Photo

Hampden Parking

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 hannibal smith

hannibal smith
  • 7,111 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

driving through to Hampden on sunday which is a bit of a novelty, anyone got any good places to park?

Running a Loch Ness Marathon for the Sunshine Appeal  https://mydonate.bt..../alasdairsmith1

www.faircitytartanarmy.com

#2 ek_celt

ek_celt
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Where are you coming from? Coming down from EK I always park next to the TA hall just after the mini roundabout on Aikenhead Road, it's easy to get away if you're heading out towards EK
Bzzzz, on 06 December 2012 - 10:37 AM, said: Cannae deny it, we'll done Lennon & Celtic.

#3 Parklife

Parklife
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

driving through to Hampden on sunday which is a bit of a novelty, anyone got any good places to park?

Away from the Tims, they'll nick yer wheels.

#4 ek_celt

ek_celt
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Away from the Tims, they'll nick yer wheels.

Wee Timmy "Watch yer car mister?"

hannibal smith "No, the Alsation in the back will watch it!"

Wee Timmy "Can yer dug pit oot fires, mister?"
Bzzzz, on 06 December 2012 - 10:37 AM, said: Cannae deny it, we'll done Lennon & Celtic.

#5 hannibal smith

hannibal smith
  • 7,111 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Where are you coming from? Coming down from EK I always park next to the TA hall just after the mini roundabout on Aikenhead Road, it's easy to get away if you're heading out towards EK

heading from Perth

Running a Loch Ness Marathon for the Sunshine Appeal  https://mydonate.bt..../alasdairsmith1

#6 hannibal smith

hannibal smith
  • 7,111 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

:-)) maybe i might get the bus

#7 Huddersfield

Huddersfield
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I went there for the Springsteen concert a couple of years back & there was parking for about £5 or so at Queen's Park rec. It took me bloody hours though to get away & up to the M74.

#8 Parklife

Parklife
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

:lol: :ok:

I always make sure i have coins when i park at Hampden now. Ended up having to give some wee bassa a fiver before :lol:

#9 ek_celt

ek_celt
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

TBH I've never ever been asked at Hampden. Around Celtic Park is different though, it's unusual not to get asked but it's usually fecking junkies these days instead of weans. Some of them even have hi-vis jackets :lol:

#10 hannibal smith

hannibal smith
  • 7,111 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Some of them even have hi-vis jackets :lol:

really? :-))

#11 ek_celt

ek_celt
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

really? :-))

Yip :-))

Edited by ek_celt, 13 April 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#12 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

We normally park on the council field behind ASDA, you can get to it straight off Polmadie rd. Usually 5

#13 sbcmfc

sbcmfc
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

TBH I've never ever been asked at Hampden. Some of them even have hi-vis jackets :lol:

U ever driven in to old Trafford? From about 5 miles from ground there's boys on hi viz jackets waving you into the "official" car park
:lol:

Glasgow indoor bowling club have a big car park, a bar, and a restaurant, and have FINALLY started letting the public in! If you have a bus, phone ahead, but I think they are letting you park for a couple of pounds???
I want to do a poo at Paul's!!