Photo

Wales Set To Shun Millennium Stadium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
147 replies to this topic

#136 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

A big factor in their deliberations will be what they honestly think of their qualification chances. If they have any doubt at all, they will go for the money.

They have gubbed us at both venues, so to be honest I'm not sure their chances will be affected by choice of stadium.
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#137 ALLPOINTSEAST

ALLPOINTSEAST
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

i,d rather we played at the Millenium Staium as the crowd would be better and i want to exorise the beating we got there :ok: :cheers3: :cheers3: :cheers3: :cheers3: :cheers3: still no booked yet either lol
give the price of a pint you know it makes sense TASA

www.mediatarts.com Tartan army

#138 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

I hope we play at Swansea.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#139 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

I hope we play at Swansea.

Will that be a hat trick of gubbings then at 3 different grounds in recent years?

SCOTTISH CUFF LINKS AVAILABLE AT   

https://www.etsy.com...leSilverFingers  :ok:

#140 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Will that be a hat trick of gubbings then at 3 different grounds in recent years?

:ok:

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#141 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,744 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Rumors that Cardiff City are to purchase the city stadium after Cardiff Blues decided to cancel their lease, and now City have plans to develop the stadium up to 30k, but no news when work is to start......
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#142 Donaldo87

Donaldo87
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Rumors that Cardiff City are to purchase the city stadium after Cardiff Blues decided to cancel their lease, and now City have plans to develop the stadium up to 30k, but no news when work is to start......

Is this also part of the mental plans to change their colours to red?

#143 portbhoypaddy

portbhoypaddy
  • Banned
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Is this also part of the mental plans to change their colours to red?

Will their nickname now be the redbirds ? :yikes3:

If you compare the advantages in resources that Scotland enjoys over Norway - better location, easier access to market, world-class technology across a range of sectors, a whisky industry with world renowned premium brands, top universities, easier geography, a huge global diaspora willing us to do well and a great global brand - we should be considering Norway as our start point, not our end point. The fact that our aspirations are so low is a sad indictment of what the Union has done for Scotland.

#144 Donaldo87

Donaldo87
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17996534

Will their nickname now be the redbirds ? :yikes3:

Apparently it wont be the "Red Dragons" anyway

#145 daleTA

daleTA
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

When will they decide!?

#146 TartanTeddy

TartanTeddy
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Isn't the point that the Welsh FA need to weigh-up any perceived advantage at CCS v potential income? I guess the FAW are like the SFA and aren't exactly rolling in it.

I doubt we'd take anywhere near 25,000, but 10/15k at Millennium v 3k at CCS is a big difference in revenue.

As the Welsh lad said on here, the Millenium wil attract a lot of casual Welsh fans - so with our additional support and an increased Welsh support you might well be adding 20K to the crowd. So at £30 a pop and then the additional add on of concession sales, programmes, merchandise etc you probably aren't that far from adding a million to the FAW coffers - and I assume Welsh Government and Tourism Boards would weigh in with some pressure.

I'm sure there is some form of calculator that's used to project added income per person for an event - say ticket £30, Hotel £50, food and drink £50, travel etc £10, Alca seltzer and immodium sales £10 - there's a conservitive estimate that per person the average fan brings in £150 to the Welsh economy, so an extra 20K would add £3 million - which is probablu roughly the combined GDP of Swansea, Neath and Llanelli :d

It's gotta be the Millenium :ok:

TT
Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers. Bill Struth (1875 - 1956)

#147 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,477 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Nobody,

Cool, that's what i thought.

#148 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,744 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Cool, that's what i thought.

But you never answered my question :P