• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 TA Sunshine Appeal

TA Sunshine Appeal
  • Correspondent
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Our new website is up and running.

Please consider joining. £10 entry fee. £5 to the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal and £5 paid out in prizes. No overheads.

http://www.tartansky.co.uk/euro/

Get your friends involved, organise office or pub leagues among yourselves.

We've unfortunately not qualified to be there (again) but the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal offers you a way to feel involved.

And you'll be helping to support the only Scotland fans' charity who contribute to childrens' charities in every country that Scotland play in.

The Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal - Everywhere We Go!!

Some stuff:-

You will be asked to nominate the winners and total number of competition goals upfront.

There will be 10pts awarded for a perfect score, and 5pts for getting the correct result (i.e. home / draw / away). But additionally 2pts will be awarded for the correct number of goals for either team.
So, for example, if you have guessed 4-1 and the score is 2-1, you get 5pts (for correct result) + 2pts (as the away goals '1' is correct). And if you have predicted a team to win 2-0 but they lose 2-3, you would still get 2pts, again for the '2' being correct.

Example: Player predicts 3-1

Score is 3-1: Player gets 10 pts (perfect score)
Score is 2-1: Player gets 7 pts (result + 'away' side goals)
Score is 1-0: Player gets 5 pts (result only)
Score is 3-3: Player gets 2 pts ('home' side goals only)
Score is 0-0: Player gets 0 pts

This means that even if your team is being humped you've still got a chance of getting something if one of the teams goals is correct. It rewards players who get their predictions closer to the actual result - for example if you just miss out on a "perfect" with a late goal you could still get something. It is designed to keep the league a bit tighter too.

Entrants will be able to update their predictions as the competition progresses rather than predict them all at the start.

1st Group games: Fixtures 1-8 - predictions can be altered up until 1pm on Jun 8th (First day of Euro 2012)
2nd Group games: Fixtures 9-16 - predictions can be altered up until 1pm on Jun 12th
3rd Group games: Fixtures 17-24 - predictions can be altered up until 1pm on Jun 16th
Quarter-finals: Fixtures 25 -28 - altered up until 1pm on 21st June (day of first QF)
Semis & Final: fixtures 29, 30, 31 - altered up until 1pm on 27th June (day of first SF)

Entry fee will be £10 via Paypal. Send your payment to info@tasunshineappeal.co.uk

All entrants are responsible for Paypal costs and for ensuring that £10 nett reaches the Sunshine Appeal account. So, if paying by Debit Card or Credit Card, please add £0.55.

50% of all entry money will be distributed as prizes and 50% will go to Sunshine Appeal funds.

25% will go to First place
15% will go to Second place
10% will go to Third place.

Support the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal
www.tasunshineappeal.co.uk

#2 Junebug

Junebug
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Since I've had a good few weeks in the SPL predictor then I'm well up for this :-) Plus it'll give me something else to waste time on when I'm supposed to be working!

#3 Flure

Flure
  • 22,855 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Since I've had a good few weeks in the SPL predictor then I'm well up for this :-) Plus it'll give me something else to waste time on when I'm supposed to be working!

Nae wimmin allowed, Dearie. This is fitba', no' skipping!

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com

#4 Junebug

Junebug
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Nae wimmin allowed, Dearie. This is fitba', no' skipping!

When you finish above me in at least one predictor competition I might let you say that ;)

#5 Flure

Flure
  • 22,855 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

When you finish above me in at least one predictor competition I might let you say that ;)

:( Gas. Peep.

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com

#6 mariokempes56

mariokempes56
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Flure

Me and the hooligan will be in for it - will bring checque Sunday.

#7 Flure

Flure
  • 22,855 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Flure

Me and the hooligan will be in for it - will bring checque Sunday.

Grand!!

#8 mariokempes56

mariokempes56
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Grand!!

Fek aff - think i'm loaded ?

#9 Flure

Flure
  • 22,855 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Fek aff - think i'm loaded ?

:rollsmile:

#10 Zicoladud

Zicoladud
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

think i have registerd twice bud could you sort this out also how do i pay
ghostly workers sleep below,they hear no rain or heel or toe.think of them when the forges glow,in the glasgow of long ago

#11 Flure

Flure
  • 22,855 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

That's no problem. I'll delete one of your entries.

Pay £10.55 via Paypal to info@tasunshineappeal.co.uk

Then your account will be activated.

#12 Zicoladud

Zicoladud
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

That's no problem. I'll delete one of your entries.

Pay £10.55 via Paypal to info@tasunshineappeal.co.uk

Then your account will be activated.

payment made all ok
ghostly workers sleep below,they hear no rain or heel or toe.think of them when the forges glow,in the glasgow of long ago

#13 Flure

Flure
  • 22,855 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

payment made all ok

See? S'easy!

Any more?

#14 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

See? S'easy!

Any more?

According to my paypal account I have made 2 payments of £10 can you confirm please.

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#15 EddardStark

EddardStark
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Just registered under a different email address