Photo

World Cup Final - Germany V Argentina

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#31 Scouse Eddie

Scouse Eddie
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Mon the Argies just love the passion the fans and players have for their country.

It looks like Messi / Masc and passion v the German machine 

Today we have got the truth tomorrow we want Justice for the 96.

#32 Kirk

Kirk
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Mascherano has been outstanding, much better player in his real position. Hope Argentina can do it but can't really see it.
Alba gu Brath

#33 McTeeko

McTeeko
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Still no luck with tickets, even had calls from The Record and The Sun wanting to hear our story after a few tweets went viral.

Had a wander up near the Maracana earlier however all surrounding roads blocked meaning we can't even get close. Heading out again now but feared to wander far from our apt (and wifi!) in case anything turns up.

Edited by McTeeko, 13 July 2014 - 03:16 PM.

Scotland 'away' record - P30, W5, D3, L22, F15, A56.

#34 in5omniac

in5omniac
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Good luck to you!

2014 marathons: Belfast, Loch Ness, Yorkshire

#35 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,335 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

I'd love to see Messi with a winners medal BUT this time I'm going to be selfish as I'd LOVE us to beat the world champions in Germany a week and a bit before the referendum... what a bounce that'd be! 

I do think, however, that Germany are the better team and will win. I think by a couple of goals. (better get a few £s on that!)

Signatures are gay

#36 Orraloon

Orraloon
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

I think Argentina can defend well enough to get a draw. Then it's a case of can Messi weave a wee bit of magic to sneak a goal? Although they do have other very good players capable of winning games for them. If Germany concentrate too much on Messi he might just create enough space for some of their other talented players to take advantage. I think Argentina will sneak it but only just, maybe on penalties. So you might as well get your money on 3-0  to Germany. :lol:  

#37 daddybuc16

daddybuc16
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

BUT this time I'm going to be selfish as I'd LOVE us to beat the world champions in Germany a week and a bit before the referendum... what a bounce that'd be! 

No going to happen, The germans will beat us out there.

#38 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Mon the Argies just love the passion the fans and players have for their country.

Totally. Maradona always made a point of stressing that playing for Argentina meant more to him than any club side. Only Scottish player I can think of who's said something vaguely similar is Denis Law. 

Whisky, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray, Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae, O whisky, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

#39 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,271 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

I'd say McFadden and Fletcher would fall into that category.

Let 2014 be the start of a better Scotland.

#40 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

Quite possibly, yes, I'm just referring to players who have explicitly stated it. Obviously, for players still playing it would be a much harder/dodgier thing to say. 

Whisky, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray, Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae, O whisky, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

#41 Mee

Mee
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Fifa throwing a curve ball by kicking off at 8pm when every other recent games been 9.

Wonder how many people that will catch out!

#42 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

Fifa throwing a curve ball by kicking off at 8pm when every other recent games been 9.

Wonder how many people that will catch out!

Very, very nearly caught me out! If I hadn't - by total chance - stumbled across the kick-off time on the BBC's sport site I wouldn't have turned on the TV till 8:30!

#43 Orraloon

Orraloon
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

Christian Dailly also

#44 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,335 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

When did Rio Ferdinand start working for EasyJet?

Signatures are gay

#45 Khana Lagur

Khana Lagur
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

Totally. Maradona always made a point of stressing that playing for Argentina meant more to him than any club side. Only Scottish player I can think of who's said something vaguely similar is Denis Law. 

i can remember during Burley's era Craig Gordon saying something along the lines of looking back when his careere was finished and seeing his Scotland caps as his greatest achievement as a player. Not his exact words, but that was the sentiment.