Photo

Trip To Ypres On The Monday Before The Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
155 replies to this topic

#16 mariokempes56

mariokempes56
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Yes please.

#17 Mark frae Crieff

Mark frae Crieff
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

3 maybe 4 from Crieff would be up for that Posted Image

i believe only Smarties have the answer..............

#18 EricTheCheeseman

EricTheCheeseman
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

Scrap me... I'll be in Bruges, so will await someone arranging a trip from there.

#19 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Scrap me... I'll be in Bruges, so will await someone arranging a trip from there.

:whistling:
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#20 EricTheCheeseman

EricTheCheeseman
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

:whistling:

in yer own time, like!!

#21 joecraigfanclub

joecraigfanclub
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

SPLITTER :moon: :moon: :moon:
He perfectly encapsulates that mixture of dourness and hope which characterises the committed Scotland fan.

#22 TheBlack

TheBlack
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

I'm interested too, but I'm also waiting on someone arranging a trip from Bruges ;)

Vote Yes in 2014

#23 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 28,563 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

I'm interested too, but I'm also waiting on someone arranging a trip from Bruges ;)

Is that you volunteering?

Vote No and forever lose the right to complain about a UK Govt that does not represent Scotland
Vote Yes in 2014 and get the government we want, every single time

#24 The White Ceelo

The White Ceelo
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

3 for me :ok:

#25 DINGI

DINGI
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

Could you reserve one place for me.thank you

#26 TartanTeddy

TartanTeddy
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

After experiencing the joys of a JCFC guided tour of Cyprus, wouldn't want to miss this one!

Is Jim driving???

TT
Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers. Bill Struth (1875 - 1956)

#27 Doric

Doric
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:22 AM

Loads going. You have started something here Joe.

Any square in Ypres LOL ?
How can we call our selfs patriotic when the majority of Scots want to be ruled by another country?

#28 mariokempes56

mariokempes56
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Loads going. You have started something here Joe.

Any square in Ypres LOL ?

Naw : Reeky isnae there yet .. :moon:

#29 joecraigfanclub

joecraigfanclub
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Still investigating options but its looking like a 10.30 departure from central Brussels.

Get to Ypres at lunchtime and we get a guide to take us round Tyne Cot, the battlefield areas and cemeteries with an emphasis on areas where Scottish regiments will have fought and the dead buried.

We then go back to Ypres where people can visit the museum, the Menin Gate, wander around as its a lovely wee town or go to the pub.

Depending on the timing of it, we will stay for the Last Post at the Menin Gate. If its about 8.30, that would mean we wouldn't be getting back to Brussels until about 10-10.30 so that could be an issue.

This is all very loose at the moment and I am open to suggestions if anyone has any particular experience of the area, let me know.
He perfectly encapsulates that mixture of dourness and hope which characterises the committed Scotland fan.

#30 McToot

McToot
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

Still investigating options but its looking like a 10.30 departure from central Brussels.

Get to Ypres at lunchtime and we get a guide to take us round Tyne Cot, the battlefield areas and cemeteries with an emphasis on areas where Scottish regiments will have fought and the dead buried.

We then go back to Ypres where people can visit the museum, the Menin Gate, wander around as its a lovely wee town or go to the pub.

Depending on the timing of it, we will stay for the Last Post at the Menin Gate. If its about 8.30, that would mean we wouldn't be getting back to Brussels until about 10-10.30 so that could be an issue.

This is all very loose at the moment and I am open to suggestions if anyone has any particular experience of the area, let me know.

That's sounds great. I was going to post and ask if we'd be staying for the last post.