Photo

Player Of Tournament Shortlist

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 daddybuc16

daddybuc16
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

Quite true just  think Man Utd who are  a wee pishy diddy team :-))

They were last year.

#17 sbcmfc

sbcmfc
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

I couldn't have picked him out a line up 4 weeks ago if I'm honest. Knew the name, but if I've seen him play, I didn't remember him.
I want to do a poo at Paul's!!

#18 Replay

Replay
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

Obviously not player of the tournament, as he only played 3 games, but I thought Pjanic of Bosnia was one of the best players from the group stage. If he'd been in a better team that had progressed further, he would have been on the short list.

#19 gracie

gracie
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

the dutch back 3 have been solid. de vrij stands out and vlaar has been a real surprise.

If hummels shuts out the argies or scores he's got to be up there.

#20 Orraloon

Orraloon
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Rodriguez for me two. Outstanding

Aye, me too. I would have had Marquez in there as well. Might have won it, if he had still been in the tournament a bit longer if Robben had dived ...............AGAIN.

#21 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

David luiz?

For a second there, I thought I'd misread the article, and you were expressing surprise that he'd actually been nominated   :-))

Whisky, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray, Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae, O whisky, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

#22 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Young player of tournament, haven't seen france play so can't comment on the two players they have. But depay? Really?

Until yesterday, he'd completely slipped under my radar, and I've watched every Dutch game. Baffling choice. 

Whisky, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray, Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae, O whisky, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

#23 Goozay

Goozay
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

I thought Rodriguez disappointed against Brazil, I know they kicked him but I felt that really got to him and a better player like Messi would have risen above it.

Lets see what happens tonight but I reckon Neuer could be in with a shout.

#24 dandydunn

dandydunn
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Messi wins it.

Bizarre doesn't even come close to that choice.
I wouldn't say I'm the best guy you will ever meet,But I'm defiantely in the top 1

#25 thewelk

thewelk
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

Messi wins it.

Probably because he was there already. They didn't need to pay the bus fair and waste a match ticket on one of the other ones.

#26 Orraloon

Orraloon
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Messi wins it.

I think he was embarrassed to get it.

#27 Mee

Mee
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

Sponsored by Adidas wasn't it

#28 Al1978

Al1978
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Obviously not player of the tournament, as he only played 3 games, but I thought Pjanic of Bosnia was one of the best players from the group stage. If he'd been in a better team that had progressed further, he would have been on the short list.

He was outstanding against Argentina. Shame they didn't go through. 

#29 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Messi wins it.

Am am being ridiculous/paranoid to suggest that making him climb the steps to receive that 'award' was an act of Brazilian-influenced GIRFUY?