Photo

Any Golfers?seasons Hopes.

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#1 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Next saturday start the medals at my course(irvine bogside).
Whats your ambitions for the year.mine is the obvious of getting handicap down.played of 10 for a few years down there but had two seasons of hooking nearly every shot and went up to 12.finished last year playing well and have started this year good too so hopeful to head back towards 10.all about driving for me.iron play ok,short game really good and not too bad on the greens,if only i can be consistent with the big boy!!!hopefully the new rocketballz will help.
Anyhow,good luck to all fellow hackers for the season ahead...foooooorrrrreeeee

#2 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Oh,forgot to mention hopefully getting the day off to compete and win the kilted golf day for the sunshine appeal this year :-))

#3 Ayrforce

Ayrforce
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

How are you gettin on with the RBZ, I've heard great reports?
I started the golf back up last year after an 11yr absence, joined a club they gave me 19!!
Now off of 13 and won the winter league by 18x shots, so targeting 10 or lower this season....the best laid schemes :)

One team in Ayrshire

#4 BEATS WORKING

BEATS WORKING
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

first medal of the year next week in sunny paisley, playing off 9.6(10) this time last year, was looking forward to telling everyone i play off single figures, now i play off 10.6,(11) best laid plans also, but this year will be the year i say im a single figure golfer.....i hope. good luck boys

#5 ek_celt

ek_celt
  • 14,934 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

I just got a season ticket for Strathy park for the first time, my aim is just to play as often as I can.

Edited by ek_celt, 29 March 2012 - 09:26 PM.

Bzzzz, on 06 December 2012 - 10:37 AM, said: Cannae deny it, we'll done Lennon & Celtic.

#6 andy smiff

andy smiff
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

I have been playing for years but since last year sometimes i get a pain in my left shin. I play fives and never had any pain so im thinking it must be golf swing related ? Anyone got any opinions ?
For we met the english,had our fun reminded them of bannockburn

#7 Ayrforce

Ayrforce
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

I have been playing for years but since last year sometimes i get a pain in my left shin. I play fives and never had any pain so im thinking it must be golf swing related ? Anyone got any opinions ?

Aye, stop hitting it with your club :)

One team in Ayrshire

#8 Topcat

Topcat
  • 740 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

new shoes

#9 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

How are you gettin on with the RBZ, I've heard great reports?
I started the golf back up last year after an 11yr absence, joined a club they gave me 19!!
Now off of 13 and won the winter league by 18x shots, so targeting 10 or lower this season....the best laid schemes :)

RBZ goin good.driving always been my weak point of my game.hopefully the RBZ will help that.got too 9.6 3 years ago but never made single figures.this year hopefuly.

#10 SMcoolJ

SMcoolJ
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Have gone from 3 to 5 in past two seasons. Partly work, partly new burd, partly just being sh1te. I would like to get back down to 3 again..... Was meant to be playing a medal this afternoon - course closed due to snow!!

Bought the new R11S (with the RBZ Tour shaft?!) and some new irons - TaylorMade MC's. Now that my financial sacrifices have been made to the Golfing Gods, I'm hoping for a good return.....

#11 Flure

Flure
  • 22,966 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Oh,forgot to mention hopefully getting the day off to compete and win the kilted golf day for the sunshine appeal this year :-))

Aye, about that. http://www.tasunshin...ilted-golf-day/

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com

#12 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Good start so far to season.won both first round singles and doubles ties,cut 0.2 in first medal and won the cash n trophy in the boys trip to spain.
Long may it continue.
Fooooorrrrrrreeee

#13 dandydunn

dandydunn
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Two rounds so far and the conclusion is that my putting has gotten worse,thought that wasn't possible.

But having 39 and 37 in the rounds,it's adding at least 10/12 strokes onto the round. Hopefully rectify it soon enough,as the rest of it is spot on. :banghead:

Edited by dandydunn, 04 May 2012 - 05:48 PM.

I wouldn't say I'm the best guy you will ever meet,But I'm defiantely in the top 1

#14 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Two rounds so far and the conclusion is that my putting has gotten worse,thought that wasn't possible.

But having 39 and 37 in the rounds,it's adding at least 10/12 strokes onto the round. Hopefully rectify it soon enough,as the rest of it is spot on. :banghead:

Ouch.keep the head down and dont look up til you here the ball drop!!!
Good luck.

#15 Flure

Flure
  • 22,966 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Did someone mention the Kilted Golf Day? Only 17 days to go!

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com