Newcastle & Surrounding Area

Meeting Up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Johnnyshaker

Johnnyshaker
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Just wondering if any of the Tambers based in and around Newcastle, Sunderland, etc fancied meeting up for a pint or two sometime in the next few weeks or maybe sometime over the summer? I know there's a few on here from various lift discussions for matches down the years.

Note: Not sure if this thread is best in here or TA Specific, so could one of the mods move it if they fell it's more relevant.

Cheers

Edited by Johnnyshaker, 02 May 2012 - 01:04 PM.

Former Persona: john_in_ecosse | Former Location: Aberdeen via Elgin | Twitter: @johnmcgettrick

#2 craigmc

craigmc
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'd certainly be up for meeting up to watch the next match, where you living? I'm in Heworth...

#3 Johnnyshaker

Johnnyshaker
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm in Wallsend mate, work in town though. I'd be up for meeting to watch some of the Euros of anyone else fancies it as well?

Former Persona: john_in_ecosse | Former Location: Aberdeen via Elgin | Twitter: @johnmcgettrick

#4 craigmc

craigmc
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

You get up to many home games? It's a wonder there isn't a bus round this way there used to be loads of Scots every game in the old Sports Cafe...

#5 Johnnyshaker

Johnnyshaker
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

Aye I generally go to all the home qualifiers, I gave the midweek ones against Liechtenstein & the like a miss due to work but went to the Spain one. U?

#6 craigmc

craigmc
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

I only did Spain and Leichenstein last time round - not a member of SSC. Do you normally drive up/get the train?

#7 Johnnyshaker

Johnnyshaker
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Drive up and stay over for the old saturday games, probably do the same for the Friday night ones this time round. I've a mate from Abdn who lives in South Shields so we both head and meet a few others.

#8 craigmc

craigmc
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Ah sweet, I work in Shields. Gimme a shout next qualifiers if you're going up and are looking for someone to split petrol with...