Photo

Any Golfers?seasons Hopes.

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#16 McToot

McToot
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

Two rounds so far and the conclusion is that my putting has gotten worse,thought that wasn't possible.

But having 39 and 37 in the rounds,it's adding at least 10/12 strokes onto the round. Hopefully rectify it soon enough,as the rest of it is spot on. :banghead:

I know how you feel! Submitted my third round for handicap today. 38 putts. It's killing me.

#17 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

I know how you feel! Submitted my third round for handicap today. 38 putts. It's killing me.

I must hav had about 38 putts today in the medal.
Shockingly bad.ball striking great but the effin putter :-(

#18 dandydunn

dandydunn
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Putting wasn't so bad today,trying to control the ball in a howling gale was though. Out in 53 with the wind changing direction every hole and back in 38. What a shit game golf is :rollsmile:
I wouldn't say I'm the best guy you will ever meet,But I'm defiantely in the top 1

#19 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Putting wasn't so bad today,trying to control the ball in a howling gale was though. Out in 53 with the wind changing direction every hole and back in 38. What a shit game golf is :rollsmile:

Howling gale??whered you play??flat calm at bogside this morn which makes a net 77 worse.nae excuses with the weather.

#20 dandydunn

dandydunn
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

Howling gale??whered you play??flat calm at bogside this morn which makes a net 77 worse.nae excuses with the weather.

Kings links. About 50 yards from Aberdeen beach at the closest point. About 800 yards from said beach at furthest point. All good fun.
I wouldn't say I'm the best guy you will ever meet,But I'm defiantely in the top 1

#21 McToot

McToot
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Submitted third card for handicap last week. 14 I've been given! Challenge to keep that for me.

#22 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Submitted third card for handicap last week. 14 I've been given! Challenge to keep that for me.

Whered you join mctoot?

#23 McToot

McToot
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

Whered you join mctoot?

Merchants. Welcome to a game sometime.

#24 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Merchants. Welcome to a game sometime.

Thx.had a look on there website.excellent views of the capital.good luck for the season.

#25 dandydunn

dandydunn
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

Gutted today. 5 over after 13,things were going great. Couple of dodgy bogeys after that,but all was still going well for a 17 handicapper.

Stepped on to the tee at the 18th,knowing a par 3 would give me a 79,and break 80 for the first time............................

I stepped up,recovery wood in hand,practice swing taken,visualised the shot,addressed the ball...........................

And sent it crashing over the fence,onto the road,barely missing a jogger,hit a bus,then a car and well on its way into pittodrie before me,before coming to rest against the fence after some disgusted looks from pedestrians.

Finished with a 6 for an 82,net 65 so not all bad I suppose. Should take at least 1.2 off of me depending on css. :ok:

#26 Ayrforce

Ayrforce
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Dandy I was +3 scratch playing 18 off of 13 handicap and took a 7, so still finished with a net 61 so can't complain.
I bought a GPS this week and it gave me a bit more confidence with my distance, hopefully that's the answer :)

One team in Ayrshire

#27 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

Net 69 on wednesday medal,net 77 today.played to my handicap front 9 but played pish bak 9.
Lightning fast greens at bogside now.great but tough greens to putt on.

#28 Ayrforce

Ayrforce
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Net 69 on wednesday medal,net 77 today.played to my handicap front 9 but played pish bak 9.
Lightning fast greens at bogside now.great but tough greens to putt on.

Played Bogside a few times always in cracking condition. Is it still a qualifying course for The Open?

One team in Ayrshire

#29 dandydunn

dandydunn
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

Dandy I was +3 scratch playing 18 off of 13 handicap and took a 7, so still finished with a net 61 so can't complain.
I bought a GPS this week and it gave me a bit more confidence with my distance, hopefully that's the answer :)

They are good,must admit,especially when the 150 yard marker is either way off,or a green disc :wtf: on the ground so you can't see a thing.

But I found a cheaper way round the sky caddy. I talk to my brother before my shot and just look at his that's hooked to his bag. :ok:

Slightly off subject here,but while I mentioned my bro,here's a wee lesson for all us golfers here.

He is playing off of 4 at the moment,just lost out in the club championship final last to an ex euro tour pro player,knocking out both of the winners in the last 6/7 years on his way. But has slight anger issues when things don't go his way.

First qualifying round for this years cc.

Tee shot at the tenth.

Par 3,elevated tee,nothing but gorse to play over to an elevated green. Catches his shot fat and ball straight in aforementioned gorse.

Club swung angrily at the bag,reloads and pops one nicely onto the green.

Normality has returned we think.

Seems happier now.

Looks at the time on his iPhone on 14th tee,only to discover he caught it flush with a 6 iron,hole in the screen and the back.

He only got the screen fixed last week too.

He will look back and laugh one day,as opposed to us,who were pishing ourselves and couldn't wait to tell the story back in the club. :oops:

Edited by dandydunn, 14 May 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#30 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Played Bogside a few times always in cracking condition. Is it still a qualifying course for The Open?

Was when the open was last at troon but not for turnberry last year.in great condition the now.tough course but great.in my 6th year there and inless i win the lottery cant seee moving.