Kraków - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kraków

wheres the pies

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Large group of us there Sunday and Monday, then I am back on Wednesday for one night before Ryanair flight back to Edinburgh on the Thursday.

Arranged a Polish Folk Night dinner for the Sunday night (meal with a traditional dance and song show for 15 of us) and doing Auschwitz on the Monday before train up to Warsaw at night.

Doing Saltmines on the Thursday.

Large group of us there Sunday and Monday, then I am back on Wednesday for one night before Ryanair flight back to Edinburgh on the Thursday.

Arranged a Polish Folk Night dinner for the Sunday night (meal with a traditional dance and song show for 15 of us) and doing Auschwitz on the Monday before train up to Warsaw at night.

Spoke to Flure about this in Dortmund. If you haven't already, could you count me and my good lady in for thie Sunday night. cherrs

Spoke to Flure about this in Dortmund. If you haven't already, could you count me and my good lady in for thie Sunday night. cherrs

Flure asked me for another 2/3 last week, so might be you. No problem, on list.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Krakow is a great city, far nicer than Warsaw in my opinion

The people are nicer too, lot of rude people in warsaw, for the amount of low wages etc there is a definatly a band of people of think they are upper class to the normal folk, just cause they have a decent office job they think there are something better, never seen that once in Krakow, I love going there and id be happy if our office in warsaw closed and they moved us there :D

Anybody know if there is a bar that will show our Georgia game on Saturday?

I arrive on Saturday, and up to Warsaw on Monday. Probably do Saltmine on Sunday.

there is a sports bar and an english bar both just off the main square that definatly show sky sports, let me find out the names

Anybody know if there is a bar that will show our Georgia game on Saturday?

I arrive on Saturday, and up to Warsaw on Monday. Probably do Saltmine on Sunday.

This bar will have it on: http://www.irishmbassy.com/%C2'> good beer and food :ok:

There's also a bar called Roosters (very central) which show lots of live sport.

Might make a wee jaunt to Krakow for the Georgia game.

we are heading across on the Wednesday morning and then on the ryanair flight back to edinburgh as well late on Thursday

interested in doing the Auschwitz tour, anyone know a good place to book it through and how long it takes?

Krakow is a great place wish the game was being played there.

Oscar Schindlers factory has been converted into an museum space, costs to get in but not too pricy. Charts the lead up to the start of WW2 right through to the end and the onset of the communist regime so it not just about the factory or the Jewish workers. Loads in it and could take 2 / 3 hours to go around. 20 minutes walk from the main square over the river. There's also the last remaining part of the Jewish ghetto wall close by.

It's the office block of the factory that was converted, the space to the rear is now part of the gallery of modern art - each to their own and all that but I found the gallery to be a waste of time and money.

Someone above mentioned the Salt mines - we did this as a day trip with Auschwitz in the morning then onto the mines, would have been better in my opinion doing these on different days but time didn't permit. Auschwitz 1+2 - guess everyone should go at some point if they can. Camp 1 has more in it to see in terms of exhibits, some folk in the group we went with didn't visit the second camp not sure why.

Only disappointing aspect of Krakow was not getting to see Cracovia - their game was getting played behind closed doors when I was there.