London Pub For Rangers V Celtic On Sunday

Old Firm Game Live in HD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Freedom1314

Freedom1314
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

If your in London this weekend and fancy watching the Old Firm game live this Sunday with a mixed crowd of both fans and neutrals then make your way to The George Orwell on Essex Road.

With two large HD Screens, warm and friendly staff, plenty comfy viewing sofas, and a fantastic selection of drinks we are a great choice for any live sporting occasion.

Sunday 25th March | SPL | Rangers v Celtic | Kick-Off 1pm | Doors open Midday |

Would expect a bit of banter and plenty cheering for this fixture which should be an exciting game. Will be a mixed crowd though so if real hatred or bigotry is your bag then there are lots of other exclusively Celtic or Rangers boozers in London.

For further info or table bookings contact mark@thegeorgeorwell.com 07958 971847

Cheers

Mark

The George Orwell Free House
382 Essex Road
London
N1 3PF
07958 971847
Email: mark@thegeorgeorwell.com
www.facebook.com/thegeorgeorwell
www.thegeorgeorwell.com

#2 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

Hello mark,

You might want to post this on the general football forum, as the majority of people here (Me included) I don't give a whit about the Old Firm.

You might get a better reaction there.

Edited by SlayerX, 21 March 2012 - 02:40 AM.

I came, I saw, I conquered. ~ Julius Caesar

#3 DavyP

DavyP
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

as the majority of people here (Me included) I don't give a whit about the Old Firm.

You get my vote for quote of the year Slayer :ok:
Thank feck nobody has knicked the rail lines out of Greenock

#4 j b lyons

j b lyons
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Try the Rob Roy at Paddington - sure of a 'warm' welcome from the locals there :blink: :shocked:
One of the 'Sittingbourne 2'
Sporran Legion Special Envoy to Eng***d
Engaged on 'missionary work'

#5 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

You get my vote for quote of the year Slayer :ok:

*doths cap*

Thank you very much.
I came, I saw, I conquered. ~ Julius Caesar

#6 Freedom1314

Freedom1314
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

Try the Rob Roy at Paddington - sure of a 'warm' welcome from the locals there :blink: :shocked:

Always a warm welcome at The George Orwell from staff and locals alike. Im sure the Rob Roy will also be screening it and would be another good option that side of toon. I got a healthy amount of enquiries for the old firm game last December from people who had previously seen Scotland games at the pub but we had a party already booked in and couldnt screen it. Just wanted to let folks know we will for sure be screening the fixture this time. Its not that easy to find a pub here that you know is going to get fully behind the game unless its either a Celtic or Rangers club, so have also pointed out we are neither so people are aware of that. Ive realised now I posted this on the wrong forum but at least its out there and other people know of a place in London to watch the game in all its glory and it wont be switched over at half-time for some english game, or the volume turned off or such which I have experienced myself down here.

#7 thepaisleypanda

thepaisleypanda
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

a place in London to watch the game in all its glory and it wont be switched over at half-time for some english game, or the volume turned off or such which I have experienced myself down here.

That would swell the crowd in your pub actually!!! :wave:

#8 WillfaeSwindon

WillfaeSwindon
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Any chance of moving the pub a wee bit closer to Wembley on Sunday? :)
Jobs we should have chosen #1: Oligarch's wife.

London Scottish AFC - More history than the MK Dons!
www.londonscottishfc.com also add us on Facebook!!!

I want to go for a swim!