Photo

Hutton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Louie

Louie
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

I hate to say this but it looks to me like Hutton is nothing like the player he used to be. I have thought this for some time having watched performances for Spurs and more recently Villa. At first I thought it was just a dip in form but to me, he looks like a fish out of water. Is it me or do others think the same? I say this as someone who thought he had the potential to be one of the best full backs in the world a few years ago.

#2 tartanrover

tartanrover
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Didn't look great at start of Villa career, but seemed to be making progress, gotta say today was very up and down

#3 Marky

Marky
  • 930 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

I hate to say this but it looks to me like Hutton is nothing like the player he used to be. I have thought this for some time having watched performances for Spurs and more recently Villa. At first I thought it was just a dip in form but to me, he looks like a fish out of water. Is it me or do others think the same? I say this as someone who thought he had the potential to be one of the best full backs in the world a few years ago.

He is utter pish. He doesn't even deserve to be in the next squad IMO. Dreadful.

#4 McManus4

McManus4
  • 830 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

The Villa fans hate him.

#5 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,688 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Must admit i was expecting him to flourish again after escaping Redknapp's Spurs, but it seems he has bottomed out a bit.

Didn't see todays game but the general reports from recent games seem to confirm that he is way below the standard that a lot of people were expecting him to be at by now.
I don't know how much freedom he is getting at Villa to get forward and supply crosses which always seemed to be his best ability rather than the last third defending.

Hopefully he can string a few decent performances together soon, we definately need an on form Hutton for next season.

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#6 allyc

allyc
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

i told you he was overrated.....he needs to stop thinking hes the man and start proving he is a premiership player.....he wanders around like someone plucked from the street.he is always out of position.he never picks up his marker.he never stops crosses getting into the box.he is lucky mcleish is the manager cos i do not think he would get into any other team currently....

#7 ianp

ianp
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Watching Villa game today and Hutton again pathetic. Giving the ball away continually, trotting back and in general a passenger. In the past any negative comments have been greeted with "he is the best we have". If we go with this "best" it's as good as starting with 10 men, anything would be better than Alan Hutton.

#8 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,722 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Defensively he hasn't been that bad, put in some decent tackles, only watched the last 10 mins mind
Pick it out Landreau

#9 Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Must admit i was expecting him to flourish again after escaping Redknapp's Spurs, but it seems he has bottomed out a bit.

Didn't see todays game but the general reports from recent games seem to confirm that he is way below the standard that a lot of people were expecting him to be at by now.
I don't know how much freedom he is getting at Villa to get forward and supply crosses which always seemed to be his best ability rather than the last third defending.

Hopefully he can string a few decent performances together soon, we definately need an on form Hutton for next season.

Getting 9 million for Hutton was the best business Sir Murray did for Rangers.
Dhe faliminderit!

#10 beefham

beefham
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hoping he will come back to full form but fear injuries may have taken their toll

#11 zappafan

zappafan
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

He peaked about 5 years ago unfortunately.

#12 lau03143

lau03143
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Getting 9 million for Hutton was the best business Sir Murray did for Rangers.

8m for Boumsong
..."This is our land, this is our Scotland, these are our people, these are our men, our works, our women and children: can you beat it?"
James Maxton, 1924...

#13 Alan

Alan
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Bardsley to Right Back with Wallace Left Back? Not seen much of Wallace to comment on his current form but Bardsley is playing RB at Sunderland and is a good player.

I'm voting NO as I believe it's best for me, my family and Scotland. The numbers don't add up. #bestofbothworlds

"We'll give it a go."  Gordon Strachan 15th January 2012. 

#14 thewolf_1980

thewolf_1980
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Bardsley to Right Back with Wallace Left Back? Not seen much of Wallace to comment on his current form but Bardsley is playing RB at Sunderland and is a good player.

I rather like Wallace, I have to say, though I prefer him on the left-wing rather than left-back where I think his attacking capabilities are more restricted.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...