Photo

Stv Report Rangers Going Into Administration

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14596 replies to this topic

#7546 stevenmcn

stevenmcn
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

The only real potential for Murray park outside of a newco Rangers would be the SFA or Scottish Government or combination of the two buying it and turning it into a national football academy. Celtic already have their own facility and any other clubs wouldn't have the money to stump up for it.

Or a rugby ground for West of Scotland RC

#7547 Flat Earth

Flat Earth
  • 13,327 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

He asked me if I felt Rangers going to division 3 would help Aberdeen make the top six or Europe etc.

Totally phukkin irrelevant, and a snide assertion that arguing from a position of integrity is motivated by other factors. I'd probably have sworn at him....
iAYE we can!

#7548 Grumpyauldgit

Grumpyauldgit
  • 788 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

They have only just managed to get me down from my roof, (they where going to use a stun gun, but found out that a kebab and 6 cans worked just as well).
The club I love and 140 years of history have gone tae feck, but still I am not bitter, yesterday, today, tomorrow and even the months ahead are not the time to be bitter, but that day will eventually come, instead I am just very fecking angry.
Angry with the people that caused all this trouble, Murray, Whyte, Dumbfeck and fraudster, and everybody else that brought about the demise of my club, and it's history.
Unlike a lot of Rangers fans, I will not blame the SFA, SPL, other teams, or the press for our demise, we managed that all by ourselfs, I just hope that out of the ruins, Scottish football takes this chance to reorganise it's self properly.
If, and this is a massive IF, a Rangers team manages to reappear out of all this carnage, we should restart in Div 3, as it would be insanity, and go against all natural justice, to allow us to start again in the SPL, and with Rangers out of the SPL, that would be tha chance to end the stupid 11-1 SPL voting structure, which to a certain level has strangled Scottish football for years.
No matter what happens I will be, as my brick at Ibrox says "Always a Ranger", what ever that now brings, and to everybody else that is out there gloating, I hope you choke on your Jelly and Ice cream, and remember, we will be back.
How can I be a traitor, when England is foreign to me

#7549 NORF 'C'

NORF 'C'
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

They have only just managed to get me down from my roof, (they where going to use a stun gun, but found out that a kebab and 6 cans worked just as well).
The club I love and 140 years of history have gone tae feck, but still I am not bitter, yesterday, today, tomorrow and even the months ahead are not the time to be bitter, but that day will eventually come, instead I am just very fecking angry.
Angry with the people that caused all this trouble, Murray, Whyte, Dumbfeck and fraudster, and everybody else that brought about the demise of my club, and it's history.
Unlike a lot of Rangers fans, I will not blame the SFA, SPL, other teams, or the press for our demise, we managed that all by ourselfs, I just hope that out of the ruins, Scottish football takes this chance to reorganise it's self properly.
If, and this is a massive IF, a Rangers team manages to reappear out of all this carnage, we should restart in Div 3, as it would be insanity, and go against all natural justice, to allow us to start again in the SPL, and with Rangers out of the SPL, that would be tha chance to end the stupid 11-1 SPL voting structure, which to a certain level has strangled Scottish football for years.
No matter what happens I will be, as my brick at Ibrox says "Always a Ranger", what ever that now brings, and to everybody else that is out there gloating, I hope you choke on your Jelly and Ice cream, and remember, we will be back.

LIKE :ok:

#7550 brian67

brian67
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Waitrose want to build on rugby pitches, cala and Stewart Milne also want to build there.

Council will not let them until they get a new sports centre or refurbished allander centre.

They could all chip in and buy Murray park and rename it the Stewart Milne allander sports centre just to wind up gers fans.

#7551 Loch_Sloigh

Loch_Sloigh
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Good post !

That is near enough the way i feel, and yes, i feel that we have lost our history too, and that is the worst thing for me to take.

BUT i accept that, and i accept all the punishments that Rangers have been given.

Funny enough i feel pretty content(in a funny way) and can understand the way fans of other clubs feel about Rangers and we have to hold our hands up,although that is difficult to admit !

I do feel anomosity for Whyte,Murray etc. I am not quite sure yet,what they have both made out of Rangers(financially) as yet ?

You are correct about Div3...a few years to build again and with the Euro ban , i think that is for the best anyway.

