Photo

Wales Set To Shun Millennium Stadium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
147 replies to this topic

#16 highlandladdie

highlandladdie
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Real Welsh football fans will, sadly there is currently 13,000 of us. With the state of Welsh football at the minute (despite having the most exciting team in decades) if we moved the game to the Millenium then you'd probably have more jocks than Welsh there. The FAW are terrible but even then they won't move the game to the Millenium with high numbers of away fans.. I doubt the Heddlu would allow it either.

I agree they won`t want many of us there which makes sense and it won`t be at the millennium , Could be at Swansea tho

Edited by highlandladdie, 23 November 2011 - 04:30 PM.

For SCOTLAND , ST ANDREW and FREEDOM !

www.bladdered.net/index.htm

#17 qos_75

qos_75
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

What is the chances of getting an SSC ticket as a 1 pointer if the game is not at the Millenium?
Not good methinks. :(

I don't think there is any chance of getting a ticket (from the SSC) on one point for anywhere other than the Millenium for this game. I'm on one point too and would certainly head down the road if it was to be held there, although the noises so far aren't so good.

I wonder if there will be a few 'ex-pat' applications to join the Welsh version of the SSC from Scotland? :lol:

#18 jock strap

jock strap
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

I remember it well. We were just in line with Buchan when he collected the ball for the second goal.

I was there.

Didna see any of it as I was still swinging in ma Da's sacks !

But I was there :ok:
Wallace : why am I a traitor when I swear no allegiance to eng**nd ?

#19 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Let's face it, a lot of Scotland fans will travel down to this ticket or not, upwards of 10k is possible and they'll be trying here there and everywhere for a ticket all over the stadium. A security nightmare as far as the cops are concerned.

Hopefully the Welsh FA and Police take a pragmatic view and play it at the Millennium, because there is no way they will give the SFA the amount of tickets that would meet demand if they play it elsewhere.
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#20 Parklife

Parklife
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I wonder if there will be a few 'ex-pat' applications to join the Welsh version of the SSC from Scotland? :lol:

It's only 15 Posted Image

#21 Spirit of bannockburn

Spirit of bannockburn
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Here`s hoping they move it to Anfield :ok:

Brilliant night we were in the annie rd end(probaly short for annfield rd)you coudn't put your hands in your pocket.it was wales home game but just like wembulee there were more scots than the home teams fans
"You bled with Wallace now bleed with me"

#22 nelbo009

nelbo009
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

I asked Stewart Regan on Twitter about venues, and he has said that to his knowledge we'll be in Cardiff.
"The football fairytale that is Kirk Broadfoot continues"

#23 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

I'm happy enough with any of CardiffCC/Millennium/Swansea.

Don't fancy Wrexham or Liverpool though.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#24 binobear

binobear
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

I asked Stewart Regan on Twitter about venues, and he has said that to his knowledge we'll be in Cardiff.

I sent a tweet to the Welsh FA ( @FAWales) to ask if game was going to be at the Millenium - doubt they'll reply but will post on here if they do.

#25 MarkHughesScissorKick

MarkHughesScissorKick
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Like I've said the game will be at CCS. no chance of Swansea/Wrexham.

#26 buckfast warrior

buckfast warrior
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

as Reekysporran says

its just going to be a security nightmare,

surely the heddlu want us all in the ground rather than in and around pubs
The Warrior is back

#27 Ally Bear

Ally Bear
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

Whilst i take on board what MarkHughesScissorKick has said i would be really surprised if they dont play this at the Milennium

I dare say Cardiff City Centre is similar to Glasgow City Centre on a Friday night and added to that carnage as Reeky said there will be 10,000 Scots there if we get 2000 tickets for CCFC - but i accept 15,000 and upwards if it's the Millennium which you dont really want.

Logistically and for safety reasons it would be stoopid not to play it at the millennium

Plus i would say the Welsh FA are similar to the SFA - in that monetary gain will be at the forefront of anything else
"A Noble Spirit Embiggens the Smallest Man"

"The Bird is the Word"

"If your so keen on normalizing something, why don't you start with your face?"

#28 chico hoof

chico hoof
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

Story in the Scotman confirming we may not get the Millennium Stadium, however no quotes used from Welsh FA. For the sake of the fans I really hope the SFA apply massive pressure for this game to go ahead at the Millennium Stadium, I think it would be a magnificent occasion with 10-15k TA in attendance.

http://www.scotsman....chaos_1_1985023

#29 tam4ritchie

tam4ritchie
  • 4,893 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

Like I've said the game will be at CCS. no chance of Swansea/Wrexham.

Why are you so sure of this? Wales look to be on the way up and would surely sell upwards of 40,000 to their own fans? Would there not be uproar if demand outstrips supply?

#30 manchesterjags

manchesterjags
  • 727 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

The Herald today is also saying it will most likely be Cardiff City's stadium, with the Welsh FA opting to lose potential revenue so that there aren't as many of us in the ground.
Love Scotland - Hate Blazers