Photo
- - - - -

Boycott Braehead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#46 thewolf_1980

thewolf_1980
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

I just realised that I took several photos of my missus, Bob Dylan and Mark Knopfler at the gig at the Braehead Arena the other night. I await the gendarmes chapping my door to confiscate my computer where I've uploaded the pictures to.

Come to think of it, we were asked if we had any cameras by the stewards on the way in to the venue, which I thought was rather pointless given that everyone has camera phones these days.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

#47 Flure

Flure
  • 24,223 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

Rob Shorthouse, Director of Communications for Strathclyde Police said:

“It is absolutely right and proper that when a complaint about the police is made that it is fully investigated. The public need to know that their complaints are taken seriously and are acted upon promptly and professionally. This is exactly what has happened in this incident.

“Mr White complained to the police about the incident in Braehead. In his statement he set out a set of circumstances that has caused widespread debate, comment and criticism for those who he alleged were involved. Mr White chose to make his complaint public, to give interviews to the media and to seek debate on social networks.

“We are well aware that, as a result of this social media conversation, demonstrations are being planned this weekend at Braehead. We have also seen global media coverage of the incident – all of which has painted the shopping centre, this police force and, arguably, our country in a very negative light.

“It is because Mr White chose to seek publicity for his account of events and because of the planned demonstration that we feel compelled to take the unusual step of making our findings public.

“In reaching our conclusions, officers took statements from a number of independent witnesses and viewed the substantial amount of CCTV that was available in the centre.

“On reviewing all of this objective evidence, I have to tell you that we can find no basis to support the complaint which Mr.White has elected to make.

“The members of the public who asked for the security staff to become involved have told us that they did so for reasons which had absolutely nothing to do with him taking photographs of his daughter. They had a very specific concern, which I am not in a position to discuss publicly, that they felt the need to report. It was because of this very specific concern that security staff became involved. They were right to raise their concern and we are glad that they did so.

“The security staff were the ones who asked for police involvement. Again, this was not because Mr White said he had been photographing his daughter, but was due to the concerns that they themselves had regarding this particular incident.

“When our officers became involved they did not confiscate any items, nor was Mr White questioned under counter terrorist legislation. It is wrong to suggest that the police spoke to Mr White because he claimed he had been photographing his daughter, or that officers made any reference to counter terror legislation. Mr.White knows, or ought to know, why our officers spoke with him.

“Since Mr White chose to publish his version of events on Facebook, we have seen substantial traditional media and social media activity around the story. People have been very quick to offer their opinions on this issue and were very keen to accept Mr White’s story as the only evidence that was available. Clearly this was not the case.

“Social media allowed this story to spread quickly around the world. I hope that the same media allows this part of the tale to move just as quickly.

“For the avoidance of any doubt, we have fully investigated this incident and we can say that none of the independent and objective evidence presented to us by either the members of the public or the CCTV backs up the claims made by Mr White.”

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com

#48 chaff

chaff
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Rob Shorthouse, khunt gets about eh?

So they are defaming the guy without actually telling us why, despite the fact that they open up the press release by telling us that they are, but go on to say they aren't going to disclose anything?

I'm surprised he left the SFA as he seems to talk some amount of shyte

YES!

#49 Uddyredz

Uddyredz
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

Rob Shorthouse, khunt gets about eh?

So they are defaming the guy without actually telling us why, despite the fact that they open up the press release by telling us that they are, but go on to say they aren't going to disclose anything?

I'm surprised he left the SFA as he seems to talk some amount of shyte

Rob Shorthouse was at the Tamb Christmas night out you were at (i think it was the same day as your birthday)
09/02/2005 - 01/03/2012

#50 chaff

chaff
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

Rob Shorthouse was at the Tamb Christmas night out you were at (i think it was the same day as your birthday)

I only remember sexpest, Balloch thistle and some khunt that looked like his dad was in the Wurzels Posted Image

YES!

#51 Garywag

Garywag
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

I don't know who's in the right here but it's interesting to think if Mr Whites story isn't as clear as he's making out then he's just basically drawn the world into something that's nonsense and given Braehead a bad name in doing so.

If of course his version of events is still the true story which it could well be then it's still a shocking story but it's amazing that just cause he said it's true how so many people believed it including myself and were happy to hate Braehead
'It's an iron lung, it keeps me from dying.. I WANNA PLAY BASEBALL!!!!!'

