Interesting vid

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#46 John D

John D
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

He does.

He looks stronger, too. Good luck to him, I reckon he might keep Wigan up... maybe ...

might be he was told to bulk up, but wearing the hoops did him no justice.

looks much sharper

:mellow:  if I said I was joking , would you take me seriously?

#47 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

might be he was told to bulk up, but wearing the hoops did him no justice.

looks much sharper

I missed the Liverpool match bu I saw when he came on against Norwich, he lifted Wigan and he really made a difference. It was nice to see. I hope he produces more of the same as he's a talented lad.
I came, I saw, I conquered. ~ Julius Caesar

#48 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Double post.

Edited by SlayerX, 29 March 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#49 John D

John D
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

i'm for any players putting themselves thru performances in the squad come august/september

no club alliegence but a soft spot for wigan now. remember them getting into the league when it wasn't so easy.

:mellow:  if I said I was joking , would you take me seriously?

#50 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,729 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

The Ronaldo "comparison" wasn't a comparison at all, it's an analogy that claiming a player is washed up is ridiculous, especially at 24.

The anaology is flawed as well then. Even at 18 Ronaldo showed huge potential and good ability. I'm not claiming Driver is washed up at 24, I'm suggesting that at 24 he hasn't shown enough IMO to suggest he'll ever be good enough for Scotland. Hope I'm wrong but think he'll disappear to league 1 sooner rather than later
Pick it out Landreau

#51 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

The anaology is flawed as well then. Even at 18 Ronaldo showed huge potential and good ability. I'm not claiming Driver is washed up at 24, I'm suggesting that at 24 he hasn't shown enough IMO to suggest he'll ever be good enough for Scotland. Hope I'm wrong but think he'll disappear to league 1 sooner rather than later

An analogy is a comparison, not an exact mirror image.

People are so pedantic in this place.

#52 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,729 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

An analogy is a comparison, not an exact mirror image.

I suppose Ronaldo and Driver and both Male,
footballers and kick with their right foot :lol:

Berra and Baresi next because they both have surnames starting with B? ;)

Edited by ParisInAKilt, 30 March 2012 - 02:39 AM.

Pick it out Landreau

#53 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

Well, that's kinda stretching the reasoning but sure, why not. ;)

#54 ProudScot

ProudScot
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hard to think that just 2/3 years ago Hearts turned down £3million for him from that Dutch team!

#55 dipped flake

dipped flake
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

To join the pedantic wagon, Driver is left footed!! Think it is a real shame, for him, Hearts and Scotland, that his career has been blighted by injury. I feel he may have reached the peak of his career but obviously hope I am wrong

#56 Tartan Tammy 1314

Tartan Tammy 1314
  • Banned
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Driver was awful against Talbot in the cup.I know after watching that game.He was never going to get his papaer talk moves to France and Holland.Even the championship clubs linked with him never came to get him on loan.He is a good player though,and once his confidence returns.We will have another decent quik winger on our hands.

#57 scotlad

scotlad
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Maloney has had plenty of chances to shine in a Scotland shirt and bar one or two exceptions - such as his goal against the Faeroes and his game-changing introduction against Lithuania in 2007 - he has largely failed to do so, IMO.

However, if he can continue to play like he seems to have been doing for Wigan lately, then I think he deserves another shot for the national team. He is versatile, being capable of playing either wide left or right, or just behind the centre-forward (when we play one). He also takes a mean free-kick. I think a Shaun Maloney in top form would benefit the squad greatly.

It's only funny until someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious

#58 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Cheap shot.

Sift through my posts and point to the ones not dripping with common sense.

If you have anything to say to me feel free to PM.

I'm actually flattered with being regarded as a "Troll", as the usual opinion and view I this place is rather troglodytic.

So, thank you very much.

Still not found anything?

You know, posting and running and having a bestiality related usename is very "Troll" like.

You sure you aren't projecting?

Edited by SlayerX, 30 March 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#59 Auchinyell Sox Change

Auchinyell Sox Change
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Maloney has had plenty of chances to shine in a Scotland shirt and bar one or two exceptions - such as his goal against the Faeroes and his game-changing introduction against Lithuania in 2007 - he has largely failed to do so, IMO.

However, if he can continue to play like he seems to have been doing for Wigan lately, then I think he deserves another shot for the national team. He is versatile, being capable of playing either wide left or right, or just behind the centre-forward (when we play one). He also takes a mean free-kick. I think a Shaun Maloney in top form would benefit the squad greatly.

against Faroes and Lithuania

kind of says it all

#60 Bannannan

Bannannan
  • 649 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Maloney and think he is more than good enough for the squad. Probably best as an impact player.

The argument of he's done nothing in 19 matches is lazy. He's started about 1/4 of them and not done much wrong in most of them. He made a good contribution to the Euro 2008 campaign.

Maloney has two major problems when it comes to playing for Scotland. Firstly, he needs a free-role, preferably behind the striker(s). He can play elsewhere but that's where you'll get the best from him. We can't often afford this luxury and are far more likely to go with someone that isn't quite as good technically but will offer more when we don't have the ball. The other problem is we have a number of players that can play the same role(s) as Maloney and one of them is McFadden.

I'd love to see us try and play the 4-2-3-1 formation properly because I think we have the players to do it but I'm not sure we ever would.

GK - Gordon (McGregor, Marshall)
4 - Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley (Mulgrew, Hanley, Martin, Whittaker, Wallace)
2 - Fletcher and Brown (Adam, McArthur)
3 - 3 from Forrest, McFadden, Bannan, Maloney, Dorrans, Snodgrass, Phillips
1 - Fletcher or Miller (Goodwillie, CMS)

EASY!

Good idea.Please take over from you know who.

yes