Photo

Battlefield Band - Live In Vaduz

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Rich NATA

Rich NATA
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Anyone in Vaduz on Eve of the match?

I was looking at the Liechtenstein FA's website to get an indication of kick-off time and found this...

http://www.lfv.li/no...news[backPid]=3

Google translation...

Scottish folk legend Battlefield Band live in Vaduz Konzert as match warm-up during the game against Scotland

The mood for the match against Scotland on 8 October 2011 have prepared the LFV and the TAK special: An open-air concert in the town square Vaduz on the eve of the international match will be cheering Scotland and Liechtenstein fans together. A guest is the legendary Battlefield Band from Glasgow, einheizt for 40 years fans from all over the world musically powerful.

Match match with live music
The TAK-audience knows the legendary Battlefield Band already an overwhelming musical experience in the last season in the TAK. Now the Scottish folk legend, a guest on the eve of soccer match against Scotland again in the Principality of Liechtenstein. In the context of cooperation between the Liechtenstein Football Association and the LFV TAK Liechtenstein Theatre on Friday, 7 October 2011 with free admission, an open air concert held on the Vaduz Town Hall Square.

It is common for locals and Scots celebrated event is the ideal introduction to the much-anticipated return of the two national teams, which had in the fall of 2010 at the legendary Hampden Park in Glasgow delivered a thrilling duel at eye level. To the fans of both teams to really get in the mood, the concert is coming with the "Battiest," as the Scottish band is affectionately known by their fans, just right. The Liechtenstein Football Association and the TAK Theater in Liechtenstein are pleased with the unprecedented cooperation and the realization of this exceptional cultural match warm-ups.

Battlefield Band - a living legend
The Battlefield Band was already in the 70s to the pioneers who helped the folk music for a revival by the restricted elements of rock, pop and jazz. Even today, the band for traditional and contemporary Scottish songs and of course extremely virtuoso bagpipe and violin solos. The name of the band is no allusion to the way the match: The founding members came mostly from the Glasgow district of "Battlefield". For more information about the band: www.battlefieldband.co.uk

#2 sporranmaster

sporranmaster
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

We'll be there ! :P

#3 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

We'll be there as well, could be a good pre-match perty :beer2:
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#4 Rich NATA

Rich NATA
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

I don't know whether they're any good or not (?)

I'd never heard of them. I'm not adverse to a bit of folk music (in a pub or whatever), but I don't have any at home.

I told Flat Earth about this and he knows of them.

#5 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

I told Flat Earth about this and he knows of them.

Is that a good or a bad thing? :lol:
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#6 Grim Jim

Grim Jim
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

I'd never heard of them.

Funny if they're demonstrating Scottish culture to the locals and most of the Scots in town have never heard these "legends" :-))
There're a few tunes on Spotify if you have it.

This medley is my favourite set of theirs on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Bio-gpdmE
Ventilador d'Escocia

#7 McNab

McNab
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Battlefield Band are legendary Scottish musicians - just see their website. They have had a few changes in lineup over the years but still a class act! Fiddles, pipes etc. Just the job

:spin:

#8 GLOSTA

GLOSTA
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

Been nearly twenty years since I left Scotland but I had heard of them when I was a boy which is too far back to mention. think I will go and see them

#9 manchesterjags

manchesterjags
  • 727 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:35 AM

2 more here for the Friday night.
Love Scotland - Hate Blazers

#10 SteveMcD

SteveMcD
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

Will also be in Vaduz on the Friday and Saturday night, but don't forget that the Czech Republic v. Spain game is also on the Friday night...

#11 The Organiser

The Organiser
  • 438 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

Joker bar ta will be there Friday night.

#12 Zicoladud

Zicoladud
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

Been nearly twenty years since I left Scotland but I had heard of them when I was a boy which is too far back to mention. think I will go and see them

thank god your going dougie thought i was going to be the oldest :lol: :ok: . will go if we can get down the mountain in time :lol: :beer2:
ghostly workers sleep below,they hear no rain or heel or toe.think of them when the forges glow,in the glasgow of long ago

#13 the bairn

the bairn
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

Great band. i have mentioned them many times over the years on the message board. If they do some of there older stuff like Bad Moon Rising, Band of a thousand chances, Blistered fingers, to name but 3 tracks then the place will rock. Lad's O' the Fair is probably my fav, but there again it's about the Trysting days in Falkirk.

If you are there for the Ted Christopher gig the following night, then try and get his bhodran player to do a wee solo number...................should be well worth hearing as the guy (Ian I am legend Graham) tells me he has adopted a new way to produce a different sound from his insrtument. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 wolfcraig

wolfcraig
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Great band. i have mentioned them many times over the years on the message board. If they do some of there older stuff like Bad Moon Rising, Band of a thousand chances, Blistered fingers, to name but 3 tracks then the place will rock. Lad's O' the Fair is probably my fav, but there again it's about the Trysting days in Falkirk.

If you are there for the Ted Christopher gig the following night, then try and get his bhodran player to do a wee solo number...................should be well worth hearing as the guy (Ian I am legend Graham) tells me he has adopted a new way to produce a different sound from his insrtument. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Ted Christopher confirmed for same stage on saturday afternoon.

"I am Legend" still trying to spell " bodhran" never mind play the thing.

#15 highlandladdie

highlandladdie
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

Ted Christopher confirmed for same stage on saturday afternoon.

"I am Legend" still trying to spell " bodhran" never mind play the thing.

:lol:

Well i`m hearing that "I Am Legend " is planning on stealing Ted "better than Elvis`s Thunder! ,

Whatever the scenario Fran and Anna wouldn`t stand a chance
For SCOTLAND , ST ANDREW and FREEDOM !

www.bladdered.net/index.htm