But what the hell ! We still have Scotland and the World Cup campaign to look forward to. :ok:

Edited by Loch_Sloigh, 13 June 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#7552 ek_celt

ek_celt
  • 14,934 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

You won't have "lost" your history, it just won't be part of the newco. But RFC 1873's history will always exist, it will just end in 2012, as a supporter you have been part of that, no-one can take that away.
Bzzzz, on 06 December 2012 - 10:37 AM, said: Cannae deny it, we'll done Lennon & Celtic.

#7553 Hertsscot

Hertsscot
  • 691 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

As a Rangers fan I find it's difficult to comment on what's been going on, let alone what caused it. I know a lot of fans of other SPL clubs (either personally or through message boards) who have gloated over what's happened, I guess that's partly jealousy, partly a feeling that Gers have had an unfair advantage through the use of EBTs and partly because of opportunism as well. I think what I would want to come out of this is a change in football governance. There are individuals who have brought shame and humiliation on a once great club (I know Gers have been far from perfect) but there have been times when Rangers have proudly represented Scottish football and as always the people who cause the mess seem to get away with it whilst ordinary folk suffer whether redundancies, players taking wage cuts, creditors not being paid back or fans having to put up with all the prevailing crap. I never thought this would happen to Rangers but it makes me angry not just for my club but for any other fans who find their own clubs, however big or small, through no fault of their own in the sort of mess we find ourselves. Surely there must be be a better way of running football and regulating those who own clubs.

#7554 wembley67lisbon

wembley67lisbon
  • 10,154 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

I said that the only way they can be accepted back into the SPL is for them to work their way backup from Division 3. Suggested that due to having had a few years now of poor tv cash and less Old Firm visits any losses for AFC would be minimised. Suggested that the threats from Rangers fans and the rubbish from people like Andy Goram are not helping Rangers' case and were hardening opinions against them.

I welcomed the news that the RST are suggesting they would prefer to start again in Div 3 and said that parachuting them into the SPL would set a dangerous precedent that it's ok for clubs to spend stupid amounts of money and then to walk away from their obligations when it comes time to repay it.

I'm not sure the guy liked me suggesting the only people who have benefited from the scare stories are the media themselves.

He asked me if I felt Rangers going to division 3 would help Aberdeen make the top six or Europe etc. I suggested that the top six should not be seen as a success for Aberdeen but as a minimum expectation.

:ok:

#7555 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

I said that the only way they can be accepted back into the SPL is for them to work their way backup from Division 3. Suggested that due to having had a few years now of poor tv cash and less Old Firm visits any losses for AFC would be minimised. Suggested that the threats from Rangers fans and the rubbish from people like Andy Goram are not helping Rangers' case and were hardening opinions against them.

I welcomed the news that the RST are suggesting they would prefer to start again in Div 3 and said that parachuting them into the SPL would set a dangerous precedent that it's ok for clubs to spend stupid amounts of money and then to walk away from their obligations when it comes time to repay it.

I'm not sure the guy liked me suggesting the only people who have benefited from the scare stories are the media themselves.

He asked me if I felt Rangers going to division 3 would help Aberdeen make the top six or Europe etc. I suggested that the top six should not be seen as a success for Aberdeen but as a minimum expectation.

Should have got yourself in the Evening Express instead :ok:

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#7556 Flat Earth

Flat Earth
  • 13,327 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

You won't have "lost" your history, it just won't be part of the newco. But RFC 1873's history will always exist, it will just end in 2012, as a supporter you have been part of that, no-one can take that away.

Apart from the tainted titles they won by cheating with EBTs and dual contracts and stuff. ;)

But yeah, otherwise spot on.
iAYE we can!

#7557 stevenmcn

stevenmcn
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Waitrose want to build on rugby pitches, cala and Stewart Milne also want to build there.

Council will not let them until they get a new sports centre or refurbished allander centre.

They could all chip in and buy Murray park and rename it the Stewart Milne allander sports centre just to wind up gers fans.

That's already been sorted.

#7558 Dalgety Bay TA

Dalgety Bay TA
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

Is that not just taking the p!ss a bit too much, turning their training ground into a rugby pitch for Catholics?

#7559 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Wonder what Green will call the NEWCO!

Govan Blue
Team Rangers
Team GB

#7560 biffer

biffer
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:40 PM