Photo

August Friendly

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 McToot

McToot
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Now May is sorted I thought we needed a thread for August.

Heard a few rumours of Easter road in August. Read yesterday that Poland and Australia are possibilities, although i see Poland are playin Estonia then.

Australia don't have a game according FIFA.com

Also on FIFA site 21 uefa teams already have games confirmed.

#2 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Easter Road is being talked about as Hampden is still out of use for the Olympics.

So if that's the case, you are hardly talking a glamour friendly.... Maybe Luxemburg as we pulled out of playing them last year to play Cyprus?

Malta has apparently been mentioned on a football blog, but nobody is able to find it.

Edited by wanderer, 18 February 2012 - 02:17 PM.

If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#3 McToot

McToot
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

It was hibs.net I read about Poland/Australia.

#4 tartanpar

tartanpar
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Easter Road is being talked about as Hampden is still out of use for the Olympics.

So if that's the case, you are hardly talking a glamour friendly.... Maybe Luxemburg as we pulled out of playing them last year to play Cyprus?

Malta has apparently been mentioned on a football blog, but nobody is able to find it.

Why is Hampden out of use? The Olympic football finishes at Hampden before the friendly date?

It was the same again in 2013 but hopefully the Black can get a bit closer in 2014!

#5 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

Why is Hampden out of use? The Olympic football finishes at Hampden before the friendly date?

Paralympics are taking place at Hampden also
If you still use tippex

#6 tartanpar

tartanpar
  • 3,423 posts

It was hibs.net I read about Poland/Australia.

It certainly won't be Poland as you said they are playing Estonia away.

I believe the sfa already know who we are going to play and it should be announced soon.

It was the same again in 2013 but hopefully the Black can get a bit closer in 2014!

#7 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

What date is the friendly date anyway?

I'm 90% sure that Olympics Venues can only be used for Olympic events during the Olympics.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#8 McToot

McToot
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

What date is the friendly date anyway?

I'm 90% sure that Olympics Venues can only be used for Olympic events during the Olympics.

Olympics finish on 12th. Paras start on 29th. Friendly date is 15th. I thought it would probably be away from hampden to give the pitch a break before the wcqs

#9 tartanpar

tartanpar
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Paralympics are taking place at Hampden also

Are you sure? According to the website the football in the paralympics are 5 aside and 7 aside so I doubt they will be played at Hampden.

#10 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

Are you sure? According to the website the football in the paralympics are 5 aside and 7 aside so I doubt they will be played at Hampden.

Not 100%, but someone did tell me its listed as a venue (maybe not for football).

Last Olympic match to take place at Hampden is Women's quarter final on the 4th of August.
If you still use tippex

#11 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Olympics finish on 12th. Paras start on 29th. Friendly date is 15th. I thought it would probably be away from hampden to give the pitch a break before the wcqs

Hampden will be hosting 8 games over the space of 3 weeks, so you can probably take it that they may want to give the pitch some recovery time before Septembers games.
If you still use tippex

#12 jimbers

jimbers
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hampden will be hosting 8 games over the space of 3 weeks, so you can probably take it that they may want to give the pitch some recovery time before Septembers games.

I think we should try and play either a team like Bosnia at home or play a minnow to gain a morale boosting win!

Its important we play at home for once...
add me to bebo http://jimbers.bebo.com &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;im also on Myspace www.myspace.com/jimbers1982<br /><br />

#13 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I think we should try and play either a team like Bosnia at home or play a minnow to gain a morale boosting win!

Its important we play at home for once...

Bosnia are playing Wales that day, so that basically rules out playing a ex-Yugoslavia nation to get some practice going into Serbia and Macedonia games
If you still use tippex

#14 wembley67lisbon

wembley67lisbon
  • 10,150 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Who wants a friendly at hampden anyway? Half full, shite.

Easter Road would be good.

#15 A Proud Wee Bonnie Lass

A Proud Wee Bonnie Lass
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'd rather they saved the pitch for the qualifiers in September, especially since we're being forced to have it cut up by London's Olympic games.
If you don't want to see Scots represent England at the Olympics, why are you happy to see English represent Scotland all year round.