPM
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

Well, if some of you choose to read newspapers you'd discover that US tv viewership is thru the roof for the US World Cup games.

Town squares are packed out for large screen broadcasts from Washington, D.C. to Kansas City and bars in Brooklyn are packed to the gunnels.

#18 Ormond

Ormond
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

Well, if some of you choose to read newspapers you'd discover that US tv viewership is thru the roof for the US World Cup games.

Town squares are packed out for large screen broadcasts from Washington, D.C. to Kansas City and bars in Brooklyn are packed to the gunnels.

Absolute bedlam here. Anywhere you look or listen to it's rammed at you. It's quite a sight to see the Yanks like this over fitba'.

Rise now and be a nation again...... Vote Yes.

#19 Toepoke

Toepoke
  • 12,798 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

"I believe that we will win,

I believe that we will win,

I believe that we will win,

I believe that we will win"...

:wtf:

#20 Wibble

Wibble
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

Absolute bedlam here. Anywhere you look or listen to it's rammed at you. It's quite a sight to see the Yanks like this over fitba'.

... and that's just your lavvie!

Mair paper!    :wave:

'Be sure to wear, some flour in your hair,' - Fanny Craddock TA

#21 Wibble

Wibble
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

I bet the hierarchy of FIFA are creamin' their kecks on this - will we have 30-second 'time-outs' in every game in future for the ad breaks?   :blink:

#22 Ormond

Ormond
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

... and that's just your lavvie!

Mair paper!    :wave:

Right, that's you and Mr. Strap in trouble from the Missus when she sees you in September. She's a Yank.  :-))

#23 Wibble

Wibble
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

Right, that's you and Mr. Strap in trouble from the Missus when she sees you in September. She's a Yank:-))

Met loads of them in France in '98 - and sent them homewards, tae invade again.

Bring it on!  (JS made me post this, BTW!) :blink:

#24 phart

phart
  • 19,762 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

A guy on a podcast i heard was commenting how he's out driving and every bar is crammed when US is playing.

I do not see in religion the mystery of the incarnation so much as the mystery of the social order. It introduces into the thought of heaven an idea of equalization, which saves the rich from being massacred by the poor.

#25 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

Watching the World Cup for the past few days in New York and Orlando and the Yanks are certainly up for it. ESPN coverage is very good with Van Niselroy, Roberto Martinez and a few others.

#26 Ormond

Ormond
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:20 AM

Watching the World Cup for the past few days in New York and Orlando and the Yanks are certainly up for it. ESPN coverage is very good with Van Niselroy, Roberto Martinez and a few others.

Martinez is brilliant. Very likeable guy and Lalas is good as the American sidekick. I actually don't mind listening to Steve McManaman commentating too. He tells it like it is and doesn't sugar coat the pish England side.

#27 scoobydoo

scoobydoo
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:51 AM

The US have sold more tickets for the world cup than any other country, bar brazil. I think it was the same in South Africa too. Obviously some of those will be there to watch their mother country but it is a bit ignorant to say there is no interest and the ones who do watch have no idea what is going on.

#28 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

The US have sold more tickets for the world cup than any other country, bar brazil. I think it was the same in South Africa too. Obviously some of those will be there to watch their mother country but it is a bit ignorant to say there is no interest and the ones who do watch have no idea what is going on.

Interesting view on Untied airlines magazine saying Rooney is England's star player - Good player, but not as good as England think he is.

#29 Auld_Reekie

Auld_Reekie
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

There does seem to have been a turnaround in how the US fans look at football. As good a support from them as I've seen. Some incredible photos of fans in cities in the states. And while they arent the most appealing football side, I think they've looked pretty respectable and I think last nights team had 7 MLS players in the starting eleven which is pretty good for a league that's constantly slated.

I Believe That We Will Win is surely better than Yew Ess Aaa?!

At least they're a bit more animated these days.

#30 Ormond

Ormond
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

Soldier Field, the Bears ground is to host Chicago's next live party for the Belgium game.