Why not?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 GaryTA

GaryTA
  • Banned
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

"It's a massive honour to play for your country and it would be great to do so again," added Beattie. "I have got no doubts that Craig is very much aware of what is going on in the English and Scottish leagues.
"I am sure he will have watched some of the games and seen me knocking in a goal or two in recent games. If the call came I would be delighted to answer it."

Scotland have always looked for that big target man, We've tried O'Connor, Iwelumo, Kyle etc etc..,

Could Craig Beattie be the answer? He was alright for Scotland and scored a massive goal in our Euro campaign.

If his recent run continues then he could be a massive player to have in our squad. I never normally jump to conclusions about players after 3 games, but he has been nothing short of superb for Hearts in our last 3 games.

He is intelligent, a cut above anything i've seen up front in a Hearts jersey recently, gets stuck in definsively as well.

Genuinely looking forward to watching him for a 4th time tomorrow.

Just a thought.....

Edited by GaryTA, 20 March 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#2 BayernBru

BayernBru
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Yeah I agree always been a fan of him. Seemed to go through a bit of a bad spell but since going to hearts he has looked the park. Surely a better option than CMS!

#3 WillfaeSwindon

WillfaeSwindon
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

to paraphrase a t-shirt... ABCMS.

$FA - Shafting Fans Again!

#4 Fairbairn

Fairbairn
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

I've not seen a huge amount of him since he signed for Hearts but I've been impressed by what i have seen. He seemed to play well for Swansea whenever I watched them last couple of seasons.

Given that Fletcher's a non starter, Goodwillie can't get a game for a pish Blackburn team, McCormack is shagging Leveins sister and CMS is English then I'd definitely give Beattie a run out in our next squad.

There must be lights burning brighter, somewhere...

#5 BayernBru

BayernBru
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

to paraphrase a t-shirt... ABCMS.

I would most definitely be seen in that t-shirt haha!

#6 kmcca5

kmcca5
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

, McCormack is shagging Leveins sister

:-))

#7 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,311 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Beastie is way off match fit at the moment which is great for Hearts as he is just going to get better and better! I was delighted to see he was signing for Hearts and delighted to see how delighted he was to be signing for Hearts. Think he'll be nothing but a great success, you never know, he might get back in the dark blue jersey, fingers crossed!

Seems like a top fella, has a great attitude, good luck te him :ok:
Signatures are gay

#8 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,813 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Like him as a player.

He's also very different to anyone we have in or around the squad at the moment too. If he carries on playing well then i'd call him up for the USA game.

#9 hannibal smith

hannibal smith
  • 7,367 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

from seeing his first 3 games he is way off match fit and has faded towards the end of these games but he has still looked very good, hopefully hearts can tie him down for next season as he fits in well

Running a Loch Ness Marathon for the Sunshine Appeal  https://mydonate.bt..../alasdairsmith1

www.faircitytartanarmy.com

#10 McManus4

McManus4
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Was very disappointed when Celtic sold him, was always a fan of him and he had a half decent record considering he mostly came off the bench.

However I think we got around £2 million for him after bringing him through the youth system, so not a bad bit of business.

Always liked him as a player, hope he stays at Hearts in the summer and keeps banging in the goals.

#11 DavyP

DavyP
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

I hope he stubs his big toe on the bath in the morning and misses the game against the Buds........after that then I would like to see him in a dark blue shirt again....but does his big target man frame fit in with Avrils fantastic "I think we are as good as Brazil" passing tactics!!!!
Thank feck nobody has knicked the rail lines out of Greenock

#12 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,872 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

I still think that Beattie was responsible for my favourite moment supporting Scotland

He seems in good form now and if he keeps it up there is no reason not to include him for the USA match

PASTA (Preston and Surroundings Tartan Army)
www.yesscotland.net

#13 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

I am liking what Beattie is producing so far in his Hearts career and hopefully he will keep improving the fitness the more starts he gets. He shows his experience by getting himself into good positions, reads the game pretty well and his confidence must be sky high at the moment.

Also a clever use of the media by making his feelings crystal clear to Levein that he is up for a recall ensuring his name will be at the forefront of any questions fired at Levein as long as Beattie keeps the form up, hopefully he will be seen as the perfect fill in for Fletcher if that stalemate is going to continue.

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#14 Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Also a clever use of the media by making his feelings crystal clear to Levein that he is up for a recall ensuring his name will be at the forefront of any questions fired at Levein as long as Beattie keeps the form up, hopefully he will be seen as the perfect fill in for Fletcher if that stalemate is going to continue.

Actually, I think the opposite.

Avril won't like being 'dictated' to by media interviews from players in form.

Particularly those that have no place in his favourite 4-6-0 system.
Dhe faliminderit!

#15 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Particularly those that have no place in his favourite 4-6-0 system.

Silly statement, let yourself down there :worried:

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Why not?