78 replies to this topic

#1 GaryTA

GaryTA
  • Banned
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

Is he one of our 2 best centre backs??

Was awful today, really bad.

I'm a Hearts fan and never took to him at Tynie, over-rated to the extreme.

Seen him have 1 or maximum 2 good games.

#2 graham020

graham020
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

Not a great performance today. The whole Wolves side failed to turn up though.

Thought Berra was pretty good on Wednesday.

#3 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm a Hearts fan and never took to him at Tynie, over-rated to the extreme.

Seen him have 1 or maximum 2 good games.

FFS, he was a very good centre-half for Hearts, maybe not quite as good as Webster first time round, but good enough to make a go of it in England. Problem for him is that he is playing in a shyte team who are all over the place and probably going down.
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#4 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Scored a good goal for us in midweek, entitled to have a wee off game when playing for his club team!

#5 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,530 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

He is a bit shit. Still the second best we have though.

#6 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,246 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

He was excellent with Pressley keeping an eye on him at Hearts, he's playing in a very weak team. His international performances I'd say were generally better than his club ones as he is surrounded by better team mates (although he's got 'Hoofer' Caldwell to contend with!)
Signatures are gay

#7 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,236 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

He was excellent with Pressley keeping an eye on him at Hearts, he's playing in a very weak team. His international performances I'd say were generally better than his club ones as he is surrounded by better team mates (although he's got 'Hoofer' Caldwell to contend with!)

Caldwell (assuming you mean Gary) is a better player than Berra.

#8 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,246 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

Caldwell is much more of a liability.
Signatures are gay

#9 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,807 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Caldwell is much more of a liability.

:hammer:

Best we have - G Caldwell and Berra
Options after that - McManus, Mulgrew, Martin, Hanley, Wilson.
After that - Webster, Kenneth and S Caldwell.

Unless we can find a decent English centre-back with a Scottish granny we need to stop giving Caldwell and Berra so much stick.

PASTA (Preston and Surroundings Tartan Army)
www.yesscotland.net

#10 JECK

JECK
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Think this is somewhat an example and emphasises what i've always thought-we don't really have the players to compete and qualify for international tournaments. You've slagged the boy and now Caldwell has been introduced to the thread to say how crap he is. Yet Levein gets the blame for everything thats wrong with the current team. Me personally have only got issues with the Steven Fletcher situation, can't quite figure out whats going on there when Levein will know he's only as good as the players available to him.

#11 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,807 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Think this is somewhat an example and emphasises what i've always thought-we don't really have the players to compete and qualify for international tournaments. You've slagged the boy and now Caldwell has been introduced to the thread to say how crap he is. Yet Levein gets the blame for everything thats wrong with the current team. Me personally have only got issues with the Steven Fletcher situation, can't quite figure out whats going on there when Levein will know he's only as good as the players available to him.

Well said. The people that slag off Levein and talk about how we'll never qualify for anything under him are usually the same ones that can be found slagging off first team players like Hutton, Berra, Caldwell, Adam, Morrison and Brown.

www.yesscotland.net

#12 wembley67lisbon

wembley67lisbon
  • 10,308 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Berra and Caldwell are both poor from an international point of view. The fact they play for Wolves and Wigan who are championship bound proves that.

Need some right good CBs to progress and quick.

Few positives are they are both committed to the scotland cause and tend to be better when on scotland duty.

#13 JECK

JECK
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Aye the players you mentioned are renound for competeing for titles in the English/Spanish leagues and champions league every season for their clubs sides year in year out eh?!

Edited by JECK, 04 March 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#14 Tartan Tammy 1314

Tartan Tammy 1314
  • Banned
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

:hammer:

Best we have - G Caldwell and Berra
Options after that - McManus, Mulgrew, Martin, Hanley, Wilson.
After that - Webster, Kenneth and S Caldwell.

Unless we can find a decent English centre-back with a Scottish granny we need to stop giving Caldwell and Berra so much stick.

He tried getting us Caulker.and he does not want to play for us

#15 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,807 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

He tried getting us Caulker.and he does not want to play for us

I was joking but the funny thing is, if Levein had talked Caulker into playing for us, Bzzzz et all would have been telling us about all the better Scottish centre-backs that should be playing instead!!

www.yesscotland.net