Photo

Game Date - Any Update?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DeeRus

DeeRus
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

When the fixtures were announced, Croatia was provisionally given as Friday the 7th of June, with an agreement of a 21.00 KO.

Didn't both FA's say they wanted to bring it forward due to the gap between the end of the leagues and this date?

Am I right and if so, has anyone heard anything about this?

#2 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

You are right.

I've not heard anything about it since then though.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#3 swarrander

swarrander
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

i e mailed the sfa about this last week and was advised that discussions are still ongoing. the problem from the supporters point of view is that flights will be on sale in approx 10 weeks time. if this situation is not resolved by then what do we as supporters do, wait until such times as it is resolved, which to be honest could be any time, and then pay inflated prices for flights. once again the fans are the last to be considered. cant see what the issue is, if we are both free on the 4th then play the game on the 4th. its a no brainer for me.

Edited by swarrander, 08 April 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#4 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Where you gonna book flights to in 10 weeks time though?

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#5 Shotts56

Shotts56
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

They announced ages ago it was going to be in Split. We just don't know when yet.
I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land.

#6 hannibal smith

hannibal smith
  • 7,112 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

They announced ages ago it was going to be in Split. We just don't know when yet.

have they announced that? i missed it

Running a Loch Ness Marathon for the Sunshine Appeal  https://mydonate.bt..../alasdairsmith1

www.faircitytartanarmy.com

#7 tartanpar

tartanpar
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

No they never. It was just newspaper talk but nothing was ever officially confirmed from the Croatian FA.

It was the same again in 2013 but hopefully the Black can get a bit closer in 2014!

#8 swarrander

swarrander
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Where you gonna book flights to in 10 weeks time though?

zagreb, use it as base and then if need to get anywhere else then train / bus / car

Edited by swarrander, 09 April 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#9 Derek

Derek
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

zagreb, use it as base and then if need to get anywhere else then train / bus / car

Went from Split - Zagreb a few years back on the double header with San Marino. Took about 8 hours on the bus. Wouldn't fancy doing that again.

#10 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,087 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

Internal transport within Croatia is not the greatest, and to do a few 100 km's takes a life time (also you will find that there may only be 2 or 3 trains a day to most the possible locations for the game).

We did a tour of Zagreb and I asked the guide about travel by road to other cities, and he said Zagreb to Split can take anything between 6 and 8 hours.
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#11 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Went from Split - Zagreb a few years back on the double header with San Marino. Took about 8 hours on the bus. Wouldn't fancy doing that again.

I was looking at staying in Split and if the game was in Zagreb flying there and back.

Wasn't that expensive and the times are very good.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#12 McToot

McToot
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hoping to go to Dubrovnik for a week with maybe a few days in Montenegro as well. From there flights are reasonable to Zagreb or we'll probably get bus or drive if it's Split.

Thought there were some stories from the Crotian FA before, although not confirming, saying it was likely 2 games in Zagreb, 2 in Split and the last somewhere else?

#13 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,087 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thought there were some stories from the Crotian FA before, although not confirming, saying it was likely 2 games in Zagreb, 2 in Split and the last somewhere else?

That came from a Croatian sports newspaper that said Serbia and Macedonia games would be in Zagreb (with the Serbia game for home fans only), us and Belgium in Split and the Welsh in a town a few hours drive from Zagreb near the Hungarian border.
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#14 Flure

Flure
  • 22,966 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Internal transport within Croatia is not the greatest, and to do a few 100 km's takes a life time (also you will find that there may only be 2 or 3 trains a day to most the possible locations for the game).

We did a tour of Zagreb and I asked the guide about travel by road to other cities, and he said Zagreb to Split can take anything between 6 and 8 hours.

I was thinking of taking a villa on the coast. If the game is in Zagreb, do you know what the helicopter hire market is like?

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com

#15 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

I was thinking of taking a villa on the coast. If the game is in Zagreb, do you know what the helicopter hire market is like?

+1 please.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI