Photo

Signed Scotland Shirt For Charity

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 AnnieG

AnnieG
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

I have been given a signed Scotland shirt from David Goodwillie to raise funds for the Five Sisters Zoo in West Calder who have recently rescued 3 circus bears, these bears are now at their new home but funds are still required to pay for the amazing enclosure which has been built for them.

I can confirm the shirt is genuine and it is the yellow top from the Liechtenstein game on the 8th October. I can get photo if required.

I need advice on best way to raise money and if anyone can suggest how I should "auction" shirt or any other way this would be very much appreciated.

Info on bears can be found at www.fivesisterszoo.co.uk

Thanks

Annie

#2 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

Annie,

Cant help with best way of raising maximum cash, but i will be more than happy to bid when you have sorted that side of things out.
If you can post a photo of the top that would be good.

Good luck with raising the cash

BTW, brace yourself for some sarcastic posts about bears & circus's from the non Rangers posters on here! ;)

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#3 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

One bit of advice Annie, to maximise the money made from the sale, you should obtain a letter from Goodwillie confirming its authenticity.
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#4 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

If you listed it on Ebay (as a charity item) you'd get worldwide exposure so I'd recommend going the Ebay route.

Also, if you obtain some proof of authentication then it'll boost interest, it's not essential, though.

I came, I saw, I conquered. ~ Julius Caesar

#5 jenblueeyes

jenblueeyes
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

ebay probably is the best route. You could always post a link on here when it's up on the site. Most TA clubs are reasonably small so for anyone to take it off your hands and offer to raffle it, you'll probably be - at best - only exposing it to around 150/200 people.

By the way - read the coverage about the bears when you took them on. Good for you! I'm hoping to get through to the zoo at some point as it looks like you are doing some really good stuff there. Only difficulty is me fining the time as all my spare time is taken up with my dog, horse and fitba!

Genuinely the most viewed member profile on the TAMB - 16,023 and rising!

#6 Parklife

Parklife
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

How much do you think you'd get for it at auction?

I think it's possible that some sort of raffle might well raise more money.

#7 AnnieG

AnnieG
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

I'm not sure how much it would raise on eBay, my problem with a raffle is where would I sell tickets ? I am going to try and arrange for David Goodwillie to get photographed holding the shirt to prove its authenticity, I will just need to find out next time he is home then I can get something sorted. I think eBay sounds a good way to hopefully raise lots of money for the circus bears.

#8 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

The beauty of Ebay is that it's universal, which means that it'll be in the shop window around the world.

I have 500+ rating on Ebay so I'm quite experienced, but I've never listed signed. If I were guess I'd say that you'll be looking at £75-£100 for the shirt, but that's just a guess.

Good luck.

#9 Parklife

Parklife
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I have 500+ rating on Ebay so I'm quite experienced,

:lol:

Is there anything about you that isn't perfect?

#10 Donaldo87

Donaldo87
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

http://pages.ebay.co...alauctions.html

This page might be of use.

#11 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

:lol:

Is there anything about you that isn't perfect?

Lol.

I'm not perfect, no one is.

Just lucky is some aspects and jackpot lucky in others.

#12 OLAS

OLAS
  • 5,713 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

If I win the auction, will the bears do a wee dance for me?

#13 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

Bit of a sick joke.

#14 Junebug

Junebug
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

We just sold a signed Scotland strip at an auction for my teams player of the year night. It went for 375 to a well known tartan army member so just an idea of how much you could potentially get!

#15 AnnieG

AnnieG
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

I am going to get a photo of David holding the shirt then put this on eBay and hope for the best. Thanks for all the comments and advice. I will post a note when I get this done,