#52 Smithy

Smithy
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

Given the pish that used to come out of Rob Shorthouse when he was at the SFA I wouldnie believe a word he says.

A similar incident happened in Edinburgh last year where a security guard oversteped the mark. Makes an arse of the shopping centers for having the rule in the first place.

#53 Sexpest

Sexpest
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

I only remember sexpest, Balloch thistle and some khunt that looked like his dad was in the Wurzels Posted Image

Only been at one and Rob was there along with Pistonbroke.
Tula Oblast Section Leader

Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal Steering Group Member

#54 chaff

chaff
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

That's right Ed was there too, back in the day eh? Before all these young rugrats got involved

YES!

#55 johnnie x

johnnie x
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

We all know Facebook is the source of a lot of complete and utter shite. Was it not at the last old farm game that there were about 4 young Celtic fans murdered in various places.

Facebook campaigns generally = Rooneys spouting pish

Regan, Ogilve, Doncaster, Longmuir and Ballantyne, a quintent quartet trio of tossers - who are somehow still in a job

#56 Uddyredz

Uddyredz
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

Only been at one and Rob was there along with Pistonbroke.

That's right Ed was there too, back in the day eh? Before all these young rugrats got involved

Pistonbroke has been to most

Last year we had me,Jen,Pistonbroke,Glasgowmancity and Frew ...........all the young rugrats

I'll get you back for that Wurzels comment :lol:
09/02/2005 - 01/03/2012

#57 WillfaeSwindon

WillfaeSwindon
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

Braehead have issued a statement.

Following various postings on social media websites and stories in the traditional media, Braehead would like to set the record straight on an incident involving a man taking photographs of a child in the centre, on Friday October 7.

Retail staff at an ice cream stall in Braehead became suspicious after they saw a male shopper taking photographs of a child sitting at their counter. The staff thought the man had also been taking photographs of them and they alerted one of the centre’s security staff.

The member of security staff approached the man and politely asked if he had been taking photographs. At no time in the initial conversation was the member of our security staff informed by the man that the child in question was his daughter.
Because of the nature of the incident, police became involved and also spoke to the man.

Our priority is always to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for all our shoppers and retailers. The member of our security staff acted in good faith.

Like most shopping centres, we have a ‘no photography’ policy in the mall for two reasons. First, to protect the privacy of staff and shoppers. as we are sure shoppers would not want strangers taking photographs of them or their children while they were in the mall.

Secondly and sadly, we live in a world of potential threats from terrorists and everyone is being urged by the police to be vigilant at all times. It is not uncommon for those intending to make some kind of attack to take photographs of their intended target as part of their planning before the event.

However, it is not our intention to - and we do not - stop innocent family members taking pictures. Discretion is used at all times.

Although Friday’s incident had nothing to do with a potential terrorist attack, the two retail assistants and the member of our security staff were faced with a situation they genuinely thought was suspicious. They witnessed a man taking photographs of a child, unaware that the man and the child were related.

I’m sure people will agree it is better safe than sorry.

remember people, everyone is a potential terrorist or paedophile, if you see anything suspicious or a neighbour acting weird contact the Stasi, and children remember to report anything strange your parents do

fu¢king pathetic response. Are we really at the stage where we assume that any adult male with a small child is a paedophile?

$FA - Shafting Fans Again!

#58 Big Col

Big Col
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

Rob Shorthouse, Director of Communications for Strathclyde Police said:

Mmmm, a strange turn for this to take.

So the Police are implying that he was up to something dodgy but it wasn't photographing his daughter? but the Police are not saying, and he wasn't charged with anything.

Will be interesting to see what turn this takes now.

#59 Glasgowmancity

Glasgowmancity
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Last year we had me,Jen,Pistonbroke,Glasgowmancity and Frew ...........all the young rugrats

I took that as a complement :ok:
The friendly face of Nationalists
A post (number 2156887) from 'antidote' on 11th June 2012 at 8:57pm "If Scotland votes no then I will never help a unionist supporter agian."

#60 Uddyredz

Uddyredz
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

I took that as a complement :ok:

I was calling you an auld git (if Jen is watching i wasn't calling you that)
09/02/2005 - 01/03/2012